PDA

View Full Version : Racing sims?

Pages : [1] 2

ATOJAR
12-28-08, 02:56 PM
Im looking for some good racing sims to play with my steering wheel, what racing sims have you played and whats the best for realism? ... up to now ive played ToCA Race Drive 3, Race Driver GRID & GTR Evolution.

Whats the best racing sim of all in your opinion?

ATOJAR
12-28-08, 05:00 PM
Do both of those games have subscription fees?

How do they compare to ToCA 3 for realism?

Noriega
12-28-08, 05:11 PM
Do both of those games have subscription fees?

How do they compare to ToCA 3 for realism?

Toca 3 is not a sim :headexplode:

Better tell us what are you expecting but I think most of it you can find in rFactor.

ATOJAR
12-28-08, 05:40 PM
Better tell us what are you expecting but I think most of it you can find in rFactor.

Im just after a good, releastic as possible racing sim.

ATOJAR
12-28-08, 07:29 PM
May give LFS a try.

Out of ToCA 3 & GTR Evolution what would you say is the most realistic of the two?

My mate says toca 3 but i reckon GTR Evo seems a better driving experience of the two, more reaslstic.

nekrosoft13
12-28-08, 07:33 PM
GTR is a SIM

Noriega
12-28-08, 07:54 PM
Im just after a good, releastic as possible racing sim.

Hmm rFacor is cheap and witout donation. You can search some mods here http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

But graphic is rather poor.

GTR Evolution is good but even better with mods
http://www.nogripracing.com/

I hear iRacing is amaizing but I didn't try it so I can't tell nothing.

I must say that I also really enjoyed GT Legend even in single player.

Only iRacing have subscription (IMHO quite big) and that's the reason why we're not playing it now :P

slivski
12-28-08, 08:14 PM
+1 life for speed
has free demo version

sMull
12-28-08, 09:11 PM
May give LFS a try.

Out of ToCA 3 & GTR Evolution what would you say is the most realistic of the two?

My mate says toca 3 but i reckon GTR Evo seems a better driving experience of the two, more reaslstic.
Toca 3 is not a simulation, it's more of an arcade game like GRID or DIRT. GTR Evo is a full blown sim however. Tell your mate he's wrong.

Shamrock
12-28-08, 10:25 PM
rFactor. I am currently enjoying Cart/Champcar world series :D

ATOJAR
12-29-08, 01:30 AM
GTR Evolution is good but even better with mods
http://www.nogripracing.com/

Thanks for that, looks good. :D

Can these mods be used online/multiplayer?

ATOJAR
12-29-08, 05:22 AM
Lol my mate wont have it! .... he still says toca 3 is a better, more realistic game!

sMull
12-29-08, 10:35 AM
Toca3 is as arcade as it gets. He must know little about cars in that case.

nekrosoft13
12-29-08, 10:41 AM
Lol my mate wont have it! .... he still says toca 3 is a better, more realistic game!

yeah, your "mate" is quite wrong. he might consider TOCA3 a sim, if he played NFS (except NFS PU) all his life.

LurkerLito
12-29-08, 10:49 AM
Get GTR2 it's one of the best sims IMO. You can order it for like $20 from BestBuy online. There are tons of Mods for it at the nogrip site listed above. You might also want to get GTR Evolution, which is like an slight upgrade/downgrade to GTR2. It feels better with the G25 Wheel, but they took out some stuff like night driving :(. But to me it was worth the purchase because it has a great nurenburg track on it, but you can get a good nurenburg track for GTR2 also.

I never tried iracing cause it has a monthly fee and I don't race that much to justify a monthly fee. rFactor I played with the demo that came with the G25 wheel, but I prefer GTR2 or Evo over it.

sMull
12-29-08, 11:16 AM
GTR Evo is an expansion pack for Race07, it's not the "next" GTR in the series. That will come later i think.

ATOJAR
12-29-08, 11:32 AM
You might also want to get GTR Evolution

Got that, Ive got GTR Evolution, Race Driver GRID & ToCA 3.(probs gonna buy Live for Speed, a LFS S2 Licence)

Much prefere GTR Evolution of the three i own so far.

JohnDio
12-29-08, 04:14 PM
If you are a fan of rally sims then you must get Richard Burns Rally. The best rally sim ever :)

Koko56
12-29-08, 07:14 PM
Toca 3 is not a simulation, it's more of an arcade game like GRID or DIRT. GTR Evo is a full blown sim however. Tell your mate he's wrong.
GTR Evo... a full blown sim. :o

At least I would not say that. Feels too "dry" I guess.

Toca3 is as arcade as it gets. He must know little about cars in that case.Toca 3 ain't that "arcady"... there is always games like NFS:U 'n stuff.

yeah, your "mate" is quite wrong. he might consider TOCA3 a sim, if he played NFS (except NFS PU) all his life.
Sounds like a good reason.
If you are a fan of rally sims then you must get Richard Burns Rally. The best rally sim ever :)
+1 RBR is awesome.

Don't know about realism, but for overall "like" I would recommend GTR 2. Just in SP though. :p

sMull
12-29-08, 08:34 PM
FarCry2 felt too "digital", Race07 feels too "dry" to you...

http://www.timvw.com/whooohooo/wtf_words_not_enough.jpg

Koko56
12-29-08, 09:49 PM
I guess it is down to personal interpretation. :p

ATOJAR
12-30-08, 04:24 AM
Well last night i was playing GTR Evo for 3 hours+ ..... i decided to get a game of toca 3 going online with some mates ...... man toca 3 seems real easy after playing GTR Evo lol, the DTM Touring cars just drift around the corners like they are on ice, made me realise just how unrealistic it actually is, yeah loads of fun ..... If i want a serious, realistic & challenging race i play GTR Evo ... if i want a pure fun i play toca 3 !

Moving to Live for Speed next. :)

Delbert
12-30-08, 06:26 AM
Moving to Live for Speed next. :)

Probably won't find this one as easy.... been a fan of this since it first came out.
Really sensitive to minor set up changes.
The key is to get the tyre temps/wear correct (press F9 to view)... and avoid the dirt ( unless doing motorcross ).
Good luck, and please let us know what you think.

ATOJAR
12-30-08, 02:27 PM
Ok, just bought the S2 ALPHA - FULL VERSION Z of Live for Speed!

Got a problem! ... im trying to configure my steeing wheel, its a Logitech Formula Force EX ... ive configured the buttons/steering ok BUT for some reason i cant configure my throttle/brake pedals to work? nothing happens when i try to remap them! .. the game knows they are there becasue when i go into the AXES/FF of the controls tab and press my throttle/brake the axes bars move up and down ans they should when i press down the throttle/brake!

Anybody got any ideas what im going wrong? ... what can i try? .. How do i remap the throttle/break pedals?

EDIT: Never mind, done it .. sorry!

sMull
12-30-08, 09:48 PM
Nice, LFS is an awesome sim. Let your knowledgeable mate play it for a bit and see if he changes his mind :P