PDA

View Full Version : EVGA X58 onboard sound

Logical
01-17-09, 11:22 PM
I seem to be getting a lot of static sound when gaming. Firstly i noticed the sound was pretty low and i had to crank my headset to full volume, but still it was quite low and i noticed a lot of static which seemed to correspond with how i was moving my mouse on screen.

I have tried different realtek drivers and vista drivers as well as unplugging the front panel connections from the motherboard but to no avail. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me ?

Logical
01-18-09, 12:04 PM
36 views and not 1 reply...guess i must be on my own then.

Time for an RMA.

Eliminator
01-18-09, 12:10 PM
why not buy a real sound card?

Logical
01-18-09, 02:08 PM
why not buy a real sound card?

Because thats like brushing dust under the carpet...it still doesnt solve the problem i have...a defective motherboard. Taking it back to the shop first thing in the morning as it is on 10 day return no quibble.

Just wondered if anyone else had simlilar issues because if it is a well known issue i may go for another brand of mobo.

Edit: Seems i am not alone on this http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=726046&mpage=1&key=򴪄

Logical
01-19-09, 04:24 PM
OK guys i found out what the problem is...

Seems vista 64 doesnt like the x58 audio drivers...i switched to vista 32 and everything was fine no static noise what so ever.....