wysiwyg
01-22-09, 04:48 AM
http://www.videosift.com/video/Zero-Punctuation-Farcry-2

ralinn
01-22-09, 07:07 AM
turd coloured crap?

a12ctic
01-22-09, 07:34 AM
He actually agreed that the turd color actually helped accomplish the look and feel Far Cry 2 was trying to achieve and went well with the game. Also, Yahtzee is more for lolz, not for a serious review. Just saying because you make his opinion out to be the end all in weather or not FC2 is really a turd colored the color of a turd?

Toss3
01-22-09, 08:05 AM
He actually agreed that the turd color actually helped accomplish the look and feel Far Cry 2 was trying to achieve and went well with the game. Also, Yahtzee is more for lolz, not for a serious review. Just saying because you make his opinion out to be the end all in weather or not FC2 is really a turd colored the color of a turd?

I think his reviews are some of the best ones out there for the very same reason many people hate them; he isn't trying to please anyone and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind, unlike reviewers such as gamespot, ign and gametrailers.

This review is once again pretty spot on with my own impressions of the game.

wysiwyg
01-22-09, 09:42 AM

durrr

i wasnt quoting yahtzee, that was my opinion on FC2

wysiwyg
01-22-09, 09:45 AM
turd coloured crap?

yes, the game has the brown everything look, and africa isnt that brown

crap being my opinion of the game

ViN86
01-22-09, 10:03 AM
LOL awesome review.

his rant about "sandbox" game design was spot on.

saguy
01-22-09, 10:48 AM
yes, the game has the brown everything look, and africa isnt that brown

crap being my opinion of the gameI am from Africa and most of it is even browner than in-game. Me, I love the game and I usually do not like sandbox and as far as Yahtzee goes, well the guy hates everything. Probably even hates his mother. He is one of those guys that gets off on hating everything. I found him amusing the first couple of times but I know what to expect with every one of his mini rants. Yahtzee should review Yahtzee - that would be interesting.

wysiwyg
01-22-09, 10:55 AM
i have lived in natal, durban and cape town. those parts werent brown. even in north africa u cant be saying the sky is brown too like in the game

Xav
01-22-09, 11:52 AM
LOL the truck going around in circles had me rolling. I stopped playing the game when I got to that mission and realized it was doing laps.

One day I'll finish the game (maybe). This review was good.

saguy
01-22-09, 12:26 PM
i have lived in natal, durban and cape town. those parts werent brown. even in north africa u cant be saying the sky is brown too like in the gameSouth Africa has an average annual rainfall of less than 500 mm. ... more than 80 percent of its land surface is classified as semi-arid to arid. ...

So you come from Durban which is semi tropical and Cape Town which is a green oasis hemmed in by the arid West Coast and the semi arid Karoo. You should get out more :D

Games tend to exaggerate things that why I like them. FC2 may not be graphically realistic but I like its style.

NarcissistZero
01-22-09, 05:32 PM
i have lived in natal, durban and cape town. those parts werent brown. even in north africa u cant be saying the sky is brown too like in the game

The sky is pretty bright blue in my copy, maybe yours has a defect. Also, many parts of the game are not that brown, and the parts that are look pretty spot-on. Graphics and visual design are the least of the game's problems, it looks realistic and impressive.

I went from loving the game to hating the game because of some annoying aspects, then loving the game again when I got over those annoyances and concentrated on doing what the game did well. Buy a long-range weapon, scout out enemy bases, sneak through killing them as you see fit, drive away fast. It's fun! I swear!

Negative nancies... :p

As for Yahtzee, he bashes every game he reviews. Even games he likes he focuses more on the negative, that's his schtick. If he really does hate every single game ever made except for Saint's Row 2 and Portal, he has issues, but I don't believe he does.

sMull
01-22-09, 06:09 PM
Good review but i love the game.

NarcissistZero
01-22-09, 06:14 PM
Side note: they still list him as writing the back space column for PC Gamer, even though he only did it for like 4 issues.

Also, their new Unskippable series is funny.

bob saget
01-22-09, 07:53 PM
:rofl nice

sillyeagle
01-22-09, 09:02 PM
That's guys reviews are not serious. Last one I watched was nothing more than an attemt at comedy, as he was taking every game element and turning it into something bad. He was really digging for material and it made the "review" look like nothing more than an attempt to scrape up anything at all that could be used for a laugh.

JerseySeven
01-23-09, 12:03 PM
"turd coloured..." As someone who's played and finished the game, that cracks me up.

I can recommend some good monitor calibration software if you are tired of turd brown graphics.

ralinn
01-23-09, 01:41 PM
People actually take his reviews seriously!? lol!

evox
01-23-09, 02:25 PM
People actually take his reviews seriously!? lol!
Yahtzee was good for 5-6 episodes after that it was just stale crap. He tries so hard to be funny that it just fells apart.

ralinn
01-23-09, 02:28 PM
TBH, I've found a lot of his stuff funny, I've just never taken it seriously. At all. He's an awful reviewer.

crainger
01-23-09, 02:32 PM
I don't take him seriously, but even then he got old fast. So I just watch him even now and again. He stays funny and I have more time for playing games instead of hating them.

nemecb
01-23-09, 03:25 PM
I love his Painkiller review (hence my user text), and a couple of the references he has made recently cracked me up.

"I died more than the Nameless One in a blender."

And the Bear Grylls cameo in this one (there's nothing for me to quote, sadly).:rofl

K007
01-23-09, 03:43 PM
Funny as always and pretty spot on.

I might finish FC2...one day....its just too dam boring right now.

bob saget
01-23-09, 11:24 PM
Funny as always and pretty spot on.

I might finish FC2...one day....its just too dam boring right now.

its not worth it. seriously.

sillyeagle
01-23-09, 11:40 PM
I have more time for playing games instead of hating them.

Yeah it seems there's an awful of gamers that really hate games. Very few games do it for me anymore, unlike back in the day when nearly everything was fun, but if I don't like a game I don't play it. Hating games just fills me with hate, and while perhaps some guys like to fill them selves with hate, I don't.