PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Beta leaked

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Zelda_fan
01-04-09, 04:54 PM
I've got an Intel motherboard, so everything on it is pretty much industry standard.

Toss3
01-04-09, 05:32 PM
Huh? I didnt install them with Admin rights. I have no problems.

Well, I couldn't run any games due to not having installed the drivers with admin rights, so I guess you're just lucky. :) I also couldn't update any of my mobo drivers(had to create a shortcut and install with admin rights and vista compatibility).

Despotes
01-04-09, 07:05 PM
Installed 7 no problem except the new Creative drivers installed only with compatibility mode and the Creative console refused to install after 4 tries.
FarCry is being a pain with Securom. So I couldn't play it. I'll try COD4 tomorrow.
The 30 day authentication magically disappeared.

mailman2
01-04-09, 07:47 PM
Installed 7 no problem except the new Creative drivers installed only with compatibility mode and the Creative console refused to install after 4 tries.
FarCry is being a pain with Securom. So I couldn't play it. I'll try COD4 tomorrow.
The 30 day authentication magically disappeared.

Securom wouldnt run in 6956, works fine for me in 7000. COD4 works fine too for me. COD WAW, GTA IV and L4D (and COD4, FC2) are all the games I've tested and working!

Sgt_Pitt
01-05-09, 08:14 AM
Don't bother with x32, because x64 will be out in a few days/weeks

mailman2
01-05-09, 09:00 AM
Don't bother with x32, because x64 will be out in a few days/weeks

meh, I'm done with the x64 thing until something is actually faster in it. This runs wonderfully, no need to put off getting away from Vista. Do it now.

Bearclaw
01-05-09, 09:02 AM
meh, I'm done with the x64 thing until something is actually faster in it. This runs wonderfully, no need to put off getting away from Vista. Do it now.

Ya. Damn, vista was such a flop. :headexplode:

Revs
01-05-09, 09:11 AM
How are you W7b users finding HD to HD file transfer speeds? Any improvement over Vista?

Also are there any problems getting AV programs to work or is it all running fine?

mailman2
01-05-09, 09:14 AM
How are you W7b users finding HD to HD file transfer speeds? Any improvement over Vista?

Ive been using SP2 beta which pretty much has fixed the transfer speeds. I dont find it any slower. I havent clocked it but you dont get 5 mins of calculating before it actually does something like Vista did. Everything I've done in this OS is faster than XP. In fact Windows 7 7000 is the only OS I have installed right now.

There are a few bugs, with UAC disabled the gadgets won't load. Leaving it to the lowest level fixes this. However with UAC enabled every boot up EVGA Precision gives me a warning. To get around that just go into the app evgaprecisionwrapper.exe and right click, set to always run as admin - so now I run the lowest UCA, gadgets work and I dont get notifications on every boot. Its a work around but it works effectively.

Another issue is when installing GTA IV you get an error on the C++ SP1 installation. However if you go in and install it before the installation from the stand alone file in the 'files' directory on the DVD it will install fine and you wont get an error from the installation of GTA IV. Another small problem with GTA IV is when installing the GTAIV.exe (second part of install after RSGC) you must use compatibility for XP SP2.

These have been present since 6801 so I've always found work arounds that work. Still this OS is so fast it's worth some of these little nuances.

Revs
01-05-09, 10:25 AM
^ Cheers

Bearclaw
01-05-09, 10:42 AM
Sounds good. So is this actually SP2?

zoomy942
01-05-09, 11:05 AM
i have my tablet all setup now. Office is installed, windows messenger and a few other things.

i am actually liking it so far, which is high praise from a guy whose avatar is what it is.

mailman2
01-05-09, 11:37 AM
Sounds good. So is this actually SP2?

No I meant I've been running Vists SP2 which has been paralleled with W7 development which is why you see Vista using less resources, memory, etc.

Bearclaw
01-05-09, 11:47 AM
No I meant I've been running Vists SP2 which has been paralleled with W7 development which is why you see Vista using less resources, memory, etc.

Ah, got it. ;)

sytaylor
01-05-09, 02:06 PM
It can be time for a new windows already can it?

Revs
01-05-09, 02:23 PM
It can be time for a new windows already can it?

Apparently so, although I'm hoping Vista SP2 will be good enough for me to not need 7.

grey_1
01-05-09, 03:37 PM
Apparently so, although I'm hoping Vista SP2 will be good enough for me to not need 7.

Same here. Only way I'll buy 7 is if I move my 64bit vista to the wifes 'puter...hmm, not a bad idea...

crainger
01-05-09, 04:15 PM

I'm using SP2 now and it's not that much different. If 7 is as good as everyone says, well probably ALL be moving...

mailman2
01-05-09, 04:33 PM
I'm using SP2 now and it's not that much different. If 7 is as good as everyone says, well probably ALL be moving...

Everyone will be moving. Trust me :)

zoomy942
01-05-09, 05:14 PM

it is really something else. IE8 needs some work for sure, but overall its been a very nice environment to work in so far.

Bearclaw
01-05-09, 05:20 PM
it is really something else. IE8 needs some work for sure, but overall its been a very nice environment to work in so far.

Zooms, seriously? IE sucks. There's your problem... :lol:

SLippe
01-05-09, 05:23 PM
I have build 6801 installed. Can I uninstall it somehow to put build 7000 on or how would I go about doing that?

Bman212121
01-05-09, 06:07 PM

Wow, compliments from the Linux user. :wonder:

@FAILCLAW: IE7 FTW, NUB!

thor1182
01-05-09, 06:41 PM
Wow, compliments from the Linux user. :wonder:

@FAILCLAW: IE7 FTW, NUB!

IE is full of fail, regardless of version... Firefox FTW.

Unless you have to use some atcive x quick books time tracker for work and have to open IE7

mailman2
01-05-09, 08:26 PM
I have build 6801 installed. Can I uninstall it somehow to put build 7000 on or how would I go about doing that?

Just pop in the 7000 DVD, reboot, wipe out the drive and install 7000 ;)

Make sure you revoked all keys for securom games first!