PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War II Open Beta on Steam Right Now...

NarcissistZero
01-21-09, 02:44 AM
I assume you all heard this... pre-order the game or register/buy Soulstorm and you get access to the beta right this minute.

I didn't like Dawn of War when I played the demo years and years ago... it felt very multiplayer focused, and I don't play multi much. Also, I know nothing of the fiction and found the art design lacking. Just played the demo again and felt the same.

Anyway, looking forward to impressions of this one to see if I would like it more, so DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD and tell me.

Go go go!

LordJuanlo
01-21-09, 05:33 AM
I'd like to preorder it on Steam, but it's too expensive (€49.95 vs €32.95 at play.com), so I will have to wait. I hope people will post good impressions here, got the game preordered and I dont't want to cancel it

Alaa
01-21-09, 08:14 AM
How do you preorder it on Steam? I can't see any preorder button!

Kaguya
01-21-09, 08:54 AM
I assume you all heard this... pre-order the game or register/buy Soulstorm and you get access to the beta right this minute.

I didn't like Dawn of War when I played the demo years and years ago... it felt very multiplayer focused, and I don't play multi much. Also, I know nothing of the fiction and found the art design lacking. Just played the demo again and felt the same.

Anyway, looking forward to impressions of this one to see if I would like it more, so DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD and tell me.

Go go go!

I'm curious too. I haven't played an RTS multiplayer since Warcraft II, and I'm not really into it anymore (so much base building time only to watch it all get destroyed ;) ). But I am interested in this for singleplayer...

Retrolock
01-21-09, 06:26 PM
How do you preorder it on Steam? I can't see any preorder button!

Maybe its not available in your region yet

WeReWoLf
01-21-09, 10:27 PM
You pay for it, and you get another Dawn of War thing in your "my games" tab that you have to install

Toss3
01-22-09, 12:29 AM
(w/opics)

sl0ppy_sec0nds
01-22-09, 02:02 AM
Not much of an open beta if you have to pay to test it. I was assuming that it was open to everyone despite preorders and such.

Sabadin
01-22-09, 09:52 AM
Not much of an open beta if you have to pay to test it. I was assuming that it was open to everyone despite preorders and such.

1 week exclusive for SS/pre-order people, goes fully public on Jan.28

Alaa
01-23-09, 12:18 PM
I really love this trailer: :)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43427.html