PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 lacking ?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Sean_W
01-16-09, 06:03 PM
Yeah Win 7 beta is super cool, fast, ect.. which is great especially since it's just a beta..

but..

seriously, there is nothing wrong with Vista either !! it's perfectly acceptable..

If that was the case people wouldn't be upgrading to Windows 7, it's lacking for sure, a bit faster, new task bar, some tweaks here and there, I'd say it was seriously lacking for what your going to pay for it and what you paid for Vista.

Bearclaw
01-16-09, 06:46 PM
Just installed the beta. Am running it as my sole operating system right now. I feel that that's best to get the full effect. No going back now. :lol:

So far, I like it. It seems a bit slow though.

Redeemed
01-16-09, 07:06 PM
Just installed the beta. Am running it as my sole operating system right now. I feel that that's best to get the full effect. No going back now. :lol:

So far, I like it. It seems a bit slow though.
Slow, eh?

If interested, I can sell you a Core2 Duo E6600 with either the CoolIT Eliminator for cooling, stock cooler, or the Arctive Freezer 7 Pro...

PM me for details. :bleh:

Bearclaw
01-16-09, 07:09 PM
Slow, eh?

If interested, I can sell you a Core2 Duo E6600 with either the CoolIT Eliminator for cooling, stock cooler, or the Arctive Freezer 7 Pro...

PM me for details. :bleh:

PM sent. :afro:

Retrolock
01-16-09, 07:15 PM
Not a gamer huh? Just reinstall windows 7. Works fine here.

I've got vista x64 on the other hard disk. Win 7 is still too unstable for me to game. It'll just piss me off if my games wont run.

don't use 185.20 drivers, still very buggy

k thanks!

Bearclaw
01-16-09, 07:51 PM
I've got vista x64 on the other hard disk. Win 7 is still too unstable for me to game. It'll just piss me off if my games wont run.

k thanks!

That's interesting. I have no problems here. Are you using 64 or 32 bit?

john19055
01-16-09, 08:09 PM
The only problem I have with Vista 64bit ultimate is that it is slow to boot and could be more quicker.

Bearclaw
01-16-09, 08:13 PM
The only problem I have with Vista 64bit ultimate is that it is slow to boot and could be more quicker.

The 32 bit is a bit slow to boot, IMO.

mailman2
01-16-09, 10:30 PM

k thanks!

What games wouldnt run? I've tested a bunch, everything is working. GTA IV needed a bit of messing with.

Wolfhound
01-17-09, 03:45 AM
You know what Vista is no longer even relevent. Windows 7 rocks and MS can't get it on shelves quick enough. Vista won't even be a memory to most people soon. It's just too bad people had to actually pay for that thing.

At this point there is no reason to discuss, argue or talk about Vista anymore. The main reason I don't like Vista is performance. Secondary reasons are too many to get into, as I've said Windows 7 addressed the main ssue by bringing back XP performance and responsiveness. Try the Windows 7 beta and see for yourself.

How? now there are no reasons to discuss, for something you started arguing Vista sucks?, Iīm still waiting the facts why Vista sucks, I have same performance with Vista and XP in the same conditions (overclock, same settings in game, lastest patches for both OSes..) but you still failed to provide facts why Vista sucks, say it clearly you donīt like Vista thatīs why sucks.

Retrolock
01-17-09, 03:49 AM
That's interesting. I have no problems here. Are you using 64 or 32 bit?

32 bit, I just had a friend download it for me coz I have a crappy connection. Also, I keep losing my video drivers and keeps reverting to the standard display adapter. nekro said the 185.20 is the culprit so I guess I need to roll back to 180.84

What games wouldnt run? I've tested a bunch, everything is working. GTA IV needed a bit of messing with.

Haven't really tested it yet, but I keep reading in my local forums that a bunch of games dont run. I prolly dont have the patience to test that out myself.

Regardless, I'm sure I wont make this my main OS just yet.

mailman2
01-17-09, 10:01 AM
How? now there are no reasons to discuss, for something you started arguing Vista sucks?, Iīm still waiting the facts why Vista sucks, I have same performance with Vista and XP in the same conditions (overclock, same settings in game, lastest patches for both OSes..) but you still failed to provide facts why Vista sucks, say it clearly you donīt like Vista thatīs why sucks.

Again, at this point it doesn't matter. Vista is dead and Windows 7 just flat out blows it away. Windows 7 FTW.

W7 in Beta is better than Vista (SP1 and SP2), sad but true. I have no reason to discuss Vista any longer. W7 is my only OS at this point and I love it.

mailman2
01-17-09, 10:04 AM
Haven't really tested it yet, but I keep reading in my local forums that a bunch of games dont run. I prolly dont have the patience to test that out myself.

Regardless, I'm sure I wont make this my main OS just yet.

I have a bunch of games installed. Windows 7 x86 is my only OS at this point, no regrets either.

