PDA

View Full Version : can't install vista

fasedww
12-11-08, 10:38 PM
Ok got my asus extreme i7965 and corsair 1600 tri 2x3 gig kit and on e evga 280 hooked up. Ok set cdrom for first boot device, put the vista 64 bit disk in says windows is loading files right away then comes up the windows like it already has a os installed :(it doesn't ask me to where I want it installed to format the hardrive. just skipped all that. Is it because I have a OEM and had it installed in a different system once, which I have dismantelled now

fasedww
12-12-08, 10:33 AM
well I just installed win xp 32 bit no problem, whats wrong?, vista just boots says loading files then goes to the micrsoft bars then to like a desktop wallpaper and just sits there, skipping all the location and format etc.

nekrosoft13
12-12-08, 10:37 AM
where did you get that disc from? sounds like automated install

fasedww
12-12-08, 10:41 AM
where did you get that disc from? sounds like automated installn
new egg, oem vista 64 bit ultimate, when I used it first on another computer it worked right, like the one listed below no thats dismatelled I want to put it on my new computer

ViN86
12-12-08, 10:50 AM
weird. have you tried installing Vista on the hard drive after you installed XP on it?

fasedww
12-12-08, 10:54 AM
weird. have you tried installing Vista on the hard drive after you installed XP on it?

yep same thing before our after.:(

nekrosoft13
12-12-08, 10:54 AM
n
new egg, oem vista 64 bit ultimate, when I used it first on another computer it worked right, like the one listed below no thats dismatelled I want to put it on my new computer

content wise vista is the same on all disc, so there should be absolutly no difference and it shouldn't cause that.

no offense but this sounds fishy ;)

fasedww
12-12-08, 11:10 AM
content wise vista is the same on all disc, so there should be absolutly no difference and it shouldn't cause that.

no offense but this sounds fishy ;)

well i got the invioce and all, the winxp sp2 is oem to and I have it on another computer the one I'm typing on.:(

ViN86
12-12-08, 11:23 AM
well i got the invioce and all, the winxp sp2 is oem to and I have it on another computer the one I'm typing on.:(

you may want to contact MS to make sure the disc and everything is legit.

also there's no scratches on the disc?

can you format the HDD with the Vista boot disc? or does it not even get that far? do you have other HDD's plugged in?

you should have only your install drive plugged in.

fasedww
12-12-08, 11:27 AM
you may want to contact MS to make sure the disc and everything is legit.

also there's no scratches on the disc?

can you format the HDD with the Vista boot disc? or does it not even get that far? do you have other HDD's plugged in?

you should have only your install drive plugged in.
well it has to i updated to sp1 on it before, does that genuine test and all. no scratches, goes straight to loading files, one sata segate 1 terabyte and on sat liteon dvd rw

ViN86
12-12-08, 11:46 AM
how many partitions?

fasedww
12-12-08, 11:49 AM
how many partitions?
none, brand new

fasedww
12-12-08, 12:59 PM
just updated to bios 804 from 504, still same thing win xp works good though.

fasedww
12-12-08, 06:43 PM
just had to wait a couple of minutes when the vist install was clicked, I'm so impatient downloading all the updates right now, Seems to be working good so far.:D