PDA

View Full Version : Best racing game for the Xbox 360?

Kain
01-15-09, 05:58 PM
Is Forza Motorsport 2 still the best racing game on the Xbox 360?

NarcissistZero
01-15-09, 07:37 PM
PGR4 is very underrated and an awesome racer.

Also Grid, if you don't want it for PC.

Yaboze
01-15-09, 08:35 PM
I really like Grid, but I got it for the PC because my 360 was at MS (RROD) when it came out.

ViN86
01-15-09, 09:09 PM
i got PGR4 for $15 at Target. awesome pickup heh.

Forza Motorsport 2 is probably still the best.

nekrosoft13
01-15-09, 09:13 PM
Is Forza Motorsport 2 still the best racing game on the Xbox 360?

returned forza2, quite bad. tries to be a simulation but fails.
PGR4 is very good, much better then the rather failed PGR3

Tr1cK
01-16-09, 08:08 AM
Burnout Paradise is my favorite. I have the other Burnout for it too, pretty fun.

I haven't tried PGR4, but PGR3 was decent until you get to the tests which were a PITA. I want to play a game to have fun, not be tested as if it were school.

Test Drive Unlimited is OK, but lacks in some areas. I think it should include car upgrades and customizaiton.

Forza 2 is a wanna-be Gran Turismo. It's decent, but fails at trying to be too sim-like. Sims suck on the 360 because the wheel is so crappy in comparison to something like a Logitech G25 which isn't available for the 360.

I haven't tried Grid or Dirt on it. I really need to.

EciDemon
01-16-09, 08:19 AM
returned forza2, quite bad. tries to be a simulation but fails.
PGR4 is very good, much better then the rather failed PGR3

Heh, I also returned Forza 2. I guess I was expecting a Gran turismo on the 360 but it's not even close. The cars did look good though.

I recommend Burnout paradise. It's very much arcade like in an open world but it's very fast and quite addictive.

kev13dd
01-17-09, 06:20 AM
Grid and DiRT are my favorites. Can't wait for DiRT 2

K

Lyme
01-18-09, 11:06 PM
PGR3 is pretty fun, decent graphics (launch 360 game)
I didn't like forza 2 because of the emphasis on simulation.
Grid and Dirt were fun.
I'm currently working my way up in need for speed most wanted.
Played NFS Carbon on my friends PS3, and it seemed like mostly the same engine (bit darker themed graphics).

Bought two games from the bargain bin today, yet to try:
Picked up Hot Wheels to play with my son (two player split screen)
MotoGP 07 (four player split screen).

Of the ones I played NFS, and Dirt are my top picks.

Also in comparison, I played GT Prologue.. While very pretty, there was no computer players to race against.

sammy sung
01-19-09, 06:38 PM
PGR4 without a doubt,great gameplay,great models and enviroments,the lighting and overall atmosphere is among the best ive seen in any racing game .It's no sim but it doesnt need to be.The models are not quite as sharp as the GT5 demo but the enviroments etc are so much better.

I like forza 2 aswell but the plain moronic online racing with it ruins it for me or the people that play it.It's like people dont have any brakes and intentionally run into you at the first corner instead of braking=busting the crap out of your car.Serious online sim racing is better on the PC since not as many 12 year olds that like destruction derbys play that.