PDA

View Full Version : FS: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R rev2.1

SLippe
01-19-09, 08:05 PM
Just received this back from RMA today. Comes complete with everything. I can't test it, well, I could, but I'm not going to tear down my current rig to do so. ;) Gigabyte's RMA service is kind of vague, so I'm not sure what all they did to it, but it is the same board. I actually liked this board, despite the Post looping I had. Great overclocker! I liked the BIOS layout as well. When I sent the 'board off, it had the F2 BIOS, so I'm not sure if they updated the BIOS during the RMA or not. I think the current BIOS on Gigabyte's website is F3. For more on the 'board here is a link over at Newegg.com; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128086

Gigabyte's site; http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2743

I bought the board from a local shop, not from Newegg. I paid $135.00 USD for it and at the time, Newegg had it for like $115.00 or close to that, I can't remember now exactly. It's only a few months old, but because it has been RMA'd, I'm asking $70.00 shipped to the U.S. only. I accept PayPal only.

I'm open to offers, so PM me if you have one.

Heatware: SLippe
eBay: obi-shawn_kenobi

Edit: Picture added!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=35145&stc=1&d=1232420078

Bearclaw
01-19-09, 08:11 PM
So, is it the same board only "worked on" by Gigabyte? Is it your original board or a new one?

SLippe
01-19-09, 08:13 PM
It's my original board. Still has the square foam pad on the back from my Tuniq Tower 120 backplate. Although, they did add a square foam piece with it, for some reason.

SLippe
01-20-09, 08:14 AM
Tuesday morning (bump)

giggles101
01-20-09, 06:16 PM
That is soooo cool! :jumping:

Bearclaw
01-20-09, 06:58 PM
That is soooo cool! :jumping:

Uh... Welcome to nVNews. We have a lot of F/S threads here. :eek2:

LT.Schaffer
01-20-09, 07:18 PM
Bump

SLippe
01-21-09, 04:53 PM
Price dropped to $80.00 shipped.

jcniest5
01-22-09, 08:42 AM
So, what was the problem why it was first sent in for repair?

SLippe
01-22-09, 09:37 AM
So, what was the problem why it was first sent in for repair?

It would get stuck in a Post loop for anywhere to 5 minutes up to sometimes 30 minutes or so. Finally, I couldn't get it to get out of it and Post at all. So, I RMA'd it. Weird thing happened, too. I had flashed the BIOS to F3, but just a day or so before the final straw, it reset itself back to F2. I didn't even know a 'board could do that! :)

Now, I'm wondering if the RAM I had in it wasn't bad, because when I got my current board, the RAM wouldn't work in it, which is now in RMA itself. Would bad RAM keep the board from posting? Wait, I guess so, since my current board wouldn't post with it. Maybe the board wasn't bad at all then. :o Of course, Gigabyte didn't leave me any kind of info if the it was bad or not or what they may have done to the board. Maybe that's the reason they sent the same board back. I don't know.

fasedww
01-22-09, 10:33 AM
It would get stuck in a Post loop for anywhere to 5 minutes up to sometimes 30 minutes or so. Finally, I couldn't get it to get out of it and Post at all. So, I RMA'd it. Weird thing happened, too. I had flashed the BIOS to F3, but just a day or so before the final straw, it reset itself back to F2. I didn't even know a 'board could do that! :)

Now, I'm wondering if the RAM I had in it wasn't bad, because when I got my current board, the RAM wouldn't work in it, which is now in RMA itself. Would bad RAM keep the board from posting? Wait, I guess so, since my current board wouldn't post with it. Maybe the board wasn't bad at all then. :o Of course, Gigabyte didn't leave me any kind of info if the it was bad or not or what they may have done to the board. Maybe that's the reason they sent the same board back. I don't know.

your probally right but my as well chalk it up as experience, check ram again if that happens. That stuff has happen to me before. You just will get better at trouble shooting way I look at it.:)

Bearclaw
01-22-09, 11:01 AM
If this board had PCI-E 2.0 then I would buy it sLippe. Sorry man.

BUMP for a good guy.

SLippe
01-22-09, 02:58 PM
If this board had PCI-E 2.0 then I would buy it sLippe. Sorry man.

BUMP for a good guy.

I think it does. I'll check though.

EDIT: It has PCI-E 1.1 :(

Bearclaw
01-22-09, 03:10 PM
I think it does. I'll check though.

EDIT: It has PCI-E 1.1 :(

Ya, I checked newegg. :( Sorry man!

SLippe
01-22-09, 05:45 PM
Ya, I checked newegg. :( Sorry man!

No problem, FAILclaw. I have it on eBay and Craigslist, also. So, hopefully between the 3 sites it'll sale. If not, I'll just hang on to it and maybe build my wife, or someone, a rig in the future.

(bump)

SLippe
01-23-09, 08:45 PM
Priced reduced to $70.00 shipped!

(bump)

SLippe
01-24-09, 04:48 PM
(bump)

SLippe
01-25-09, 12:55 PM
(bump)

SLippe
01-26-09, 08:56 AM
(bump)

Bearclaw
01-26-09, 09:26 AM
BUMP for a good guy and a great deal... tempting. I only have a PCI-E 2 card right now so it wouldn't be that bad...

SLippe
01-29-09, 03:11 PM
SOLD on eBay.

/Thread.