PDA

View Full Version : Gametrailers nominates PC for best lineup... PS3 wins

Pages : [1] 2 3

NarcissistZero
12-31-08, 12:28 AM
Not at all a fanboy post, but interesting... Gametrailers released their GotY award video for "best lineup" today...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43916.html

They said some nice things about the PC and I was surprised to even see it nominated on that site. Overall the PS3 won, which I think was silly, but what do I know.

XP_GUN
12-31-08, 12:58 AM
I don’t even care for there awards anymore since last year's best graphics went to Call of Duty 4. They even said they didn’t want to nominate "Crysis" because of them saying that you had to have a crazy high end system to run the thing..... Really dumb!

CaptNKILL
12-31-08, 01:11 AM
I've generally given up on anything that comes from the gaming media.

Its not that they're wrong, they just have completely different tastes and standards than I do and I find it impossible to relate to most review sites... hell, even most other gamers. :p

I used to eagerly await reviews for new games to see if they were any good but these days just about any big budget title will get an 8 or 9 out of 10 and I've been unimpressed with many of the top rated games from the past few years.

It seems like the only games that get less than a 7/10 are the either the obscure ones that no one reads about or the weakest big budget title that is designated "this month's game to rag on" by the media to make the top sellers look more appealing.

/rant :p

Sobbsy
12-31-08, 01:12 AM
I donít even care for there awards anymore since last year's best graphics went to Call of Duty 4. They even said they didnít want to nominate "Crysis" because of them saying that you had to have a crazy high end system to run the thing..... Really dumb!

It's just stupid. What about the games that run bad on their respective consoles (GTA4, for instance), oh well they surely can't include those because they need some kind of super high-end console to run good! :headexplode:

crainger
12-31-08, 01:31 AM
It was a good year for PC and PS3.

NarcissistZero
12-31-08, 01:32 AM
I donít even care for there awards anymore since last year's best graphics went to Call of Duty 4. They even said they didnít want to nominate "Crysis" because of them saying that you had to have a crazy high end system to run the thing..... Really dumb!

They didn't even nominate Crysis last year? I agree design plays a factor, but since CoD4 went for realism as well, and Crysis looks better, that's just crazy.

I thought Crysis Warhead wasn't nominated because it's an expansion... didn't know they ignored the whole series.

MowTin
12-31-08, 01:48 AM
It was a good year for PC and PS3.

It was a great year for PC. The PC versions of so many games were so much better than their console counterparts AND many games were released at nearly the same time.

NarcissistZero
12-31-08, 03:09 AM
It was a great year for PC. The PC versions of so many games were so much better than their console counterparts AND many games were released at nearly the same time.

Yeah, and they actually acknowledge that in the video, which was the main reason I made a thread about it. I was surprised a console-centered site like GT would do that.

Giving the award to the PS3 was mostly based on Metal Gear Solid 4 and LittleBigPlanet, two games I found immensely dissapointing, but I learned long ago my tastes do not match those of most reviewers.

Legendary is a better game than MGS4, in my opinion.:p

SH64
12-31-08, 03:20 AM

Its not that they're wrong, they just have completely different tastes and standards than I do and I find it impossible to relate to most review sites... hell, even most other gamers. :p

I used to eagerly await reviews for new games to see if they were any good but these days just about any big budget title will get an 8 or 9 out of 10 and I've been unimpressed with many of the top rated games from the past few years.

It seems like the only games that get less than a 7/10 are the either the obscure ones that no one reads about or the weakest big budget title that is designated "this month's game to rag on" by the media to make the top sellers look more appealing.

+1

nutcrackr
12-31-08, 04:37 AM
good year for the phantom console, no games below 80% were released.

crainger
12-31-08, 05:47 AM
Get out of here nutcrackr.

Legendary is a better game than MGS4, in my opinion.

Not even I would go THAT far and I think Solid Snake is the gayest character ever! Even more so than that fat plumber and his skinny bum buddy.

No wait. Snake could zoom in on those sweet boobs. Mario is a bigger fag IMHO.

Anyone notice how Wii has very few Game of the Years. Infact has it had any games of the year? Ever?

LOLz I just told you off on Steam. HAHAHAHA LMAO!

NarcissistZero
12-31-08, 05:49 AM
Not even I would go THAT far and I think Solid Snake is the gayest character ever! Even more so than that fat plumber and his skinny bum buddy.

I was pretty stunned at how good the Legendary demo was. I still ain't paying $50 for it, but it was a good little shooter.

MGS4 is a bad Japanese movie.

Noriega
12-31-08, 05:54 AM

+1

Reviews are payed I don't read them anymore.

crainger
12-31-08, 05:56 AM
I was pretty stunned at how good the Legendary demo was. I still ain't paying $50 for it, but it was a good little shooter.

MGS4 is a bad Japanese movie.

Eh. I can't really argue with that. It's true, but I liked it. ::o:

It's my guilty pleasure. Well the legal one that is. ::bleh::

|MaguS|
12-31-08, 07:12 AM
Eh both PC and PS3 did well this year but I have spent more time playing on my PS3 most of the year so they are right on that but You can't overlook at how well the PC platform did after so many "claim" that its dying.

Persona 4 > all of 08

sweetmate
12-31-08, 07:32 AM
I thought the PC and PS3 had lousy years. I bought one PC game this year - Left 4 Dead, I bought 2 PS3 games, MGS4 and LBP, and I bought 7 360 games. I buy Multi platform games on 360 over PS3 because of Live, my friends list and the fact that these games look/run no better on the console that is still almost double the price.

crainger
12-31-08, 08:06 AM
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/images/2007/05/05/icanhascheezburger.jpg

nemecb
12-31-08, 10:17 AM
Anyone notice how Wii has very few Game of the Years. Infact has it had any games of the year? Ever?
Super Mario Galaxy says hi.

NarcissistZero
12-31-08, 10:44 AM
Well the legal one that is. ::bleh::

I don't even want to guess...

Beastiality?

JasonPC
12-31-08, 12:20 PM
PS3 had a really good year, I think it deserved to win. PC was alright but I think it went a little downhill from 2007.

Gametrailers gave Gears of War 2 best graphics of the year :thumbdwn:

They must have a brown and grey fetish. :D

Medion
12-31-08, 12:29 PM
It's just stupid. What about the games that run bad on their respective consoles (GTA4, for instance), oh well they surely can't include those because they need some kind of super high-end console to run good! :headexplode:

Borderline retarded. A "super hig end console" costs between $200-$400. To set it up, you plug one cord into the wall, one into the tv, and turn it on.

A "super high end PC" can cost at minimum $1500 (if you have a specific build in mind, and know what you're doing) and upwards of $6k. Configuring it is easy for most of us, but to the typical teenager, it's a daunting task.

I don't agree with GT's reason for omitting Crysis last year in that category, as "best graphics" shouldn't be dependent on the players' technical knowledge, but your mocking reasoning is borderline retarded.

Destroy
12-31-08, 12:45 PM
Reviews are payed I don't read them anymore.

QFT. Gaming media is truly out of touch with PC gamers.

Toss3
12-31-08, 12:56 PM

ROFL Craing3r iS DRUNK!!! 11 an me too.. :o

ralinn
12-31-08, 01:12 PM
QFT. Gaming media is truly out of touch with PC gamers.

I only really trust Edge. But they're quite the miserable ****s though. :)

nekrosoft13
12-31-08, 01:16 PM

maybe xbox 720 (if it has backwards compability) will play GTA4 well