PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Beta leaked

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Koko56
01-06-09, 05:10 PM
:bleh:
lawl
I got it from the Microsoft Developers Program :D

Defiantly NOT from the following illegal torrent link (http://www.mininova.org/search/windows+7/seeds)

Defiantly don't get it from there. You may get a virus or worse.
Oh ya. Fo shua
You don't need any dvds to install windows 7! :) Here's how you do it:

Install a virtual CD/DVD drive on existing Windows operating system.

Mount the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD ISO image using the virtual drive.

Copy all files inside the virtual CD/DVD drive mounted with the ISO into any folder on any partition or hard disk drive not going to be used to install the Windows OS. For example, copy into E:\Windows7.

Copy the bootmgr and boot folders nested inside the copied folder (i.e. \Windows7) to root directory of system boot drive, typically C:\.

Note: For Windows Vista, users may need to use this step: Copy the bootmgr folder from E:\Windows7 to C:\ root directory, copy E:\Windows7\boot\boot.sdi file to same folder in C:\boot folder, and then copy bootsect.exe from the E:\Windows7\boot\ folder to C:\ drive.

Note: boot folder in system boot drive is hidden system folder.

Create a new folder named sources under the C:\ root folder.

Copy the boot.win file inside \Windows7\sources folder to the source folder created in the
system boot drive, normally C:\.

Open a command prompt as administrator.

Run the following command (change the C to your drive path letter if applicable):
C:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:

For Windows Vista users who copied bootsect.exe to C:\ root folder, use the following command instead:

C:\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
A successful message is the command completes successfully.

Change the name or label of the boot system partition local disk to BDCP or any name you prefer that easier to remember and type (in DOS command promot, use label command).

Restart the computer.

After booting up, the system will start the corresponding Windows installation process.

Select the applicable language to install, time and currency format (regional settings locale) and keyboard or input method in the installation wizard dialog.

On the next screen, user will be presented with option to Install Windows. DO NOT press on Install Windows button, instead, click on Repair My Computer link on the bottom left corner.

In the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) System Recovery Options dialog window, click on Command Prompt to open a DOS Prompt window.

Run the format command to format the primary hard disk or partition to clean state:
format c: /q

Note: /q switch, which perform quick format can be omitted to full format. And if existing hard disk partition is of FAT32 filesystem format, use format c: /q /fs:ntfs to convert the file system to NTFS while formatting. Before formatting begins, the command may prompt for hard disk drive or partition label name, if so, enter accordingly (i.e. BDCP).

After format completed, start the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation process again by manually running the setup.exe located in the copied. Note that the setup.exe is not the one located on boot system drive which copied at later step, as the boot drive has been formatted. For example:
E:\Windows7\sources\setup.exe

Continue with installation procedures by following on-screen instructions as per normal practice.

Taken from Mydigitallife (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/24/how-to-install-windows-7-or-windows-vista-on-physical-machine-without-dvd-media/)
tl;dr

Though I might have to. :o

Sgt_Pitt
01-06-09, 05:30 PM
x64 plzzz

mailman2
01-06-09, 05:49 PM
x64 plzzz

x64 did not leak!! Stop asking lol.

Toss3
01-06-09, 05:56 PM
lawl

Oh ya. Fo shua

tl;dr

Though I might have to. :o

It looks much harder than it really is.. :) And it's much faster too(if you don't take the time spent setting it all up into account :bleh:)! Install in itself shouldn't take more than 5 minutes! :)

Toss3
01-06-09, 05:57 PM

But no x64? :(

Toss3
01-06-09, 06:16 PM
If you have a USB-flash drive laying round you can also use that to install windows 7 :)

Guide:

#) Mount the windows 7 iso image with daemon tools

#) Run diskmgmt.msc and see which disk number is your USB Flash Drive (say it's disk 1)

#) Run cmd and type :
1) diskpart
2) select disk 1
3) clean
4) create partition primary
5) select partition 1
6) active
7) format fs=fat32
8) assign
9) exit

#) Type xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f g:\
supposing d: is the virtual drive letter and g: is the USB Flash Drive letter

Now restart and boot from the USB Flash Drive

Koko56
01-06-09, 06:39 PM
2GB is the biggest I have.

