PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 does not see my sata dvd drive

Viventis
01-10-09, 08:37 PM
As the title says: Just installed upgrade from Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 does not recognize my dvd drive. Any suggestions?

Drolfrawd
01-10-09, 08:49 PM
Switch of native sata in bios and install as ide

Zelda_fan
01-10-09, 09:37 PM
I had a case where Windows 7 didn't assign a drive letter to my secondary SATA hard drive. I had to go into the drive management console and assign it manually.

Saeborne
01-26-09, 02:34 AM
I had a case where Windows 7 didn't assign a drive letter to my secondary SATA hard drive. I had to go into the drive management console and assign it manually.

Hi Zelda,

I'm having a similar issue. I'm running Windows 7 Beta, and everything else seems to be working fine. Windows 7 doesn't see my Secondary SATA drive. If you look at the attached jpg file, the device manager recognizes both HDDs.

Can you give me more specific directions on how you assigned it manually? Where can I find the drive management console? Is it different from the device manager?

Thank you,

Saeborne

mailman2
01-26-09, 08:34 AM
Right click my computer, left click Manage.

Under Storage click on Disk Management.

This will list all drives, partitions (windows and non windows).

From here a right click will open another menu and you can assign a drive letter to partitions or drives not showing in My Computer.

JaxMacFL
01-26-09, 08:34 AM
As the title says: Just installed upgrade from Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 does not recognize my dvd drive. Any suggestions?

Hmmm, I have one sata hard drive, two sata dvd-rw roms, one dvd ide rom plus a flashdrive and all show up when desktop Computer icon is clicked on in w7 ult x64. Make sure the 'Sata' the dvd is plugged into is enabled in the bios.