PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Getting Axed?

Pages : [1] 2 3

evox
12-13-08, 05:01 AM
Not more than a month after the release of Need For Speed: Undercover, the Electric Playground is reporting that Electronic Arts may be cutting the franchise entirely.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171828

Hope so. NFS games have been pretty **** lately. :thumbdwn:

Lfctony
12-13-08, 05:03 AM
It's about time...

H3avyM3tal
12-13-08, 05:30 AM
Amen.

nutcrackr
12-13-08, 05:31 AM
Better to have none than crap versions? I say yes.

LordJuanlo
12-13-08, 05:32 AM
+1 to kill the franchise, every new game is worse than previous

[EOCF] Tim
12-13-08, 06:01 AM
That's a real shame tho, because they should end it on a bomb shell, so that everyone that mentions NFS will think to that and the original games without that rice and rubbish live acting stuff, and it will go down the history books with some dignity.

NarcissistZero
12-13-08, 07:04 AM
Every game gets worse because they insist on a once-a-year schedule. If they put time, effort and ingenuity into the next NFS, it could be awesome. That development team can make a decent racer, as evidenced by Most Wanted (story aside).

|MaguS|
12-13-08, 08:45 AM
I say they should just suspend it, Let the game take a year or two off to recoop and then go back to the drawing board.

Phyxion
12-13-08, 09:24 AM
If you ask me there is no need to get rid of NFS completely, however, if the last NFS' are the only thing they can manage, yes, get rid of it. With a lot of time and effort NFS can be great, like Porsche 2000, but I think it's time to get rid of the current team of NFS completely.

Destroy
12-13-08, 09:47 AM
Yay, maybe when Disney buys EA they will do something good with NFS.

evox
12-13-08, 11:27 AM
Yay, maybe when Disney buys EA they will do something good with NFS.
Mickey for Speed? :p

stjuart
12-13-08, 04:29 PM
Mickey for Speed? :p

More like "Mickey on Speed".

$n][pErMan
12-13-08, 04:55 PM
Every game gets worse because they insist on a once-a-year schedule. If they put time, effort and ingenuity into the next NFS, it could be awesome. That development team can make a decent racer, as evidenced by Most Wanted (story aside).

EA is the worst thing for gaming....

Sgt_Pitt
12-14-08, 08:08 AM
I enjoyed the ones i played, i think they went above and beyond the depth of most racing games.

The problem is it was still a racing game.

SH64
12-14-08, 08:43 AM
I had hopes for an enhanced "Most Wanted" that i could play and enjoy for a while. Too bad they failed to accomplish that. In this case i think its time for the game to put to rest and not come back unless it comes back with some serious gameplay improvements and completely advanced and overhauled graphics engine.

NarcissistZero
12-14-08, 09:36 AM
[pErMan;1874251']EA is the worst thing for gaming....

Mirror's Edge and Dead Space were amazing, and I really enjoyed Mercenaries 2. Mass Effect was awesome, and Dragon Age looks stunning. It really depends on the franchise and what part of EA the game falls under...

They seem to have certain franchises they abuse and flog, but others they rely on for more quality. Kind of like a movie studio, really.

Capt. Picard
12-14-08, 10:53 AM
I say they should just suspend it, Let the game take a year or two off to recoop and then go back to the drawing board.

It might be what they are doing. Corporate politics has really fcked up a good franchise.

They might be suspending the franchise until a new studio comes up with a kick-ass game dispaying their talents. Then they'll buy out they studio to create a new, kick-ass NFS!!! Or that's what I wish, at least.

nekrosoft13
12-14-08, 02:37 PM
good, NFS need to die

ahheadlock
12-14-08, 06:39 PM
yes let it die. Maybe in a few years they can 'reboot' the thing like bond and do a good one.

although i doubt it (that it would be a good one)

i blame it all on the fast and the furious. too much neonz and paul walker attitude.

crainger
12-14-08, 06:55 PM
Fast and the Furious is the worst thing to happen to gaming AND cars in general really. ::D:

WeReWoLf
12-14-08, 10:13 PM
Fast and the Furious is the worst thing to happen to gaming AND cars in general really. ::D:

Funnily enough, it's the truth.

CaptNKILL
12-14-08, 10:14 PM

QFT

Tr1cK
12-15-08, 06:43 AM
QFT

TFQ!

Capt. Picard
12-15-08, 06:49 AM
I still fancy putting neons under my car. :p

nekrosoft13
12-15-08, 07:06 AM
Mirror's Edge and Dead Space were amazing, and I really enjoyed Mercenaries 2. Mass Effect was awesome, and Dragon Age looks stunning. It really depends on the franchise and what part of EA the game falls under...

They seem to have certain franchises they abuse and flog, but others they rely on for more quality. Kind of like a movie studio, really.

EA had nothing to do with Mass Effect game was finished when EA bought Bioware, and Dragon Age even when being developed under EA regime, entire team is composed of Bioware, EA has no say in development.

Once EA starts ordering Bioware around, Bioware will be finished.

Dead Space is a rare gem, something that you don't expect from EA, Mirrors Edge I give credit to Dice.

And well Mercenaries 2 was just crap