WOOP! Just formatted a DVD with Vista! :p

Hmmmmm - I've burned the ISO, yet it was not recognized in either XP or Vista. Doin' it again.

Sgt_Pitt
01-06-09, 07:54 PM

pwetty pwease :)

Nah don't worry as soon as its released ill post here, my eyes are like eagle vision scouring the net for it :P

Koko56
01-06-09, 07:56 PM
Well.... does not seem to see the ISO file. Tried burn it from the laptop with Vista but I failed to connect the XP desktop ad the Vista laptop. :/

Shamrock
01-06-09, 09:39 PM
Lmao Shamrock. Hey, my copy came from the same place all your games came from ;)

:D

You got it from Wal-mart? I couldn't (lee) if I wanted to! Dialup baby! FTW! (nana2) :(

I couldn't DL Win7, the official release would be out before I was done (it's 2.44GB!)

Shamrock
01-06-09, 09:40 PM
nope - would be impossible. :) You could use the extra GB for a ram disk though!

It recognized wysiwyg's 4GB!?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1894857&postcount=48

it installed perfectly over vista leaving xp alone still

i like what i see so far on the quick go, so silky smooth and quick

much better task bar with themes as i usually use windowblinds

installed very quickly too also nice that a 32bit OS recognises i have 4GB

this is with version 7000 3 days limit

crainger
01-06-09, 11:35 PM
::lol::

Toss3
01-07-09, 01:08 AM

The OS recognizes 4GB, but you can use only a bit above 3GB(could be that it lists 4GB until you play a game or something).

ASUSEN7900GTX
01-07-09, 03:18 AM
well i´d like a 64bit verison as well but mainly swedish language for the rest of me family.

so anyone know if games for xp work in this like kids games and such?

also will windows 7 have DX11 as it hits retail?

Toss3
01-07-09, 05:31 AM
well i´d like a 64bit verison as well but mainly swedish language for the rest of me family.

so anyone know if games for xp work in this like kids games and such?

Won't know until you try - very game specific(du kan ju först installera en virtuell version med VMware för att testa om spelen fungerar eller ej så slipper du formatera) ;)

also will windows 7 have DX11 as it hits retail?

DX11 won't come bundled with Windows 7 - should be added through a service pack later on though(vista should have dx11 as well).

nekrosoft13
01-07-09, 06:15 AM

it was a trick introduced in Vista SP1, since OEMs started shipping PCs with 32bit OS and 4GB ram, people started complaining of "missing" memory.

this trick was introduced to fool people into thinking that all memory is recognized it is only cosmetic, PC knows it is there but it won't be able to use it.

It is all explained in microsoft KB articles, to lazy to look for it now.

JasonPC
01-07-09, 12:18 PM
DX11 won't come bundled with Windows 7 - should be added through a service pack later on though(vista should have dx11 as well).

I thought dxdiag showed dx11 as the version?

Koko56
01-07-09, 01:14 PM
Tried to install it onto a clean HD from a DVD which was finally recognized to have data on it. All I got was this:

...the picture was from the 2nd installation attempt. :o

zoomy942
01-07-09, 01:18 PM
i got that too.

if you happened to DL it from a torren - which im sure you didnt ;) - then you need to DL a different one.

Koko56
01-07-09, 01:35 PM
i got that too.

if you happened to DL it from a torren - which im sure you didnt ;) - then you need to DL a different one.

Yeah, I'll MS to send me another disk... I might have scratched this one by accident. :o

mailman2
01-07-09, 01:47 PM
There was a repack that fixed it. You guys got the first copy that was corrupt. Don't waste any more media. Look for the repack ;)

Koko56
01-07-09, 01:49 PM
DVD-RW

=D

mailman2
01-07-09, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I'll MS to send me another disk... I might have scratched this one by accident. :o

Tell MS you need the *repack* version ;)

zoomy942
01-07-09, 07:20 PM
just be sure to disable the java addon for IE8.

Shamrock
01-07-09, 09:19 PM
Just an update

x64 build 7000 was leaked yesterday! Not gonna tell ya where