PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Heroes Beta Key Signup

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
01-21-09, 09:57 PM
Hello Heroes,

Starting today you can register your interest in taking part in the next phase of the Battlefield Heroes Beta.

If you already received a beta key for the earlier Beta phase, you are automatically signed up for this new phase. So you don’t need to sign up again.

So, how do I sign-up?

To be able to sign up you must be logged in. If you don’t have an EA Account already, you can sign up for one here.
Once you are logged in, head over to the sign-up form.
When does the next phase of the Heroes Beta start?

Keep an eye on this website for more Beta announcements in the coming weeks.
How do you decide who gets a Beta invite?

Please keep in mind that we’ll be giving out Keys in the fairest way we can, which is as follows:

Firstly, everyone still on the waiting list from the first Beta phase.
Secondly, everyone else, including those who sign up on this page.
When you start the next phase of the Beta, how will I know if I’ve been accepted?

As soon as a Beta slot opens up for you, we’ll contact you at the email address you use to log into the Heroes website.
As the Beta progresses we’ll be letting more people in, so don’t be put off if you don’t get a key immediately. We’ll be adding a lot of people to the beta, so you will get your turn.
What is a beta?
As we develop a new game it goes through lots of phases. The final ones are called “Beta” and “Launch”. Launch is when we open the game up for the whole world to play. Before we do that we need to ensure everything is ready.

The Beta phase is like a rehearsal for the launch; where we test everything out with a small audience before allowing the rest of the world to play. In a beta you are likely to find lots of small things that don’t work as they should, we call these things “bugs”. We’ll need your help to find these bugs, so we can squash them.

After you've signed up, please feel free to discuss this on the forums.

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/news/battlefield-heroes-beta-key-signup

Well done, you have signed up for 1 Battlefield Heroes Beta Key!

You will receive an email with your Beta Key and further instructions as soon as a slot opens up.

NarcissistZero
01-21-09, 10:36 PM
Despite not being into multiplayer much, I signed up. We'll see what happens.

CaptNKILL
01-22-09, 03:04 AM
Sweet.

Entered. :)

Logical
01-22-09, 01:02 PM
Awesome..cant wait. :)

fugu_fish
01-22-09, 01:59 PM
Signed up for a key, thanks for the info. Bit bummed by the 16 player limitation.

Sgt_Pitt
01-22-09, 05:38 PM
I signed up for the first beta but didnt get in, hopefully i can get in this one :)

ChaoticNick
03-04-09, 06:16 PM
Just got a key today after signing up several months ago.

Pretty nifty game, especially since it's free. The character customization and leveling elements are kind of addictive :o. I hope it comes out of beta soon so more people will be playing.

Albo
03-04-09, 06:51 PM
Signed up
Will Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 be like this?
Or do the send an e-mail to you or something?
I would really like to Beta it, can anyone tell me how
I know it way to early for the Beta

nekrosoft13
03-10-09, 12:49 PM
finally time to download

Your Battlefield Heroes Beta Key!

Congratulations!
Your application to beta test Battlefield Heroes has been approved.

Your unique beta key:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

To register your beta key and begin playing, just go to http://beta.battlefield-heroes.com and follow the instructions.

If you have general questions, gameplay or technical issues, or need to report bugs, check out the beta forums on the Battlefield Heroes beta site.

Enjoy the Battlefield Heroes Closed Beta!

Buenamos
03-10-09, 01:18 PM
finally time to download

Your Battlefield Heroes Beta Key!

Congratulations!
Your application to beta test Battlefield Heroes has been approved.

Your unique beta key:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

To register your beta key and begin playing, just go to http://beta.battlefield-heroes.com and follow the instructions.

If you have general questions, gameplay or technical issues, or need to report bugs, check out the beta forums on the Battlefield Heroes beta site.

Enjoy the Battlefield Heroes Closed Beta!

damn you..... you know, if you really want you could just go ahead and send your key this way. I wouldn't mind.

nekrosoft13
03-10-09, 02:37 PM
they really need more players, connected to 3 servers and no enemy, no one wants to be nazi

Buenamos
03-10-09, 03:26 PM
they really need more players, connected to 3 servers and no enemy, no one wants to be nazi

other than the amount of players, what are your overall impressions? How's it run? Glitchy?

Tr1cK
03-10-09, 04:01 PM
I signed up.

CaptNKILL
03-10-09, 04:27 PM
I just entered again.

Still haven't gotten a key. :(

mojoman0
03-10-09, 04:31 PM
I've had one since NVISION '08 last summer ;)

JasonPC
03-10-09, 10:54 PM
Played it a little while and can already tell I'm not going to like it at all :(

Starscream
03-11-09, 04:44 PM
I got a beta key via e-mail today, I'll test the game out a bit after work.

CaptNKILL
03-11-09, 05:07 PM
I just played the game for a couple hours. It seems alright.

It has a very "loose" feel to it, which is common these days.

The third person camera views pretty much suck ass though. You're basically running blind through door ways until the camera gets through. And it makes the tanks a bit awkward to drive since your view is blocked by trees even though your tank can drive under them easily.

If they let you move the cameras or switch to first person view I think I'd like it more.

Its not a bad game though. Its pretty fun and the advancements are pretty neat.

Graphics are ok for a game like this.

The sound is a little weird though. Its hard to tell what the hell is going on because there are so many goofy sounds for every action in the game. In between gunfire you're hearing little blips and and bubbly noises and swooshes and zapping sounds. I think they went overboard in that respect.

I have two issues with the interface though:

First. In the menus where you buy and equip upgrades they could definitely use a bit more information to explain which things you have to equip and how you do it. I bought an ability and played two rounds before realizing that I was supposed to drag it to my tool belt and use it like another weapon.

Second. The weapon selection bar is really bad. I don't know if its buggy or just poorly designed but its really hard to tell what you're selecting and what you have equipped. Since the game is third person you can't easily see your gun and some of the abilities work instantly when you select them so if you do it accidentally it can cause problems.

Albo
03-11-09, 06:41 PM
HOW did you get your key before me?
I signed up before you

Thats stupid?

nvm, I realized you enetred on January instead of a couple of days ago

Still waiting

CaptNKILL
03-12-09, 04:24 AM
Another small gripe...

It apparently has no OpenAL hardware support or any kind of surround sound in software mode for Vista. :bleh:

I think Battlefield 1942 had surround sound in both software and hardware modes.

Retrolock
03-12-09, 11:52 AM
I was surprised when I checked my email that I received a beta key. Dunno if I'll use this though. PM me if you want the key :D

NarcissistZero
03-12-09, 05:57 PM
I got one today too and doubt I will use it... I'm not going to announce I'm giving it away yet though. I'm pretty sure they're easy to get at this point, and I might try it out.

nekrosoft13
03-12-09, 05:59 PM
boring game

CaptNKILL
03-13-09, 01:22 AM
Has anyone else played this?

proliferazor
03-13-09, 01:41 AM
i played about 5 mins and immediately wished I hadn't wasted my time.