PDA

View Full Version : Is nvidia aware FSAA has been

combat_wombat
05-28-03, 03:16 PM
Broken in many games with Geforce 4 cards and detonators since about 41.09. I was playing Dungeon Siege with 4x and noticed a lot of jaggies, so I loaded up the 40.72 drivers and it was like night and day. What's going on here?

Voudoun
05-28-03, 05:48 PM
Don't know if they are but I posted about it here:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=12324

Unlike you though I didn't regain AA when I went back to the 40.72 whql's so I went back to the 30.82 whql's which fixed AA and actually increased performance! I don't intend shifting from them any time soon. They're working great and I don't need the hassle.

Suddenly the Detonators don't look like such great drivers after all.

Voudoun

combat_wombat
05-28-03, 09:56 PM
the 41.09's work fine for me. This kind of pisses me off, nvidia dropping support for my gf4, especially when my ti 4600 overclocked is faster than most of them FX leaf blowers

5150 Joker
05-29-03, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Voudoun
Don't know if they are but I posted about it here:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=12324

Unlike you though I didn't regain AA when I went back to the 40.72 whql's so I went back to the 30.82 whql's which fixed AA and actually increased performance! I don't intend shifting from them any time soon. They're working great and I don't need the hassle.

Suddenly the Detonators don't look like such great drivers after all.

Voudoun

Heh who'd have guessed, nVidia drivers suck? :eek: :D It's funny you mentioned going back to the 30.82's because those are the one's I reverted to after the 40.xx series came out a year ago when I still had my Ti4600. Pretty sad to see nVidia hasn't made any progress since then. On a side note, I'm loving my catalysts :D

Voudoun
05-29-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 5150 Joker
Heh who'd have guessed, nVidia drivers suck? :eek: :D It's funny you mentioned going back to the 30.82's because those are the one's I reverted to after the 40.xx series came out a year ago when I still had my Ti4600. Pretty sad to see nVidia hasn't made any progress since then. On a side note, I'm loving my catalysts :D

Quite a coincidence. I just went back to them on a whim really. Something had to be done so I fired those up and suddenly everything was great again.

I'm keeping an eye on the Radeons/Catalysts. Maybe by the end of the year I'll have joined you in Catalyst heaven. :angel:

Voudoun

digitalwanderer
05-29-03, 01:26 PM
Dang it, now you've got me in a mood to play driver tag!

Gotta go pop the GF4 in Blue and check this out, are you folks talking XP or 98se?

combat_wombat
05-29-03, 03:23 PM
XP. 41.09's cured the problem, but it exists in DX8 games. What is really strange, with the 43.45, 43.51, and 44.03, the performance hit with FSAA was there, but FSAA was not working

Voudoun
05-29-03, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by combat_wombat
XP. 41.09's cured the problem, but it exists in DX8 games. What is really strange, with the 43.45, 43.51, and 44.03, the performance hit with FSAA was there, but FSAA was not working

That's stupid. What the hell is happening there?

I'm using XP Home Mr Wanderer.

Voudoun

digitalwanderer
05-29-03, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Voudoun
I'm using XP Home Mr Wanderer.

I'm using 98se, but I still noticed that going back to the 30.82 driver sets cleared up a few glitch problems the 4x.xx series was giving me. (Cursor appearing during 3d games, 75Hz refresh even though the adapter display said it was 85Hz, etc)

I'm gonna go try out some more games and see how it does.

Voudoun
05-29-03, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I'm using 98se, but I still noticed that going back to the 30.82 driver sets cleared up a few glitch problems the 4x.xx series was giving me. (Cursor appearing during 3d games, 75Hz refresh even though the adapter display said it was 85Hz, etc)

I'm gonna go try out some more games and see how it does.

I think I had that refresh rate problem too. Took 2 programs to make it work. This time round, no problem. Regardless of performance cheats, the 40 series sound increasingly knackered.

Voudoun