PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Region?

ATOJAR
12-11-08, 04:12 AM
Guys i just tried to play a dvd in my DVD drive, now DVDs worked fine before(afew weeks ago when i last tired it) .... games work/install fine so i know the dvd rom is not knackered, Now this is a legit, origional dvd but heres the message i get.

My rom is in my sig.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/region.jpg

Any ideas? .. can i change the region back?

Revs
12-11-08, 04:27 AM
You generally get 4 or 5 changes I think. I'm sure when you change the region it'll tell you how many you have left.

EciDemon
12-11-08, 04:54 AM
I'd make a backup of the movie with dvd shrink and mount it in a virtual dvd drive such as daemon tools and play from there.
That's what I do when I want to watch region 1 anime on my region 2 dvd drive (i dont want to perma change it)

nekrosoft13
12-11-08, 06:14 AM
there is nothing wrong with that message, DVD regions on movies have been around since DVD was introduced.

buying anyDVD have been a good investment for me, never have to worry about regions, or other BS on DVD, BD

ATOJAR
12-11-08, 09:49 AM
Im sure this same dvd worked fine just afew weeks back! ..... shouldent a dvd & dvd rom both bought in uk both be set to play in the right region? ... its stupid!

Cheers though :D

nekrosoft13
12-11-08, 10:15 AM
any PC drive you buy it is always not set to any specific region.

When a company makes drives they make them in bulk, so they never set the region.

It is up to the user to do so, with RPC-2 user can set the region five times and OEM can change it 4 times. After that it can't be changed.

You can also download hacked firmware and flash firmware that is region free

ATOJAR
12-11-08, 01:40 PM
Well i done a little googling and found this site > http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php .... some very helpfull people on there, i now have a region free rom but have to use anydvd to get past the windows player restrictions ... anyway all sorted, if anybody ever has any problems with a rom drive of any kind i could not recommend that site more.

nekrosoft13
12-11-08, 02:07 PM
i'm a member on that site as well.

crainger
12-11-08, 02:42 PM
Can you join the Playstation Forums nekro. I have some questions to ask.