PDA

View Full Version : MMO's on Steam...

|MaguS|
01-18-09, 06:06 PM
Ok, I get that they make them available to purchase over steam but I should be allowed to download them if I already have a subscription with the MMO. I would love to tie my EQ2 account and WO account to steam, then if I ever feel the urge to play them again I can just control the install through steam rather then having to download the client through the crappy patcher or dig through 4 DVDs for EQ2...

NarcissistZero
01-18-09, 07:50 PM
Everyone wants to be able to do that with all their games, but the chances of it happening are slim... probably because they know there are idiots like me who will rebuy games for a Steam version.

Sgt_Pitt
01-18-09, 09:33 PM
Good advertising move by SOE anyway in going with Steam.

Subscribers to EQ2 always complain that SOE doesn't advertise this beautiful game enough.

Should help with EQ2 subs, for a game that is still one of the best mmo's around.

Unstable_Hero
01-18-09, 09:48 PM
Don't count on it, downloading games from steam uses bandwidth that costs money and valve makes that money back when you purchase the game through them.

|MaguS|
01-18-09, 10:56 PM
Don't count on it, downloading games from steam uses bandwidth that costs money and valve makes that money back when you purchase the game through them.

Well alot of servers that provide the content aren't actually owned by valve...

Sgt_Pitt
01-18-09, 11:00 PM
Yeah the monthly sub would go to SOE though.

I don't think SOE is hurting for money anyway, they are working on Free realms, DC Universe online, and The Agency.

I'd just like to see more people playing EQ2, cause they are missing out on a great game.

|MaguS|
01-18-09, 11:11 PM
I use to play EQ2...

Tr1cK
01-19-09, 06:22 AM
Yeah the monthly sub would go to SOE though.

I don't think SOE is hurting for money anyway, they are working on Free realms, DC Universe online, and The Agency.

I'd just like to see more people playing EQ2, cause they are missing out on a great game.

More people dont play it because its not as great as you think it is.

jeffmd
01-19-09, 08:20 AM
sub par MMOs havnt learned that they can't charge premium monthly prices like the big boys.

hell_of_doom227
01-19-09, 08:38 AM
Only MMO game i might play in my life is KOTOR 3 but we will see.

Sgt_Pitt
01-19-09, 10:02 AM
More people dont play it because its not as great as you think it is.

Well ive played a lot of MMO's

VG - 30 Necro
WAR - lvl 40 Ironbreaker
AOC - 30 Conq
WoW 50 Rogue
EQ2 80 SK

also played Ryzom, Eve, DDO, Dofus, Guild wars, Pirates, Tabula Rasa, AO.

So i think i can safely say that i've seen a few mmo's

I could probably say i have no life either lol, and feel just as seedy as my avatar :P