PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Coming to PC Rumor Resurfaces

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
12-30-08, 06:01 PM
I knew it!
A few months back a PC version surfaced in a Capcom release list, which was removed/denied shortly thereafter, but a recent preview in the latest issue of GameStar magazine has the PC edition scheduled for summer (July) 2009.

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58573

NaitoSan
12-30-08, 07:04 PM
Actually it's already been confirmed, just that it's not official announced. Capcom has bought Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet to PC, and they're planning to bring Street Fighter IV to PC. No doubt they'll bring Resident Evil 5 to PC too.

Oh, Bionic Commando too.

Noriega
12-30-08, 07:39 PM
More developers like Capcom please!

Toss3
12-30-08, 07:43 PM
Capcom ftw! :)

|MaguS|
12-30-08, 07:49 PM
Actually it's already been confirmed, just that it's not official announced. Capcom has bought Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet to PC, and they're planning to bring Street Fighter IV to PC. No doubt they'll bring Resident Evil 5 to PC too.

Oh, Bionic Commando too.

Yeah considering that its being developed on the same engine as Lost Planet and DMC4, which capcom has stated is designed to be platform nuetral aswell as stating that they will themselves become platform nuetral, I thought it was a given aswell.

Now wheres Condemned 2? :p

six_storm
12-30-08, 08:52 PM
Sweet! Can't wait.

NarcissistZero
12-30-08, 09:02 PM
Honestly I never got into RE4, so I look at this game without much anticipation. It wasn't RE4's horrible PC port either, I had it and did not like it on PS2.

|MaguS|
12-30-08, 10:12 PM
Really the Resident Evil series has been going down hill for me, its all action now with little horror. The first 3 were so great...

SH64
12-30-08, 10:16 PM
Why whats wrong with RE5?? from the videos i've seen it looked pretty decent :confused:

|MaguS|
12-30-08, 10:21 PM
Why whats wrong with RE5?? from the videos i've seen it looked pretty decent :confused:

Theres nothing wrong with it other then it doesn't resemble anything the original titles were like. Theres no real horror element into it, its no longer a survival horror title rather its now just an regular 3rd person shooter.

nutcrackr
12-30-08, 10:27 PM
capcom are the only dev team in the pc gaming alliance that is doing something with their games to help PC, I expect this is probably true.

NarcissistZero
12-30-08, 11:25 PM
Theres nothing wrong with it other then it doesn't resemble anything the original titles were like. Theres no real horror element into it, its no longer a survival horror title rather its now just an regular 3rd person shooter.

Exactly... the first 2 I loved, they were like adventure games with some combat thrown in, and had a great atmosphere and story. Three was almost as good but a little combat heavy... 4 and now 5, from the look of it, are basically shooters.

I like shooters though, so normally I would deal, but the mechanics and controls of 4 did not suit its new shooter gameplay well at all in my opinion... game felt clunky and cumbersome. Maybe 5 is better, I don't know.

jcrox
12-30-08, 11:29 PM
I haven't played an RE game since the 1st one. Maybe I'll do some catching up before this one is released :D

Retrolock
12-31-08, 12:04 AM
I finished RE 1, 2 and 3. Even had an "S" ranking on 2, but I lost interest in 4, even though some gaming mags dubbed that game one of the best evar. Resi5 must be a good PC port before I even think of buying it.

K007
12-31-08, 12:19 AM
Cant wait for SF4 and RE5.

walterman
12-31-08, 04:54 AM
Devil May Cry 4 has been the most optimized game for the PC this year, and by a huge difference.

Can't wait to see more titles from this development team. :)

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0943/DevilMayCry4_DX9_2008-12-26_01-35-35-39.jpg (http://e.imagehost.org/view/0943/DevilMayCry4_DX9_2008-12-26_01-35-35-39)
Btw, i'm still trying to finish the bloody palace :D

ralinn
12-31-08, 07:14 AM
Looking forward to RE5. Loved 1 and 2 but I felt the series needed to do something different as everyone was starting to get bored of the old system. I'm glad they came up with something so unique yet familiar (RE4). A lot of games have followed the over the shoulder gameplay since RE4.

It's a shame that it isn't as scary as the originals, but with old age I wouldn't find it scary now anyway. It's all been done in the earlier games, so I appreciate the new action preference. :)

nutcrackr
12-31-08, 08:02 AM
btw I won't be playing re5 if it doesn't have mouse support though.

Crow_Nest
12-31-08, 11:58 AM
They ported RE4 to PC, so why not RE5? I'd gladly pick the PC version over the 360 version anytime. Unless it turns out to be a lousy port...

JasonPC
12-31-08, 12:17 PM
Whatever happened to Dead Rising for PC? It uses the same game engine as Lost Planet, DMC4 and RE5. Seems like I heard a long time ago it was supposed to be released for PC.

|MaguS|
12-31-08, 01:16 PM
Whatever happened to Dead Rising for PC? It uses the same game engine as Lost Planet, DMC4 and RE5. Seems like I heard a long time ago it was supposed to be released for PC.

Because Dead Rising is old and gone, if they make a sequel that would be the one that would be multiplatform.

JasonPC
12-31-08, 03:45 PM
I don't know. It may be old but supposedly they are porting it to the Wii.

NarcissistZero
12-31-08, 03:54 PM
I don't know. It may be old but supposedly they are porting it to the Wii.

Anything can happen, Lost Planet got ported pretty long after release to the PS3, but I would bet Magus is right and we have to hope for Dead Rising 2.

Honestly though, Dead Rising is the essence of a console game... like a really pretty NES game... you're probably not missing much.

|MaguS|
12-31-08, 04:32 PM
Anything can happen, Lost Planet got ported pretty long after release to the PS3, but I would bet Magus is right and we have to hope for Dead Rising 2.

Honestly though, Dead Rising is the essence of a console game... like a really pretty NES game... you're probably not missing much.

Dam straight!

When it comes to gaming, King Kong Ain't Got Nothin' On Me!

crainger
12-31-08, 04:47 PM
LOL

You're a big fat sad sack |MagNuS|. Please keep your voice down.