PDA

View Full Version : WHQL 181.20

Ancient76
01-08-09, 10:02 AM
XP 32: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_181.20_whql_uk.html

XP 64: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp64_181.20_whql_uk.html

newls1
01-08-09, 10:42 AM
im computerless for atleast the next week or 2, however can someone compare this driver to the 185.20 driver in L4D PLEASE! I of course would do this myself, but dont have my GTX260 anymore, as EVGA has it for RMA:( Damn card popped and smoked while playing L4D (go figure!)

**EDIT** Please, if you can test this for me (US) can you do it in XP64 if possible? Thank you

Burnt_Ram
01-08-09, 01:12 PM
im computerless for atleast the next week or 2, however can someone compare this driver to the 185.20 driver in L4D PLEASE! I of course would do this myself, but dont have my GTX260 anymore, as EVGA has it for RMA:( Damn card popped and smoked while playing L4D (go figure!)

**EDIT** Please, if you can test this for me (US) can you do it in XP64 if possible? Thank you
i read elsewhere that L4D still stutters like the rest of the 180 series, but i dont have the game so i cant vouch for that.

sofar the games ive played, run like they do with 185.20, and thats a good thing :)

also available @ http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_181.20_whql.html

JasonPC
01-08-09, 03:18 PM
Any noteworthy additions/fixes?

Burnt_Ram
01-08-09, 03:55 PM
Any noteworthy additions/fixes?there should be a set of release notes at the link i posted. if that helps ya any ;)

walterman
01-09-09, 05:21 PM
Again,

Devil May Cry 4 in DX9 mode is still screwed, and nVidia is claiming a 25% increase in the frame rate with this game, maybe because they are doing nasty things again with the shaders of the game.

MUFC4EVER
01-09-09, 08:25 PM
They seem OK for me.

Played L4D with no probs at all and played another level of FEAR (I'll finish it soon!) and the frame rates were excellent.

Not tried any other games yet but this set seems good.

Using XP 32 Pro FYI.

(nana2)

BioHazZarD
01-10-09, 07:25 AM
Works with no problems here too so far.

newls1
01-10-09, 02:33 PM
can you guys confirm that your clocks go back to "relaxed" speeds in 32D mode please? Thanks

Slippery
01-10-09, 02:56 PM
I can confirm that mine would not. I use Riva Tuner(ver.2.22) to adjust my fan speeds because the card BFG280GTXOC) does indeed adjust the speed, from 40% to 60% but starts too late and the card was reaching high 80's. I also monitor everything using Everest, so that I can see the card's 2d and 3d states as well as GPU VRM. I troubleshot the heck out of the 181.20's, Riva and Everest and only when I went back to the 180.48's did the cards proper 2D state clocks and voltages return. I figured that out about 2 days after the 181.20's were released but did not say anything till now because I was waiting for just one other person (my thanks to you) to post with that same observation so I'd know I wasn't crazy.

newls1
01-10-09, 03:03 PM
I can confirm that mine would not. I use Riva Tuner(ver.2.22) to adjust my fan speeds because the card BFG280GTXOC) does indeed adjust the speed, from 40% to 60% but starts too late and the card was reaching high 80's. I also monitor everything using Everest, so that I can see the card's 2d and 3d states as well as GPU VRM. I troubleshot the heck out of the 181.20's, Riva and Everest and only when I went back to the 180.48's did the cards proper 2D state clocks and voltages return. I figured that out about 2 days after the 181.20's were released but did not say anything till now because I was waiting for just one other person (my thanks to you) to post with that same observation so I'd know I wasn't crazy.

to bad, seemed like a good driver.

SLippe
01-12-09, 02:48 PM
These seems good for me, so far. Only problem I had was when nView was enabled, I keep getting a run32.dll error and then things would start to crash. No problems since I disabled it. CoD4 runs great with my two 9800GTX in SLI.

Xyphus
01-13-09, 01:36 PM
I had problems with this release. When running Sacred 2, the game worked well. Ran pretty smooth, but as soon as I would exit the game, I would get a BSOD. Also, I was unable to get Half Life 2 to run. It would start the loading screen, and then just hang.

I ended up having to roll back to the previous 180 series driver...

Pennyboy
01-15-09, 04:33 AM
They seem OK for me.

Played L4D with no probs at all and played another level of FEAR (I'll finish it soon!) and the frame rates were excellent.

Not tried any other games yet but this set seems good.

Using XP 32 Pro FYI.

(nana2)

Haha good stuff, yeah i rolled back to Windows XP 32bit too last night and I am loving it. Direct X 10 games don't look as nice :( but I don't really care, gaming seems far smoother on it. I can't believe how much better GTAIV is running compared to Vista.

Athena
01-17-09, 09:41 PM
Well I have only tried City of Hero;'s thus far but that game is crash crash lockup crash. So these drivers seem to be junk for me as that is my main game I play. So sad.

I remember back in teh day when I looked forward to Nvidia releasing driver updates. Now they seem to add as many problems as they claim to fix on each release. :(

JohnDoe641
01-17-09, 10:50 PM
Did anyone else notice that the "High quality" and "Quality" settings are switched in the universal graphics settings, but for individual games, it's set correctly? :c