PDA

View Full Version : FX ultimate screenshot!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fantomas
05-27-03, 11:10 PM
Okay we know the ultra's are good...I want to see what future gaming looks like...has anyone got one that is playing games in super high rez with 8xAA 8xAF..? lets see how good this card looks! show us! make us believe!

note to mods: i posted here because this is where FX users most likely post so 'ult'imately this is got the best chance of giving the best screenshot...

jAkUp
05-27-03, 11:23 PM
hmmm i have an fx, and the iq looks just as good as all nvidia cards... just runs faster than a geforce 4 or 3... you can crank any card up to 8xaa 8xaf and it will look nearly identical...

Matt-AWD
05-27-03, 11:41 PM
Hasn't it been shown that 4xS looks better than 8x anyway?

indio
05-28-03, 12:08 AM
does that mean the anwser is no?
Anyhow can someone with an FX benchmark and maybe take a screen of MotoGP 2 while running the special effects option (it's motion blur stuff etc.)?? pretty please? I'll give you a sample of it's greatness on my 9700 pro. This game is sweet!!

http://users.adelphia.net/~dshetterly/images/rage3d3.jpg

DorXtar
05-28-03, 12:23 AM
And then there was silence. And the silence was good.

StealthHawk
05-28-03, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Matt-AWD
Hasn't it been shown that 4xS looks better than 8x anyway?

Yes :p You have to use a tweaker program to get the "real" 6xS and 8x.

Now that I bring that up. Can someone with a gfFX5800 compare benchmark numbers from 6xS and 8x available in the driver control panel to the modes that say aTuner provides? Or you can use any other tweaker that exposes the RG modes, I'm not sure if RivaTuner does or not.

EMunEeE
05-28-03, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by indio
does that mean the anwser is no?
Anyhow can someone with an FX benchmark and maybe take a screen of MotoGP 2 while running the special effects option (it's motion blur stuff etc.)?? pretty please? I'll give you a sample of it's greatness on my 9700 pro. This game is sweet!!

http://users.adelphia.net/~dshetterly/images/rage3d3.jpg

Whoa Nelly!! Nice!! I wish my monitor allowed me to go higher than 1280x1024. I already ball out with 6xAA/16xAF....hahahahaha....:D

fantomas
05-28-03, 01:29 AM
okay, i stand corrected, 4x is better than 8x ...
:confused:
the point is to see some OUTSTANDING image quality, something that will MAKE me upgrade from my gforce 3...

any takers?

the best screen so far is from a 9700pro!!

bkswaney
05-28-03, 01:41 AM
Trust me when I say the IQ is just as nice on the FX cards.

I had a 9700 Pro and now I have a 5800ultra.
The IQ is about the same. :)
Sorry I do not have anywhere to upload any pics.

EMunEeE
05-28-03, 01:45 AM
[i]....the best screen so far is from a 9700pro!! [/B]

And chances are it'll stay that way...;)

Nv40
05-28-03, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by bkswaney
Trust me when I say the IQ is just as nice on the FX cards.

I had a 9700 Pro and now I have a 5800ultra.
The IQ is about the same. :)
Sorry I do not have anywhere to upload any pics.

indeed ..:)

enable texture sharpening +8xAF/6Xs at 1600x1200 and you will see
nothing but perfection in the GeforceFx IQ. :)

Moose
05-28-03, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Nv40

You'll see it better AND faster on a R9700 or a R9800 at those settings though.

;)

indio
05-28-03, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Nv40

can we get a screenshot of that with a framerate counter or do we have to listen to you blather on imaginitively?

Moose
05-28-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by indio
can we get a screenshot of that with a framerate counter or do we have to listen to you blather on imaginitively?

here ya go...

From hardocp's review

http://hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA1MjY1OTc3OGJRaTJVSURadEJfN18xM l9sLmpwZw==

90 FPS (ATI) or 37 FPS (Nvidia)

which would you rather have at high quality settings?????

indio
05-28-03, 01:54 PM
My point was
#1 MotoGP2 is a game and it's probably the closest thing we have to DX9
#2 It's is out NOW.
#3 It's uses vertex and pixel shaders HEAVILY.
I wanna see a similar quality screenshot with an FPS count using this game. I just wanna see if all the B.S. about "real game performance" is true. The Nv30 and NV35 are great cards albeit expensive. I think it is a legitimate concern for buyers to try and "future proof " themselves a little at the least. It is common knowledge that future games will rely heavily on PS and I'm guessing this game would be a good start at it.

