PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 2, content patches?

Roliath
01-07-09, 02:07 PM
So awhile back I remember reading about Far Cry 2 having patches that would expand the world such as adding more animals (predators).
I didn't hear much about it, and I was only able to find limited information on this.
Click Here to read more (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197605)

Well, does anyone recall hearing about this or has there been any rumors as to when this downloadable content would release?

EDIT: Whoa, I just read on the wiki that DLC was released for the 360/ps3 but no word of this patch on the PC yet! And it was released in Nov! Damn!

NarcissistZero
01-07-09, 06:25 PM
They know we won't pay for it... it will probably be released within a patch at some point.

crainger
01-07-09, 08:29 PM
I'm rather annoyed that devs are doing the console DLC and forgetting PC, seems the only reason to do it is money. Same for Dead Space. I bought both games on PC after hearing they both run and look better on PC, they did, except now I've shelved the games as any DLC probably wont make it to PC, where as on Console the new suits and weapons would have inspired me to play again and keep me posting in threads relating to those games, which in turn generates word of mouth, still the strongest marketing tool out there. A tool you cannot buy, one you have to earn, and DLC earns you that... LOL I have no idea what I'm typing anymore. ::lol:: To hot and humid to edit so I will just post.

Roliath
01-08-09, 02:29 AM
I'm rather annoyed that devs are doing the console DLC and forgetting PC, seems the only reason to do it is money. Same for Dead Space. I bought both games on PC after hearing they both run and look better on PC, they did, except now I've shelved the games as any DLC probably wont make it to PC, where as on Console the new suits and weapons would have inspired me to play again and keep me posting in threads relating to those games, which in turn generates word of mouth, still the strongest marketing tool out there. A tool you cannot buy, one you have to earn, and DLC earns you that... LOL I have no idea what I'm typing anymore. ::lol:: To hot and humid to edit so I will just post.

Its to bad too, if the content is WORTH it and reasonably priced. I'd have no problem, but it makes me a sad panda :(

crainger
01-08-09, 03:14 AM
They've got their taste of overpriced content with the console crowd. LucasArts are charging 9AUD for character packs with Force unleashed. WTF?

nekrosoft13
01-08-09, 06:17 AM
If you find a crowd of idiots, you have to use them to the max. It wouldn't surprise me if some devs leave content out of a game on purpose just to release it later

any word when a patch for Far Cry 2 will be out? patch that turns FC2 into a good game? ;)

lee63
01-08-09, 06:23 AM
any word when a patch for Far Cry 2 will be out? patch that turns FC2 into a good game? ;):rofl

crainger
01-08-09, 06:31 AM
Only mods can do that.

NarcissistZero
01-08-09, 07:11 AM
Ever since I started playing FC2 with a sniper rifle I am in love with the game... not that I am trying to persuade anyone, as that is useless.

ViN86
01-08-09, 07:29 AM
If you find a crowd of idiots, you have to use them to the max. It wouldn't surprise me if some devs leave content out of a game on purpose just to release it later

any word when a patch for Far Cry 2 will be out? patch that turns FC2 into a good game? ;)
tbh, i think they did that with GOW2. the new map pack is pretty small.

the only thing i can figure is they used the same textures.

crainger
01-08-09, 03:22 PM
Ever since I started playing FC2 with a sniper rifle I am in love with the game... not that I am trying to persuade anyone, as that is useless.

I played with a sniper and Desert Eagle. Is definitely the best way to play. I just want a mod that makes checkpoints go for good once cleared. All I ask for, oh and the DLC.

Roliath
01-08-09, 03:30 PM

Which one?
I thought once I got the AS50, I would LOVE sniping. But I like the dragunov (I think?) way better. So it kinda pissed me off.
The Desert eagle wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be either :(

NarcissistZero
01-08-09, 04:27 PM
Which one?
I thought once I got the AS50, I would LOVE sniping. But I like the dragunov (I think?) way better. So it kinda pissed me off.
The Desert eagle wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be either :(

I don't know the names, but the one I am using is in my new screenshots...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5540/fc2tz2.jpg

I'm only using that one because the weapons dealer missions seem to have stopped though, and I haven't unlocked any others higher on the list. I am hoping this is normal and not a bug.

crainger
01-08-09, 08:41 PM
It's normal. Keep playing main mission.

You'll have fun with the 50cal sniper. It's loud though. Best used at night from a long way away.

Lfctony
01-08-09, 10:55 PM
I just want a mod that makes checkpoints go for good once cleared.

Maybe if they do that I will give it another go. Not trying it again unless they remove those...

NarcissistZero
01-08-09, 10:56 PM
I just avoid the checkpoints... works out fine.

crainger
01-08-09, 11:34 PM
I like driving though. Driving through empty checkpoints. ::D: