PDA

View Full Version : Tri-SLI and soundcard with ASUS Rampage II?

LabShark
01-04-09, 02:32 PM
Is it possible with this board to to run a soundcard in the top PCI-e slot? I am currently doing that now with my 790i board. I have 3 gtx 280s and an X-Fi PCI-e sound card. Tight fit or just not possible with the Rampage II?

Thanks!

fasedww
01-04-09, 07:27 PM
Is it possible with this board to to run a soundcard in the top PCI-e slot? I am currently doing that now with my 790i board. I have 3 gtx 280s and an X-Fi PCI-e sound card. Tight fit or just not possible with the Rampage II?

Thanks!
yes it is, I did it really easy just bend four little heatsink pins, snap right off. takes abut 30 seconds. heres some pics,
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124187&page=2

LabShark
01-05-09, 07:44 AM
Yeah - I finally ran cross your posts last night. Good work!

How do you like you mobo and CPU?

fasedww
01-05-09, 09:41 AM
Yeah - I finally ran cross your posts last night. Good work!

How do you like you mobo and CPU?
Works great except for cold boot problems now and then. Have too shut power on then off to mobo to get it to post. It's pretty common even the new 805 bios I still have it, there's All kinds of stuff to try to fix it memory timings etc. but nothing works for me and alot of others.:)

LabShark
01-05-09, 09:58 AM
I read about that. Would rubber washers help when the mobo is installed?

fasedww
01-05-09, 10:07 AM
I read about that. Would rubber washers help when the mobo is installed?

Don't know?:)

fasedww
01-17-09, 09:10 PM
Fixed my cold boot issues lowered QPI voltage to 1.30 and dram voltage to 1.62, no more cold boot:D

turboduck
03-31-09, 04:00 PM
Hi fasedww,

I have pretty much the same set up as you... TRI SLI 280's on a rampage 2 extreme with and i7 and i was wondering have you ever had any issues with NVLDDMKM.SYS BSOD's ?

If so how did you stop it ?

Thanks for any help !

TD

fasedww
04-01-09, 02:19 PM
Hi fasedww,

I have pretty much the same set up as you... TRI SLI 280's on a rampage 2 extreme with and i7 and i was wondering have you ever had any issues with NVLDDMKM.SYS BSOD's ?

If so how did you stop it ?

Thanks for any help !

TD
No I have'nt, Wish I could help.:)

Anzial
04-02-09, 09:08 PM
Maybe trying another board might help ;) Just as a test, I don't mean you have to replace your kick-ass boards permanently :D

john19055
04-02-09, 09:36 PM
It looks like you would have to remove part of that heat sink to get it to fit. I don't know why they make them like that .what the use in putting a PCIe there if they don't even give you room for a card to fit.

fasedww
04-03-09, 10:41 AM
It looks like you would have to remove part of that heat sink to get it to fit. I don't know why they make them like that .what the use in putting a PCIe there if they don't even give you room for a card to fit.

It comes with a sound card that fits in there, but the normal xfi, you just break like the first four off of the bottom of the sink,:)really easy snap right off.

fasedww
04-05-09, 11:14 AM
I'm just wondering that will this snapping the heatsink lead to voiding the warranty?

Don't know, but I did it anyways my board runs great though.:)