PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik: anyone got a good .cfg file?

methimpikehoses
12-28-08, 10:34 AM
I've tweaked the original a bit to make this look good, but surely someone out there has a cfg that makes this game look great.

Pretty fun to be able to fly and SHOOT things... *cough FSX cough*

ATi
12-30-08, 11:38 AM
is this game fun?:o does it have widescreen?

methimpikehoses
12-30-08, 12:43 PM
It's ****ing hard. And I have yet to get widescreen to work, but maybe there's a cfg out there...

bob saget
12-30-08, 03:01 PM
what is this game?

bob saget
12-30-08, 03:02 PM
oooooohhhhh airplane game, i see.......

fugu_fish
12-31-08, 06:05 AM
Try this:

IL2 conf.ini (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=5)

I have it running @ 1900X1200. Looks great. The opening screen and menu will be 4:3 but the game will run in widescreen.

ATi
12-31-08, 08:20 AM
screen shot in widescreen please:o im thinking of buying it

methimpikehoses
12-31-08, 10:17 AM
Try this:

IL2 conf.ini (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=5)

I have it running @ 1900X1200. Looks great. The opening screen and menu will be 4:3 but the game will run in widescreen.

Thanks, I will try it tonight!

Scendore
12-31-08, 01:19 PM
is this game fun?:o does it have widescreen?

Yes

Scendore
12-31-08, 01:20 PM
I've tweaked the original a bit to make this look good, but surely someone out there has a cfg that makes this game look great.

Pretty fun to be able to fly and SHOOT things... *cough FSX cough*

Are you talking about the Original IL2 or are you talking about Forgotten Battles and the 4 other addons?

Scendore
12-31-08, 01:24 PM
screen shot in widescreen please:o im thinking of buying it

I highly encourage anyone that is remotely interested in a Combat Flight Sim in the WWII genre to pick up this game.

It's a very rewarding game.

I highly recommend picking up IL21946 which has all the addons and patch it to 4.08 which will give you some sick number of flyable planes and you can participate online with all the active servers. I've seen it go for 9 bucks or something.

Don't use the in game server software from UBI as there aren't a lot of guys that use that service anymore. Use Hyperlobby.

If you want to see some ingame footage look on youtube there are like a zillion online movies guys have made.

ATi
12-31-08, 01:32 PM
got it:)

where do i put the cfg file for it? i got it on steam

methimpikehoses
12-31-08, 01:44 PM
Are you talking about the Original IL2 or are you talking about Forgotten Battles and the 4 other addons?

I think it's all the addons too... I got it off steam.

@ ATi: the cfg file is in your steam app folder that has IL2.

Scendore
12-31-08, 06:57 PM
Just looked on Steam... You have IL21946 which has everything you need. Make sure you patch to 4.08m and you should be all set.

jcrox
12-31-08, 07:31 PM
I think I may have to grab this game quick :bleh:

ATi
12-31-08, 07:56 PM
thanks for the info i like this game!

Scendore
01-01-09, 01:13 PM
Keep at it. It will take some time to get good. I suggest limiting your planes that you fly in the beginning and ask guys how to fly it to it's strengths.

This is one of the first sims were you have to use real world tactics and strengths of your plane to beat the bad guy while he's trying to do the same to you.

Play with the AI for a while then step up to online and be prepaired for a whole new world.

goingballistic
01-24-09, 08:20 PM
Be patient.

New here, I just found IL2 Sturmovik, Gold Pack yesterday by accident in a store and bought it. On the way home, I said to my wife......Jezzz, I hope this is Vista compatible. Well it loaded but won't run. Some say it'll work, others say nope, I'm not giving up hope........yet!

Splash screen comes up, loaded everything as Admin. Running Vista 64 Home edition, have tried everything that I can "find" on the net and came across this thread.

Obviously some of you have this running under Vista 64. Any ideas what I need to do?

I'm running a GEo force GTX260 and a dual core. I run FSX just fine and Aces High II but can't get this to run. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jcrox
01-24-09, 08:21 PM
Right click on the .exe and change compatibility to XP??

weevil
01-25-09, 07:15 AM
Can be fiddly GB

Call in at SimHQ's forum for more help on this install/run problem

gamecopyworld has the no-cd which is not condemned by the publisher, it fixes a known install problem for genuine purchasers

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=86&page=1

Search button top right, search on 'install problem' etc, tons of help threads for this common problem (Securom problem which goes away)

The sim runs fine under Vista x64 - after some work :)

Peter