PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot's GotY much more enjoyable than GT's

Pages : [1] 2

Gaco
01-03-09, 12:55 PM
Not only do I agree more with Gamespot, I felt much more enlightened and entertained (and I watched ALL of GT's GotY awards), and they catagories was much better chosen also. Much better than GT's GotY feature :)

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/special-achievement/index.html?page=1

I have liked GT more than Gamespot for a long time, though today they were kind of equalized at least :thumbsup:

NarcissistZero
01-03-09, 01:02 PM
I don't really like any review site, but I find I agree with gametrailers more than most. Gamespot has been overly critical of smaller budget games and overly in love with bigger budget games, in my opinion.

Their awards were pretty good this year though, as far as entertainment goes.

methimpikehoses
01-03-09, 01:05 PM
Sins of a Solar Empire won on one of the sites... I was pretty surprised. :)

Can't remember which one... IGN?

edit: yep, well PC GOTY

Koko56
01-04-09, 10:26 PM
Watching it now and it is not bad.

CaptNKILL
01-04-09, 11:06 PM
Fallout 3 beat Left 4 Dead as PC GOTY? :headexplode:

Koko56
01-04-09, 11:45 PM

Did not get that far...

BTW - what are the thought of people here, about Fallout 3?

Mr. Hunt
01-05-09, 12:18 AM

Fallout 3 is definitely better than L4D... not sure about GOTY, but it was way better.

crainger
01-05-09, 01:45 AM
Yeah Fallout 3 is much better than L4D.

I love it some people here switch their allegiance to which ever review site has their fav game on the top...

It's kind of like going to different doctors one after the other until you find one that tell you that you don't have cancer.

bu1basaur
01-05-09, 02:04 AM
hmmm...MGS4 won Best Graphics (Technical) which completely surprised me. I was expecting Warhead to take it uncontested.

CaptNKILL
01-05-09, 02:08 AM
I'd say "It must have been a weak year for the PC if Fallout 3 was the best game of 2008." but as usual I'm in the minority with with my gaming opinions. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, especially with Far Cry 2 nominated for more than one award. :lol:

Koko56
01-05-09, 02:18 AM
FC2... I just don't get. The first minutes of F3 have not been oh-so-good either... oh well.

CaptNKILL
01-05-09, 02:32 AM
FC2... I just don't get. The first minutes of F3 have not been oh-so-good either... oh well.

I borrowed Fallout 3 from a friend and put enough time into it to be irritated by sloppy feeling gameplay (due to the engine), cheesy characters, massive holes in the storyline and setting, odd looking graphics with no shadows and inconsistent performance and of course the general feeling that I was playing Morrowind with a rifle.

Its not a bad game by any means... I enjoyed exploring a few of the areas but it feels like a rushed cash in on the Fallout and Elder Scrolls franchises running on an outdated engine that has had the same problems since 2001.

I guess as long as people keep praising games like this and showering them with GOTY awards then developers will keep pumping them out. I just don't want to hear people complain in 5 years that gaming has gotten stale when Fallout 4 and TES 5 have been released and are basically the same game again. :p

Koko56
01-05-09, 02:47 AM
I might have to agree with you on the "Fallout 3 thoughts".

I've tried FC2, F3 and Bioshock... and they all feel so "artificial" I guess. I might've mentioned this earlier a few days ago somewhere on here, but still. I tried GoW and could not get into that too much either. All the games feel a bit detached from the controls, not quite... "natural". :p

CaptNKILL
01-05-09, 03:37 AM
I might have to agree with you on the "Fallout 3 thoughts".

I've tried FC2, F3 and Bioshock... and they all feel so "artificial" I guess. I might've mentioned this earlier a few days ago somewhere on here, but still. I tried GoW and could not get into that too much either. All the games feel a bit detached from the controls, not quite... "natural". :p

Agreed! I was also not nearly as impressed with Bioshock as most were, though it was a well polished game.

I played Gears of War on 360 once and it didn't do anything for me.

IMO the best games from the past few years have probably been Call of Juarez, Mass Effect, The Orange Box, and Crysis (minus the last level :p). The Witcher is up there too though I still haven't had time to finish it. Its a pretty slow game. STALKER was also great but it had a lot of problems and needed mods and fan made patches to be really enjoyable.

Koko56
01-05-09, 04:16 AM
GTR2... =D

Can't say much for Mass Effect as I don't seem to like RPGs. As for STALKER - I found it astonishing, even with the 20FPS areas on some underground levels (before the many patches). :D

Badboy_12345
01-05-09, 06:48 AM
BTW - what are the thought of people here, about Fallout 3?

Oblivion with guns.. utter boring :thumbdwn:
I dont even know why they called it Fallout 3.. because it isnt fallout at all.

L4D kicks the crap out of "Fallout 3"

I played through fallout 1 and 2 until my eyes started to bleed and I got fallout dreams. Fallout 3 IS NOT FALLOUT in any shape or form. Fallout 3 is like other fallout games like Uwe Boll's movies are to the games they are trying to be

I dont know how anyone can like that ****. And to give it a GOTY? wtf

crainger
01-05-09, 07:23 AM
hmmm...MGS4 won Best Graphics (Technical) which completely surprised me. I was expecting Warhead to take it uncontested.

I think Warhead was brushed aside due to it basically being Crysis (2007) again.

NarcissistZero
01-05-09, 08:11 AM
general feeling that I was playing Morrowind with a rifle.

A dream come true.

hirantha
01-05-09, 01:52 PM
play fun factor wise i think L4D wins... but Fallout 3 has decent fun factor and a story. Story which L4D didnt have.

Koko56
01-05-09, 02:30 PM
play fun factor wise i think L4D wins... but Fallout 3 has decent fun factor and a story. Story which L4D didnt have.

Well, would be a bit strange to expect a story line from an online game I guess...

said53
01-06-09, 05:53 PM
Oblivion with guns.. utter boring :thumbdwn:
I dont even know why they called it Fallout 3.. because it isnt fallout at all.

L4D kicks the crap out of "Fallout 3"

I played through fallout 1 and 2 until my eyes started to bleed and I got fallout dreams. Fallout 3 IS NOT FALLOUT in any shape or form. Fallout 3 is like other fallout games like Uwe Boll's movies are to the games they are trying to be

I dont know how anyone can like that ****. And to give it a GOTY? wtf

100% agree whit you man. I refuse to play it !!! Fallout 1 and 2 are classics I hope one day we would see real Fallout 3 :thumbdwn::(

ViN86
01-06-09, 05:59 PM
no GOW2 anywhere?

Koko56
01-06-09, 06:37 PM
Plenty of GoW2 on GT I think.

ViN86
01-06-09, 06:44 PM
Plenty of GoW2 on GT I think.

yea not one on Gamespy. that's freakin weird.

Koko56
01-06-09, 07:03 PM
Oh well...

GS seems to be legit though. :D