PDA

View Full Version : Game Gamma?

ProtoStab
05-28-03, 05:34 PM
Is there a way of changing "Game Gamma" with the Gainward FX PowerPack! Pro/660 TV 128MB (Lite). I didn't see any way of doing this with my new card. Most other cards I have had it located under "COLOR", I didn't see that option.

Thanks for any help.

ProtoStab
06-06-03, 06:43 AM
Either nobody has the card, or doesn't won't to bye it because some of the reviews, but for anyone that was interested, I found how to change the Game Gamma. ATI always had theirs under Display Properties, Advanced, and the Color. The FX 5200 doesn't make it that easy. You must install a second program called Expert Tools. There's enough setting to drive you crazy, lol! All in all, it's not a bad card for the money ($72.00 from Pricewatch.com). Seems the only problem I have now is when I try to Alt Tab out of a one of my games to go to a Map Manager. Good oh Blue Screen of Death. Darn Driver! Other than that, it's all good! I hope it may help someone in the future.

Later,
ProtoStab

gstanford
06-06-03, 06:54 AM
If your card is nView capable you will find the gamma correction by going (from the desktop) properties, settings tab, advance d button, "cardname" tab, nview display mode (from the popout list), device settings button, color correction...

If your card does not support nView, you will find the gamma correction by going (from the desktop) properties, settings tab, advance d button, "cardname" tab, color correction from the popout menu.

ProtoStab
06-06-03, 06:58 AM
LOL! I looked and looked and looked, and finally I saw that I didn't install the Expert Tools Program. After that I was able to change it with no problems. I checked the Display Properties and never had any luck. It's all good now. Thanks though.

ProtoStab