PDA

View Full Version : Best GTA Game?

Pages : [1] 2

ATOJAR
12-20-08, 05:59 AM
As the name suggests, whats your favorite GTA of the series?

Ive only really played III & IV, up to now cant quite decide what i like more, although i made the poll one choice only so ill have to decide on one.

I chose III, For some reason playing IV & im onto the second island i still feel like a small time criminal running messages for people! ... i remember with III it gave you the feeling of actually moving up the ranks in the mafia underworld.

evox
12-20-08, 06:35 AM
Vice City. Once a classic, always a classic.

NarcissistZero
12-20-08, 07:36 AM
Vice City. Once a classic, always a classic.

Yeah... I'm tempted to agree. My love for the 80s and the Miami Vice vibe, along with the game having a strong story in general, make me love Vice City most of all in my mind.

I recognize GTA4 is the better game though, when I remove nostalgia from my mind. It also has better graphics, much better aiming and incredible cinema-quality voice acting performances.

I'm gonna give it to GTA4 for being the best GAME, but Vice City is probably my favorite EXPERIENCE, if that makes any sense.

JaxMacFL
12-20-08, 08:14 AM
GTASA just seems to have the best flow to it and has a very comfortable feel to it. As I play GTA IV and get more comfortable with it my opinion will probably lean toward it as the graphics are definately better.

XDanger
12-20-08, 08:18 AM
Vice City is probably my favorite EXPERIENCE, if that makes any sense.
It makes perfect sense, Same as PacMan > Kane & Lynch or whatever

Vice City for me also ,Great soundtrack and feel to it

San Andreas was a humorless boring slog

Haven't played GTAIV yet but from what Ive seen it will be my favorite game.
,Have to wait for Crimbus (and a Q6700 probably).

ATOJAR
12-20-08, 08:35 AM
Theres only two things that i can knock GTA IV for so far.

The first being what i said in my OP, ive been playing IV for a good while now, im onto the second island and i still feel like a petty street criminal running errands for people! ... does this feeling ever change?

Second is no AA, Now i know that GFX aint everything in a game but good GFX do help you get immersed more in games.

sMull
12-20-08, 09:11 AM
GTA2 no doubt.

NarcissistZero
12-20-08, 12:49 PM
The first being what i said in my OP, ive been playing IV for a good while now, im onto the second island and i still feel like a petty street criminal running errands for people! ... does this feeling ever change?

It never changes... it's a story very focused around who Niko is as a character, as someone who was emotionally damaged by his past and who does nasty things for truly nasty people because of that damage.

You never rise up to own an empire or anything like that...

Phyxion
12-20-08, 01:00 PM
Hard to tell, It's not easy to compare a 2D game with a 3D game.
For 2D games I choose GTA2.
As of the 3D it's definitely GTAIV.
Sums up with GTA2 for me.

nekrosoft13
12-20-08, 01:07 PM
from best to worst

BEST
GTA4
GTA
GTAvice
GTA3
GTAlondon
GTA2
GTAsan

bob saget
12-20-08, 01:45 PM
really enjoyed the old one, dunno what it was called, with the birds-eye-view of the city and the main character. Haven't played any since then.

ATOJAR
12-20-08, 01:45 PM
It never changes... You never rise up to own an empire or anything like that...

:(

breathemetal
12-20-08, 01:55 PM
Ive only played a few, but out of the few I have played I'd have to say GTAIV despite its few downfalls.

Destroy
12-20-08, 03:01 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if many that voted even played San Andreas.

Played 2/3 through GTA4 on PS3 and compared the GTA:SA that I'm now playing, it is sorely lacking it all areas but graphics and physics. GTA4 is a large step backwards in regards to gameplay content.

hemmy
12-20-08, 03:32 PM
Vice City wasn't very good, I would say:

GTA3
GTA4
GTA:SA
GTA:VC
GTA2

Those are all I've played

LT.Schaffer
12-20-08, 04:00 PM
for me

GTAIV>VC>GTAIII>SA

crainger
12-20-08, 05:21 PM
Vice City. Great setting, great music.

sMull
12-20-08, 08:18 PM
GTA2 is free now, go and play it it's sweet.

CaptNKILL
12-20-08, 09:37 PM
I really liked GTA 2 though I never really played the missions. I was never into the missions in any of the games, it was more fun to just run around wreaking havoc.

The games after GTA 2 just never felt "right" to me. GTA 1 and 2 felt much more polished for what they were.

Also, using car editors and cheats in GTA2 was freaking awesome. :D

nutcrackr
12-20-08, 10:09 PM
only reason for me that gta 4 doesn't win this is because of it's performance issues. it's easily the better game

Vice City
San Andreas

evox
12-21-08, 06:52 AM
Yeah... I'm tempted to agree. My love for the 80s and the Miami Vice vibe, along with the game having a strong story in general, make me love Vice City most of all in my mind.

I recognize GTA4 is the better game though, when I remove nostalgia from my mind. It also has better graphics, much better aiming and incredible cinema-quality voice acting performances.

I'm gonna give it to GTA4 for being the best GAME, but Vice City is probably my favorite EXPERIENCE, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I loved the colorful and exciting environment VC had. Compared that to SA that felt quite jaded although it had a brilliant story. I haven't played GTA4 yet as my copy shipped late, but I doubt it can top the atmosphere and feeling of 'Live' that Vice City had. :o

six_storm
12-21-08, 07:23 AM
Best to worst IMO:

GTA:VC
GTA4
GTA3
GTA:SA
The Rest of the GTA series

GTA:VC was the best IMO since it has the BEST soundtrack of any GTA game and just the fact that I love the 80s. The cars, the clothes, and def the music. The story was awesome, but I did not like the fact that it was a remake of Scarface lol.

GTA4 is freakin awesome, I was just disappointed in the 360 version. Graphics got so bad at points, it was hard to tell where you were driving! Luckily, the PC version is looking amazing and plays decent on my PC.

GTA3 was a great change from the crappy 2D games. I just never could get into the 2D games. The music was catchy and the actual game itself was just groundbreaking IMO.

San Andreas . . . . What can I say? Probably one of the worst games of all time. The city was way too large, the eating/exercising thing was just stupid and the whole early 90's gangsta story line was cliche and stupid. Not much else to say.

But I do have a soft spot for GTA games, gotta love the freedom to run over people and blow them up to bits! :D

NarcissistZero
12-21-08, 08:01 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if many that voted even played San Andreas.

Played 2/3 through GTA4 on PS3 and compared the GTA:SA that I'm now playing, it is sorely lacking it all areas but graphics and physics. GTA4 is a large step backwards in regards to gameplay content.

What you call extra gameplay content I call annoying crap I don't want in my free-roaming game.

San Andreas was filled with crappy mini-games... every other mission involved learning some new crappy mini-game... and the RPG-lite elements like weight and stamina and stuff were annoying and boring.

Plus, the story was not as good as Vice City or even GTA3, and certainly nowhere near as good as 4.

Toss3
12-21-08, 09:06 AM
Vice City for me as well! :) Never even finished SA. GTA IV is great as well now that they've gotten most of the bugs fixed. :)

ViN86
12-21-08, 09:50 AM
i think GTA III was the best since it really pushed the genre into what it is today. GTA IV is by far the best version of the game, but i dont think it would have ever been that way if it werent for GTA III.