Gears of War
Mirror's Edge
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Pure
COD4 MW
COD5 WAW
Stranglehold
007 Quantum of Solace
Fallout 3
GTA IV
Saints Row 2
Left 4 Dead
GTA Vice City
Assassin's Creed

I can report these all work fine in Windows 7.

Bearclaw
01-17-09, 12:44 PM
I didn't have TOO many problems with Vista SP1 but this is 10-fold over it. This is my only O/S at the moment.

Also, where do we enter the key we got from microsoft? I couldn't enter it when I installed because I had it on my Documents drive (Which I couldn't access at the time) and now I am wondering where to enter it.

Wolfhound
01-17-09, 01:24 PM
Again, at this point it doesn't matter. Vista is dead and Windows 7 just flat out blows it away. Windows 7 FTW.

W7 in Beta is better than Vista (SP1 and SP2), sad but true. I have no reason to discuss Vista any longer. W7 is my only OS at this point and I love it.

OK, nice but SP2 isnīt released for now, only a buggy beta, Iīll try Windows 7 when I can download it legally (think beta 7000 can be download from microsoft)

ATOJAR
01-17-09, 01:57 PM
Also, where do we enter the key we got from microsoft? I couldn't enter it when I installed because I had it on my Documents drive (Which I couldn't access at the time) and now I am wondering where to enter it.

Go into the control panel then into the system tab, at the bottom of that window click the "change product key" link.

ViN86
01-17-09, 02:12 PM

i hope you at least realize why everyone thinks you're full of ****, given that you make many claims and offer no proof whatsoever.

mailman2
01-17-09, 03:28 PM
i hope you at least realize why everyone thinks you're full of ****, given that you make many claims and offer no proof whatsoever.

Dude, just deal with it. Vista sucks and W7 is coming to replace it asap. Even you cannot deny that, hell Balmer at MS basically said that a few weeks ago. Install windows 7 there is the proof.

Microsoft's Ballmer touts 'best version of Windows ever'
http://www.thunderblogspot.com/2009/01/13/thunderdog-enters-the-vader-project/

"Without mentioning the security and compatibility issues that have dogged Vista, Ballmer promised that Windows 7 will make PCs faster and easier to use."

mullet
01-17-09, 03:37 PM
Dude, just deal with it. Vista sucks and W7 is coming to replace it asap. Even you cannot deny that, hell Balmer at MS basically said that a few weeks ago. Install windows 7 there is the proof.

Microsoft's Ballmer touts 'best version of Windows ever'
http://www.thunderblogspot.com/2009/01/13/thunderdog-enters-the-vader-project/

"Without mentioning the security and compatibility issues that have dogged Vista, Ballmer promised that Windows 7 will make PCs faster and easier to use."

LOL dude give it a rest. Either your trying to piss everyone one off or you are just that thick headed. :headexplode:

mailman2
01-17-09, 03:44 PM
LOL dude give it a rest. Either your trying to piss everyone one off or you are just that thick headed. :headexplode:

Give what a rest? I can't post anything without idiots like Nekro and Vin going on about how I can't give reasons about Vista and blah blah. Im just tired of these idiots doing nothing but trying to bash me for not "loving" Vista. ....on the other hand, Windows 7 rocks, I love it and it works great. Not sure what you want me to give a rest? Applauding Windows 7? So I can't like an OS now? :headexplode:

I'll be in the other Windows 7 threads where people are enjoying it and discussing it sensibly you guys can all pat each other on the butts for loving Vista in this one. :cool:

Bearclaw
01-17-09, 04:09 PM
Go into the control panel then into the system tab, at the bottom of that window click the "change product key" link.

Just did this. Thanks for your help. :)

Zelda_fan
01-18-09, 02:26 AM
People are still arguing this?

Window 7 beta is superior. There is no argument. If you are an enthusiast, there is no reason you should D/L it and install it right now. It's free. It's perfectly stable, and it's just better.

Toss3
01-18-09, 02:38 AM
People are still arguing this?

Window 7 beta is superior. There is no argument. If you are an enthusiast, there is no reason you should D/L it and install it right now. It's free. It's perfectly stable, and it's just better.

QFT! :)

DRen72
01-18-09, 09:09 AM
For a Beta 1 operating system, its very polished thats for sure. I've not run into any problems gaming, but there are a few issues with some application software I use, but I'm sure that will resolve once the different vendors release updates. Now with the recently released X-Fi Soundpack even my surround sound in movies and MP3's is working.

If it's this polished now, just imaging what the next 6 to 8 months will bring.

Sean_W
01-18-09, 05:40 PM
For a Beta 1 operating system, its very polished thats for sure. I've not run into any problems gaming, but there are a few issues with some application software I use, but I'm sure that will resolve once the different vendors release updates. Now with the recently released X-Fi Soundpack even my surround sound in movies and MP3's is working.

If it's this polished now, just imaging what the next 6 to 8 months will bring.

It's polished because it's not really changed much from Vista technically, effectively it's a polished up Vista, same kernel as Windows server 2008. I'd expect simple stuff like that to work, why wouldn't it.