PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 lacking ?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

crainger
01-14-09, 06:27 AM
yea almost. :rolleyes:

Hey nekro. How are you enjoying the new 360.

Monnie Rock
01-14-09, 06:11 PM
i have no idea where any of you get this **** from.

i love Vista x64. runs perfectly.

No problems here, Vista 64 bit has been stable as a rock for me, even with a heavy oc'ed machine and OLD hardware.

ViN86
01-15-09, 02:47 AM

:lol:

i see what you did thar.

mailman2
01-15-09, 11:11 AM
No I was only pointing that you are a troll and insult people only cos you donīt like vista, get a life other than bashing OSes.

nuff said

1. Who did I insult?
2. I only hate Vista. No problems with XP or Windows 7.
3. Wasn't 'nuff. Now it is.

(nana2)

mailman2
01-15-09, 11:12 AM

lmao

ViN86
01-15-09, 11:14 AM
1. Who did I insult?

(nana2)
i think he was referring more to your hating of Vista with no reason.

Bearclaw
01-15-09, 11:17 AM
i think he was referring more to your hating of Vista with no reason.

QFT. He can't even provide reasons for hating it. It runs good now. Maybe he just needs to upgrade to SP1. :o

pkirby11
01-15-09, 11:57 AM
Not sure if this was posted yet, I don't feel like reading all the pages, sorry I'm lazy. While I do agree that it's annoying to have released Vista then come out with Windows 7 they have a good reason for it. Most are right Windows 7 isn't a major step from Vista and Microsoft has admited to this many times. However and we all know this to be true, the reception for Vista was more than abysmal and many business and users did not upgrade.

By releasing it as a new product Microsoft is hoping to distance them selves from Vista plain and simple. Vista never was and certainly isn't at this point in time that bad of an OS. Yes it was plague with stupid problems and until SP1 it wasn't a product I think Microsoft could be proud of but in no small part to all the media slander it got Vista got a reputation that short of coming out with a whole new version were they going change peoples minds. Yes when Windows 7 launches most will say it's Vista with new paint but they can't say it's bad. In fact I have to say I think it's Microsoft's best OS in a long time, better than XP.

So yes, for some it sucks, I know I'm not looking forward to spending money to upgrade again only 2 years later. But I understand Microsoft's reason, if your like my and happy with Vista stick with it, SP2 will add some stability I think. But if you stuck with XP or just want the slimmer OS go with Windows 7. I'm sorry but I don't think Microsoft had any choice in this matter. They had to make it a new OS to get away from the bad slander of the media, if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at Apple and other reviewers who all latched onto the Vista sucks bandwagon. I still talk to the average user who tells me they are afraid to get Vista because of all the problems, I always ask what problems? They always tell me, well that's what I heard from an add or a review. I have not had any more instability on Vista SP1 then on XP SP2. And Apple certainly has no room to speak either, I've had extensive time with OS X 10.5 and the amount of problems it has makes Vista look like an angel with a halo around its head.

mullet
01-15-09, 02:09 PM
Vista haters look foolish.

ViN86
01-15-09, 03:24 PM
Not sure if this was posted yet, I don't feel like reading all the pages, sorry I'm lazy. While I do agree that it's annoying to have released Vista then come out with Windows 7 they have a good reason for it. Most are right Windows 7 isn't a major step from Vista and Microsoft has admited to this many times. However and we all know this to be true, the reception for Vista was more than abysmal and many business and users did not upgrade.

By releasing it as a new product Microsoft is hoping to distance them selves from Vista plain and simple. Vista never was and certainly isn't at this point in time that bad of an OS. Yes it was plague with stupid problems and until SP1 it wasn't a product I think Microsoft could be proud of but in no small part to all the media slander it got Vista got a reputation that short of coming out with a whole new version were they going change peoples minds. Yes when Windows 7 launches most will say it's Vista with new paint but they can't say it's bad. In fact I have to say I think it's Microsoft's best OS in a long time, better than XP.

So yes, for some it sucks, I know I'm not looking forward to spending money to upgrade again only 2 years later. But I understand Microsoft's reason, if your like my and happy with Vista stick with it, SP2 will add some stability I think. But if you stuck with XP or just want the slimmer OS go with Windows 7. I'm sorry but I don't think Microsoft had any choice in this matter. They had to make it a new OS to get away from the bad slander of the media, if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at Apple and other reviewers who all latched onto the Vista sucks bandwagon. I still talk to the average user who tells me they are afraid to get Vista because of all the problems, I always ask what problems? They always tell me, well that's what I heard from an add or a review. I have not had any more instability on Vista SP1 then on XP SP2. And Apple certainly has no room to speak either, I've had extensive time with OS X 10.5 and the amount of problems it has makes Vista look like an angel with a halo around its head.

i dont think Win 7 will be MS's best OS, since they could have released an update for Vista instead of selling a brand new OS. :|

tbh, i dont care, considering how i will get Win 7 cheaply through campus licensing, but the whole new release is unnecessary imo.

mailman2
01-15-09, 03:43 PM
QFT. He can't even provide reasons for hating it. It runs good now. Maybe he just needs to upgrade to SP1. :o

Oh I can provide reasons, at this point Vista is nothing more than a waste of anyone's time.

SP1? I've been running SP2 for Vista and it still sucks. Doesn't matter Windows 7 is here to save the day. I'm gonna burn my Vista DVDs in spite of the worst OS ever made, actually it was just an early beta for Windows 7 so it has never been finished. Windows 7 rocks, performance is king again!

pkirby11
01-15-09, 06:36 PM
i dont think Win 7 will be MS's best OS, since they could have released an update for Vista instead of selling a brand new OS. :|

tbh, i dont care, considering how i will get Win 7 cheaply through campus licensing, but the whole new release is unnecessary imo.

