PDA

View Full Version : Savage 2 Now FREE

nekrosoft13
12-12-08, 03:25 PM
This is not a demo with time restrictions or spawn time increases. This is the full version of the game absolutely FREE. Spread the word! The fansite kit has been updated to help in those efforts.

http://savage2.s2games.com/main.php

evox
12-12-08, 03:26 PM
Bad sales much aye..... :D

Edit: Before you can enjoy Savage 2, you will need to create a player account. You have the option of playing Savage 2 for free, or upgrading to a Prime account for just $9.99!

Not completely free I guess.

nekrosoft13
12-12-08, 03:28 PM
i believe that was the plan from the start

nemecb
12-13-08, 08:50 PM
Bad sales much aye..... :D

Edit:

Not completely free I guess.
The prime accounts are just for things like stats, and a couple of minor perks (you can carry 2 more special items, but unless things have changed you can only use 2 at a time anyway and free accounts can carry more than that to begin with). I think you also get access to the replay database with a paid account, which contains the replays of every game played since it released.

I'm a little sad that this game didn't do better because I love the concept, but it was probably a little too ambitious for a company this size. I'm really hoping now that it's gone free like the original it will see some of the same success (the original still has a very active community and even community-sponsored improvements).

I would definitely recommend that everyone give this a shot. It's a pretty unique game and it's made by a small company that is doing a lot of the stuff people are asking for from other developers. They gave a price break for digital distribution, no DRM (since an account is required it's not necessary), and they've supported the game despite less-than-stellar sales. :thumbsup:

sMull
12-13-08, 08:57 PM
Agreed, these are the companies people should support, not bastards like Rockstar.