PDA

View Full Version : Aus rampage extreme 2

fasedww
01-17-09, 03:13 PM
Well I'm getting a third evga Gtx 280 SC this week, I was wondering if the power connectors will be ok when third video card installed?, just don't here too much about this, I know somebody had it but can't find the post.:)

fasedww
01-19-09, 11:28 AM
Well I'm getting a third evga Gtx 280 SC this week, I was wondering if the power connectors will be ok when third video card installed?, just don't here too much about this, I know somebody had it but can't find the post.:)

I took a good look Should work, going to take the 8800gt out I'm using it for physics, put my third badboy Evga Gtx 280 SC in, two more days and it will be here. Seems like it's taking for ever.:)

fasedww
01-22-09, 11:29 AM
Well I got it in, I just took the usb and firewire cables out on the bottom of the motherboard, I still have enough on back. power connectors are alright, thank God'.:D

Amuro
01-26-09, 09:08 AM
Can you get the 3rd card completely in? Mine's sticking up a tiny bit, but it still works. And I have one USB cable plugged in.

fasedww
01-26-09, 10:41 AM
Can you get the 3rd card completely in? Mine's sticking up a tiny bit, but it still works. And I have one USB cable plugged in.

I got it all the way but have no usb cables plugged in on the bottom of the motherboard.:)

Amuro
01-26-09, 11:31 PM
That's great. BTW, does the Asus Q-shield I/O shield give you any trouble? Mine doesn't line up with the I/O ports on the back of the mobo very well. It's slightly off, maybe about 1mm or less.

fasedww
01-27-09, 12:28 PM
That's great. BTW, does the Asus Q-shield I/O shield give you any trouble? Mine doesn't line up with the I/O ports on the back of the mobo very well. It's slightly off, maybe about 1mm or less.
Same here':)

Amuro
01-27-09, 09:40 PM
Really? I thought my case was bad or something. BTW, can you get front panel audio output from the X-Fi card?

fasedww
01-28-09, 12:55 PM
Really? I thought my case was bad or something. BTW, can you get front panel audio output from the X-Fi card?
I have a 5.25 panel that comes with my sound card, but haven't hooked it up, thinking if I want too, but probally will someday when I'm really board.:)

Amuro
01-28-09, 09:29 PM
That I/O drive might interfere with the drive bay doors though.

fasedww
01-30-09, 05:04 PM
That I/O drive might interfere with the drive bay doors though.
yeah won't work very good case doors would have to hang open, I like them closed for the good cooling.:)