Just curious but did you read my post? I don't disagree that it could have been an update, most likely at least. But due to Apple, Dell and other sites Vista was smeared so bad it's like a politician. Sometimes you gotta start new. I think honestly and they've admitted it, that they are doing this to distance them selves from Vista. Nothing more, had the reception been warmer for Vista I don't think you would have seen Windows 7 until 2010 or later with some new features that make it worth buying.

That being said it's still a great operating system and I still stick by one of the better if not best I've seen. Some of the features alone like built in ISO burning capabilities is just nice. I do not however disagree that it could have been an update but I again the hate is in the wrong place. Vista wasn't outstanding but it wasn't as bad as the mud most sites smeared on Vista and it got better real quick thanks to MS's effort to squash some complaints but I think it was to late. Again people hate Vista, whether they know anything about it or not and that is what Microsoft is trying to get away from. Start fresh is the best idea.

ViN86
01-15-09, 06:37 PM
Just curious but did you read my post? I don't disagree that it could have been an update, most likely at least. But due to Apple, Dell and other sites Vista was smeared so bad it's like a politician. Sometimes you gotta start new. I think honestly and they've admitted it, that they are doing this to distance them selves from Vista. Nothing more, had the reception been warmer for Vista I don't think you would have seen Windows 7 until 2010 or later with some new features that make it worth buying.

That being said it's still a great operating system and I still stick by one of the better if not best I've seen. Some of the features alone like built in ISO burning capabilities is just nice. I do not however disagree that it could have been an update but I again the hate is in the wrong place. Vista wasn't outstanding but it wasn't as bad as the mud most sites smeared on Vista and it got better real quick thanks to MS's effort to squash some complaints but I think it was to late. Again people hate Vista, whether they know anything about it or not and that is what Microsoft is trying to get away from. Start fresh is the best idea.

i wasnt disagreeing or criticizing you. just adding my two cents lol.

and yes, apple did a good job of smearing the Vista name. and that cannot be fixed with an update.

so, we should probably blame apple for MS releasing an entirely new OS. ironic :lol:

Monnie Rock
01-15-09, 10:13 PM
Mailman,

Just kind of curious, what is your background in software/os design. You have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or some type of programming degree?

pkirby11
01-15-09, 11:30 PM
i wasnt disagreeing or criticizing you. just adding my two cents lol.

and yes, apple did a good job of smearing the Vista name. and that cannot be fixed with an update.

so, we should probably blame apple for MS releasing an entirely new OS. ironic :lol:

Cool yeah didn't think yes sorry I didn't think you were. I was just checking. :D And yes it is sad because I'm sure but MS might have just done an update. Might not have been able to make it as great as Windows 7 but maybe close at least but we'll never know now.

mailman2
01-15-09, 11:33 PM
Mailman,

Just kind of curious, what is your background in software/os design. You have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or some type of programming degree?

Bachelors in CIS.

Wolfhound
01-16-09, 03:07 AM
1. Who did I insult?

(nana2)

1 Vista users without reason (you call them idiots few posts ago), here:

i shouldnt expect anything less of you idiots. Of course you still LOVE Vista. Well enjoy spending another $600 for Windows 7. dumbasses.

2 good for you but donīt critize people that have Vista working well and love it
3 As you say :headexplode:

please tell me why Vista sucks as you can provide reasons.

mailman2
01-16-09, 08:02 AM
1 Vista users without reason (you call them idiots few posts ago), here:

2 good for you but donīt critize people that have Vista working well and love it
3 As you say :headexplode:

please tell me why Vista sucks as you can provide reasons.

You know what Vista is no longer even relevent. Windows 7 rocks and MS can't get it on shelves quick enough. Vista won't even be a memory to most people soon. It's just too bad people had to actually pay for that thing.

At this point there is no reason to discuss, argue or talk about Vista anymore. The main reason I don't like Vista is performance. Secondary reasons are too many to get into, as I've said Windows 7 addressed the main ssue by bringing back XP performance and responsiveness. Try the Windows 7 beta and see for yourself.

Dreamingawake
01-16-09, 10:09 AM
Yeah Win 7 beta is super cool, fast, ect.. which is great especially since it's just a beta..

but..

seriously, there is nothing wrong with Vista either !! it's perfectly acceptable..

Retrolock
01-16-09, 12:32 PM
There's something wrong with my win 7 32-bit. I keep losing my 185.20 nvidia drivers. It keeps reverting to the standard vga adapter. I haven't even installed any games or office applications coz I dont see myself using that beta OS always. I'm sticking to vista 64 for now.

Maybe I'll just reformat that hd and install Linux lol.

mailman2
01-16-09, 04:34 PM

Not a gamer huh? Just reinstall windows 7. Works fine here.

hemmy
01-16-09, 05:10 PM
I don't understand how some of you have some much RAM in use on a clean boot of Vista. Do you have a lot of programs loading up at start because mine is usually only around 800-900 MB and this is a fresh install I haven't even optimized yet.

Unused ram is wasted ram

ViN86
01-16-09, 05:16 PM
Not a gamer huh? Just reinstall windows 7. Works fine here.

that's what we told you to do with Vista.

works fine here. :|

nekrosoft13
01-16-09, 06:15 PM
There's something wrong with my win 7 32-bit. I keep losing my 185.20 nvidia drivers. It keeps reverting to the standard vga adapter. I haven't even installed any games or office applications coz I dont see myself using that beta OS always. I'm sticking to vista 64 for now.

don't use 185.20 drivers, still very buggy

mailman2
01-16-09, 06:25 PM
that's what we told you to do with Vista.

works fine here. :|

yea right, it never did. Windows 7 works.