PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Beta leaked

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Shamrock
01-05-09, 10:46 PM
Everyone will be moving. Trust me :)

If it's THAT good, I nominate "mailman" be true to his name, and send us all a copy :p

SLippe
01-06-09, 12:40 AM
Just pop in the 7000 DVD, reboot, wipe out the drive and install 7000 ;)

Make sure you revoked all keys for securom games first!

I've thought about making it my only OS, but I can't find a 64bit version of 7000. What do you mean by "revoked all keys for securom games"?

Sgt_Pitt
01-06-09, 02:54 AM
IE is full of fail, regardless of version... Firefox FTW.

Unless you have to use some atcive x quick books time tracker for work and have to open IE7

Google chrome ftw

C'mon someone release build 7000 x64 plzzzz

nekrosoft13
01-06-09, 07:20 AM
I've thought about making it my only OS, but I can't find a 64bit version of 7000. What do you mean by "revoked all keys for securom games"?

certains games for example mass effect, spore, farcry2 have activation limit, if you don't revoke the license before installing new OS you will loose your one activation.

mailman2
01-06-09, 08:26 AM
certains games for example mass effect, spore, farcry2 have activation limit, if you don't revoke the license before installing new OS you will loose your one activation.

Yup. GTA IV, FC2 are the two I have to uninstall or at least revoke before I change OSes so I dont lose an activation. Was just a friendly reminder is all ;)

mailman2
01-06-09, 08:27 AM

7000 x64 hasnt leaked. last 64 bit version was 6801 I believe.

zoomy942
01-06-09, 10:07 AM
Google chrome ftw

C'mon someone release build 7000 x64 plzzzz

i got google chrome installed in build 7000 but adobe flash wouldnt install.

mailman2
01-06-09, 12:04 PM
i got google chrome installed in build 7000 but adobe flash wouldnt install.

Sure it does. You cant have the browser running when you do it.

mailman2
01-06-09, 12:06 PM
If it's THAT good, I nominate "mailman" be true to his name, and send us all a copy :p

Lmao Shamrock. Hey, my copy came from the same place all your games came from ;)

:D

zoomy942
01-06-09, 01:12 PM
Sure it does. You cant have the browser running when you do it.

you sure?

Toss3
01-06-09, 02:03 PM
you sure?

He's right(but install flash 9 instead of 10, as chrome seems to have some issues with the latest version).

Despotes
01-06-09, 03:13 PM
To revoke a game is to merely uninstall it?

Separate program?

zoomy942
01-06-09, 03:15 PM
the only thing about using chrome is that tab preview feature doesnt work anymore.

mailman2
01-06-09, 04:02 PM
you sure?

Positive. I have flash installed in my chrome.

mailman2
01-06-09, 04:02 PM
To revoke a game is to merely uninstall it?

Separate program?

GTA IV actually has a revoke app in the folder. Or in Vista / W7 just right click in the games folder and you can just revoke the key without uninstalling the whole thing. Far Cry 2 needs to be uninstalled to revoke.

Koko56
01-06-09, 05:11 PM
So... where do you get it?

thor1182
01-06-09, 05:15 PM

torrents

Probably the best way to get a hold an iso anyways.

Koko56
01-06-09, 05:37 PM
torrents

Probably the best way to get a hold an iso anyways.

I've just got my Vista install severely messed up, so the 320GB HD on which it was before is now empty.

Oh ****! I have not got any DVDs. :o

thor1182
01-06-09, 05:41 PM
I've just got my Vista install severely messed up, so the 320GB HD on which it was before is now empty.

oh noes! You must fix that problem stat!

Koko56
01-06-09, 05:43 PM
oh noes! You must fix that problem stat!

Stat?

Zelda_fan
01-06-09, 05:44 PM

I got it from the Microsoft Developers Program :D

Defiantly NOT from the following illegal torrent link (http://www.mininova.org/search/windows+7/seeds)

Defiantly don't get it from there. You may get a virus or worse.

zoomy942
01-06-09, 05:56 PM
zelda. you.are.hilarious.

thor1182
01-06-09, 06:00 PM
Stat?

Howard Marner: Crosby, we're going to have to ask you to surrender the robot.
Newton Crosby: Stat?
Howard Marner: Stat!
Newton Crosby: What does that mean, anyway?
Howard Marner: I don't know. But that's not the point.

:bleh:

Toss3
01-06-09, 06:00 PM

You don't need any dvds to install windows 7! :) Here's how you do it:

Install a virtual CD/DVD drive on existing Windows operating system.

Mount the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD ISO image using the virtual drive.

Copy all files inside the virtual CD/DVD drive mounted with the ISO into any folder on any partition or hard disk drive not going to be used to install the Windows OS. For example, copy into E:\Windows7.

Copy the bootmgr and boot folders nested inside the copied folder (i.e. \Windows7) to root directory of system boot drive, typically C:\.

Note: For Windows Vista, users may need to use this step: Copy the bootmgr folder from E:\Windows7 to C:\ root directory, copy E:\Windows7\boot\boot.sdi file to same folder in C:\boot folder, and then copy bootsect.exe from the E:\Windows7\boot\ folder to C:\ drive.

Note: boot folder in system boot drive is hidden system folder.

Create a new folder named sources under the C:\ root folder.

Copy the boot.win file inside \Windows7\sources folder to the source folder created in the
system boot drive, normally C:\.

Open a command prompt as administrator.

Run the following command (change the C to your drive path letter if applicable):
C:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:

For Windows Vista users who copied bootsect.exe to C:\ root folder, use the following command instead:

C:\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
A successful message is the command completes successfully.

Change the name or label of the boot system partition local disk to BDCP or any name you prefer that easier to remember and type (in DOS command promot, use label command).

Restart the computer.

After booting up, the system will start the corresponding Windows installation process.

Select the applicable language to install, time and currency format (regional settings locale) and keyboard or input method in the installation wizard dialog.

On the next screen, user will be presented with option to Install Windows. DO NOT press on Install Windows button, instead, click on Repair My Computer link on the bottom left corner.

In the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) System Recovery Options dialog window, click on Command Prompt to open a DOS Prompt window.

Run the format command to format the primary hard disk or partition to clean state:
format c: /q

Note: /q switch, which perform quick format can be omitted to full format. And if existing hard disk partition is of FAT32 filesystem format, use format c: /q /fs:ntfs to convert the file system to NTFS while formatting. Before formatting begins, the command may prompt for hard disk drive or partition label name, if so, enter accordingly (i.e. BDCP).

After format completed, start the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation process again by manually running the setup.exe located in the copied. Note that the setup.exe is not the one located on boot system drive which copied at later step, as the boot drive has been formatted. For example:
E:\Windows7\sources\setup.exe

Continue with installation procedures by following on-screen instructions as per normal practice.

Taken from Mydigitallife (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/24/how-to-install-windows-7-or-windows-vista-on-physical-machine-without-dvd-media/)

JasonPC
01-06-09, 06:08 PM
Looks much easier than burning a DVD :p