Pafet
05-28-03, 05:05 PM
It's not DX9
It's like in the Xbox

Even my 4200Ti have that blur effect when going real fast.
But I see there's self shadowing in your SS. Mine don't!!!!!

the thing is the first MotoGP did!!!
maybe drivers again :(

I'll try installing the first ine again...

http://www.abnormalgfx.com/host/mgp2.jpg

indio
05-28-03, 06:37 PM
not all motion blur is created equal it seems. How does it look when it's raining?

http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/motogp2_2.jpg

but your not on an FX so it really don't matter . We all know the GF4Ti series are fast. When I said close to DX 9 i meant close as in shear number of PS operations being performed per frame. It seems MotoGp 2 has alot more than any other game. I am curious as to if any cards in the FX series can perfrom on th same level as the R300 series. The guy wants the ultimate FX screen shot but alas he can not have it. :confused:

Btw this game doesn't look like this on the Xbox :D

Ady
05-28-03, 07:29 PM
indio: is there a big difference between motoGP 1 and 2? I've only got 1. Worth grabbing 2 u think?

PreservedSwine
05-28-03, 07:40 PM
The bikers helmut looks nice and rouns, but there are serious aliasing issues elsewhere.

In the first screenie, it looks like no alising is being applied to the roof on the shed, off on the far right. What's up w/ that???

EDIT: OK me=teh dummy

1st screenie from R9700- the shed is missing aliasing???:confused:

jAkUp
05-28-03, 07:54 PM
looks like someone is about to get banned.

edit:
nm the post was removed

Fusion
05-28-03, 07:57 PM
In the first screenie, it looks like no alising is being applied to the roof on the shed, off on the far right. What's up w/ that???

These are nothing compared to R9700/9500/9800 aa screenshots.

Pretty dissapointing if you ask me...

I thought the first screenshot was from a 9700 Pro :confused:

The file is named rage3d3.jpg, So I guess it is from a 9700.

I haven't yet got the game, So I can't test it.

AnteP
05-28-03, 08:12 PM
I have both the 9800 Pro and 5800 Ultra and the 9800 Pro delivers higher quality images without a doubt, especially AA is just so much nicer on the 9800

even nvidias 8xS and 12x/16x can't touch ATis 6x

as for ATis "angular problems" I've never seen 'em outside an synthetic situation, but I do see that their 16x mode brings somewhat more sharpness near the horizon, mostly notable in racing games and such

as for texture sharpening, when will people finally realize that all it does is up the Aniso level one step, if you already set it to 8x it won't do no good
even nvidias help files explains this, as does their reviewers guides etc.

indio
05-28-03, 08:28 PM
the first screen is a 9700 pro with 512mb 266 mhz ddr , 1900 XP.

The game has 4 multisample settings, 2x aa , 4x aa , 6 x aa , and "special". You need to have special to get all of the ps and vs effects. That's why you see aliasing. here's a 6x AA 16xAF sample. For the record .jpg compression sux

http://users.adelphia.net/~dshetterly/images/motogp2-6xAA.jpg

to ADY :: game is improved graphically and realisticly. 3 more tracks i think. players and bikes are more customizable

G6-200
05-28-03, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Moose
here ya go...

From hardocp's review

http://hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA1MjY1OTc3OGJRaTJVSURadEJfN18xM l9sLmpwZw==

90 FPS (ATI) or 37 FPS (Nvidia)

which would you rather have at high quality settings?????

It was when I saw this exact comparison that I knew I was not going to purchase an NV3x based card.
ATI's AA is superior, and over 2x as fast in this case.
I ended up with a 9800 Pro, the phrase "no brainer" comes to mind. :)

G6

indio
05-28-03, 11:56 PM
IMHO product reviews should crank everything max and test , then lower everything down and test. Then try and test to some arbitrary frame rate i.e. 30fps and see where the settings are that can maintain it , of course taking screenshots of each setup. Then you will establish a "fastest " -"slowest" - "playable" baseline. Some CPU scaling would be in order too. This would give ppl. the most accurate generalized assessment possible.
Or you could just do EVERY possible setting with screenshots