PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems getting into helicopter in GTA 4?

Pages : [1] 2

Mike89
12-09-08, 07:05 PM
Man this is kicking my butt. Almost at the end. Did the motorcycle jump over the jetti and latched onto the helicopter. I'm hanging there and it says to hit space bar quickly to climb into the helicopter. I'm hitting the space bar like crazy, I'm still hanging there and eventually helcopter crashes and I fall into the water. I've tried this like 6 or 7 times with the same result. Space bar doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've tried holding down "w" while hitting space bar, holding down "w", "shift", and tapping space bar and I just continue to hang there looking at Roman like a stupid ass (Roman also looks like a stupid ass for not pulling me up).

How the hell do you get into the helicopter? With all the negative experiences I've had playing this game, I better at least finish the damn thing before I throw it in the trash can and set it on fire!

NarcissistZero
12-09-08, 07:06 PM
I am not nearly that far in the PC game, but I know on console you had to jam the A button like your life freaking depended on it.

Mike89
12-09-08, 07:29 PM
What is the "A" button, the jump key? I've tried hitting the jump key (space bar), forward key, run key and all three and just hang there. I also had a problem previously like this, hanging on a truck and had to also hit the space bar. I had problems with that too but eventually pulled up. Seems there is something wrong with the key sensitivity or something. Shouldn't be like this at all.

Toss3
12-09-08, 07:44 PM
Man this is kicking my butt. Almost at the end. Did the motorcycle jump over the jetti and latched onto the helicopter. I'm hanging there and it says to hit space bar quickly to climb into the helicopter. I'm hitting the space bar like crazy, I'm still hanging there and eventually helcopter crashes and I fall into the water. I've tried this like 6 or 7 times with the same result. Space bar doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've tried holding down "w" while hitting space bar, holding down "w", "shift", and tapping space bar and I just continue to hang there looking at Roman like a stupid ass (Roman also looks like a stupid ass for not pulling me up).

How the hell do you get into the helicopter? With all the negative experiences I've had playing this game, I better at least finish the damn thing before I throw it in the trash can and set it on fire!

Try quickly tapping the "w" button.

crainger
12-09-08, 08:04 PM
Also check if you have rebound stuff. Often PC games will list the default button EVEN if you have remapped it.

Mike89
12-09-08, 08:11 PM
I didn't remap any buttons for this game.

crainger
12-09-08, 08:15 PM
What?! Why not? Explain yourself!

Then try 'w'. Or other keys. You'll know when it's working as he'll slowly pull himself up.

Also try another keyboard. Maybeyourspacebarisbroken.

Mike89
12-09-08, 08:29 PM
My space bar is not broken and my keyboard is fine. As many times as I've hit the damn space bar trying to get through this crap, it should be broken by now. A game should not be like this. And the "w" does nothing. I cannot even express the number of expletetives that have come out of my mouth playing this game (I'd need a freakin case of soap to wash out my mouth). Dunno about anyone else, but I've about had it with this POS.

DRen72
12-09-08, 08:39 PM
My space bar is not broken and my keyboard is fine. As many times as I've hit the damn space bar trying to get through this crap, it should be broken by now. A game should not be like this. And the "w" does nothing. I cannot even express the number of expletetives that have come out of my mouth playing this game (I'd need a freakin case of soap to wash out my mouth). Dunno about anyone else, but I've about had it with this POS.360 version was pretty tough at that point as well. I think I got it on like the 20th try or something.

Mike89
12-09-08, 09:20 PM
To me, there are clearly issues with the implementation of the controls. As I stated, there was another similar area with this similar issue and there was the bowling that I couldn't get to work at all, though it involved the mouse rather than the keyboard. I don't look at these as built in difficulty, I look at it as glitches. It's one thing being stuck trying to complete a hard battle, or getting though a difficult puzzle. But making it like this to climb into a helicopter? Then having to play through the whole thing again to get to that point, then being foiled again? 20 times in a row? I don't care what you call this, to me it is not good coding for a game.

The GTA series and similar Scarface are the type of games that are really not my cup of tea anyway, but I wanted to give this game a go, mainly cause I was curious and I know how good the voice acting is with Rockstar games. It's second to none, and movie quality. It's all the other things experienced over hours of playing this game that has got me to my wits end on this one. It's a Steam game (so don't have a disk), I have plenty of hard drive space, so I'm not going to un-install it (at this time). I'll bite my tongue, munch on my bars of soap, give the patch (or patches) a go and see if I change my mind about this game somewhat.

crainger
12-09-08, 10:20 PM
Dare I say it??

Should play with a gamepad?

::D:

I'm getting PC version soonish. I'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll get the same bug and will at least find a work around. No one else here will because they aren't as uber mega God as me.

Mike89
12-09-08, 10:42 PM
Dare I say it?? Should play with a gamepad?

Yes you are daring to say. Bite your tongue Craingerdude! (Crainger puts hands on desk to get knuckles whacked with wooden paddle)

bcrt2000
12-09-08, 10:51 PM
This happened to me too, but I figured it out the first time my helicopter crashed. What happens is as soon as you get in the helicopter, YOU are piloting it, and you have to avoid crashing.

Mike89
12-09-08, 10:53 PM
No, I never got into the helicopter. My cheese is hangin in the wind (and it's still hangin, and my buns are getting cold). Trying hanging off a chopper for a few hours and see if your buns don't get cold (plus the water I always fall into is kinda cold too).

Oh, so now you're saying if I ever do get my buns in the chopper, I then have a few seconds to keep it from crashing. That's just great.

crainger
12-09-08, 11:26 PM
That whole last sequence is a pain. It took me 10 goes on PS3. Once you are in and piloting you have to dodge rockets, you are lucky is you can survive 2 hits. After that it's pretty ok.

Mike89
12-09-08, 11:57 PM
I wanna hear what happens when you try in on PC (with no controller, dude). :)

crainger
12-10-08, 12:15 AM
This is what you will hear

bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang Space Bar my arse! GTFO!

Wolfhound
12-10-08, 04:30 AM
It also goes a little like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Why are you putting thi s**t video everywhere? is boring the second and the third time, and it isnīt funny at all

crainger
12-10-08, 05:22 AM
7ItZyFg7HBk

NarcissistZero
12-10-08, 10:53 AM
It was the rockets part that kept killing me... getting on the copter was relatively simply, once I figured out you had to mash that jump button like a madman.

Dodging the rockets though... bleh. Remember: do not shoot the boat, there is no point, just dodge.

bob saget
12-10-08, 11:04 AM
7ItZyFg7HBk

:rofl

Mike89
12-10-08, 05:04 PM
once I figured out you had to mash that jump button like a madman.

I've been one mashing SOB and I still can't get into that chopper (see all those "bangs' in Crainger's post, I've mashed that many times each time I've tried it. If there were any potatoes around, they would be mashed to gravy). Maybe my deoderant aint workin and they just won't let me in. Guess I'll switch to SpeedStick and try again.

Wolfhound
12-10-08, 07:46 PM
7ItZyFg7HBk

That is really funny :lol:

LordJuanlo
12-11-08, 03:27 AM
I don't have problems getting into helicopter in GTA 4, because I have problems getting into GTA 4. Where is the damn patch?

Mike89
12-11-08, 09:22 PM
Dunno what happened but I just tried it again and this time had no problems at all. I got right in the chopper with just a few space bar taps. I had been having some issues with a firewall I had recently installed (Online Armor) and finally un-installed it before I played the game this time. Don't know if it was just coincidence or if that affected this issue somehow. Beats the hell out of me.