PDA

View Full Version : Clear Sky - Patch and Game File

Technoholic
12-23-08, 08:19 PM
Okayy.... I did not read the note carefully. I never knew there was 1.5.04/1.5.05. I had 1.5.01 the whole time, now my game can't load.

I remember I just had to like copy the one that was patched as 1.5.01, for example, clearsky.exe then paste/overwrite the one that was patched with 1.5.07. Is this possible?

If so, what do I have to do?

CaptNKILL
12-23-08, 08:34 PM
Two threads about the same game? :p

bob saget
12-23-08, 08:36 PM
he pwns captn, leave him alone.

Technoholic
12-23-08, 08:38 PM
It's a different subject. :POKE:

Destroy
12-23-08, 09:24 PM
It's a different subject. :POKE:

There is an official thread on this game somewhere...anywho, try here. (http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&offset=300)

Jonelo
12-24-08, 05:05 AM
The 1.5.01 version is not compatible with the others;). Besides, it is very buggy, it may not be able to finish the game. There was an unofficial patch for the worst bug of that version.

Technoholic
12-24-08, 10:24 AM
Not be able to finish? Omg.

I'm 5 days into the game. :( I'm only in Red Forest / Army Base, its where I go to this far. Do I have PLENTY OF TIME left ahead of me?

Jonelo
12-24-08, 11:02 AM
No, just go to Limanks, go to the hospital and end up in the plant. 2 or 3 hours if you have made the missions of the Red Forest and Agropom and can move to Limanks. Try to finish the game, if you have not had major bugs yet, it may not appear.

Technoholic
12-24-08, 11:26 AM
Well, appears I have to play from the start all over again. :(

I had to go to talk to mercenaries to go to the army warehouse where they have the powerful transmitter to help the people stuck inside space anomaly.

Whenever I get to the mercenary, I talk to him and one click on my sentence, the game crashes.

Jonelo
12-24-08, 11:33 AM
Wait a bit

Jonelo
12-24-08, 11:47 AM
Is probably this bug. Put those files in gamedata - or create "gamedata" folder if not exist . This is for the russian version with the first patch , the equivalent to your version - 1.5001 international

Expression : m_available_count
Function : CID_Generator<unsigned>::tfGetID
File : e:\priquel\sources\engine\xrgame\id_generator.h
Line : 92
Description : Not enough IDs

My game is patched and I have the translation. I have no clue what could be causing this that I could fix because it seems the engine just ran out of ids.
---END QUOTATION---

That's a known bug caused by the never ending spawning of massive amounts of ammo in the crates around every base and camp.all that ammo eats up all the object ID's if left unchecked

this fix forcefully removes the excess surplus of ammo and only leaves a set minium amount left in them every time you save thus freeing up ID's needed.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8zavc

add the gamedata folder to your main CS install and if you have not already done so set the fsgametx up to use the gamedata. every time you save from then on in will free up the ammo caches and prevent the game from running out of ID's

I forget right now who the author of the fix is.Found it on a Russian forum.

Technoholic
12-24-08, 12:03 PM
So where do I put the gamedata folder in the install? Under the shared folder where the saved game is? Under just where I installed my game? Or under resources?

I plainly put the gamedata folder in where the game is, not the share folder. It did not solve the problem.

Jonelo
12-24-08, 12:58 PM
Gamedata is in "Program Files\Deep Silver\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky " . But if you dont have any mod, the folder not exist . Create the folder , and put "scripts" into the folder from the unofficial patch .

The adress will be finally

D:\Program Files\Deep Silver\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky\gamedata\scripts

After, go to change in the fxgame file this line

$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

to

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

fxgame is in the folder of the game

You have a log in - this is in Vista -

C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-STCS\logs

in the end of the log , see you if appears this

Expression : m_available_count
Function : CID_Generator<unsigned>::tfGetID
File : e:\priquel\sources\engine\xrgame\id_generator.h
Line : 92
Description : Not enough IDs.

Is the bug fixed in this unofficial patch

Technoholic
12-24-08, 02:25 PM
The log is not showing the same what you expect me to have. Obviously the fix will not fix the problem I have?

Technoholic
12-24-08, 02:42 PM
This is what I got in the end of the log.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\priquel\sources\gold\xrServerEntities\script_en gine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ....t.a.l.k.e.r. - clear sky\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:973: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)

I tried googling, and I don't think there's any fix. I'll have to just go ahead and update. :(

Jonelo
12-24-08, 03:54 PM
It is not the same problem :(. It is not the same problem. You can try looking for some unofficial patch because there are some made by russians modders . Or savegames for this version