PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon announcement!

3DBrad
01-22-09, 01:17 PM
http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51599

:D
Today Ubisoft has announced its Q3 financial announcement that a new Ghost Recon game is in the works. No other information will be released at this time but be sure that we will keep you updated when there is additional information available.

JohnDio
01-22-09, 01:28 PM
GRAW1/2 was developed by Grin and i'm sure that this time Ubisoft won't let them make the PC version. In other words... expect the "arcade" console version to be ported if and when it comes to PC

NarcissistZero
01-22-09, 06:25 PM
GRAW1/2 was developed by Grin and i'm sure that this time Ubisoft won't let them make the PC version. In other words... expect the "arcade" console version to be ported if and when it comes to PC

On what do you base this? They followed-up on the PC-only GRAW with a PC-only GRAW 2, so the first one must have been a success.

Honestly the console versions were better anyway... (don't hit me).

MaxFX
01-22-09, 06:48 PM
Agree they are way way better then the crappy sim for the Pc but then again I hate everything sim, in my book a game should be a game, fun easy and good to control.

To much tactic and realistic aiming or whatever is no way as crap like that never get on my comp :D

|MaguS|
01-22-09, 07:18 PM
How was the console version arcade shooter? It was everything the PC version was without the ability to control your squad and played in the third person...

I liked the PC version more though since being in the first person added more to the whole tactical feel that I loved about the early Rainbow Six games.

Both versions though are great games.

Misfire
01-22-09, 07:22 PM
I thought the PC versions were pretty bad, there was just something wrong with the A.I. , their reaction times were too instant, they would headshot you miliseconds before you even saw them. Basically, it just felt like you were playing against a bunch of aimbotters, really hard and unsatisfying.

Destroy
01-22-09, 07:28 PM
Well this is nice news. I'm guessing we all pretty much know what the console versions will be like but what the PC version will be and play like is a big ?.

|MaguS|
01-22-09, 07:29 PM
I thought the PC versions were pretty bad, there was just something wrong with the A.I. , their reaction times were too instant, they would headshot you miliseconds before you even saw them. Basically, it just felt like you were playing against a bunch of aimbotters, really hard and unsatisfying.

Well thats a Tom Clancy game for you... some of the worse AI in a FPS.

JohnDio
01-22-09, 08:02 PM
Indeed the AI (as the spawning of the enemies) is pathetic. Still though, i really enjoy the MP of GRAW2. They simply got it right with the various classes, various weapons (they really make a difference) and various modes. If the next installment is an FPS (at least the PC version) and has identical MP then i'll buy it regardless of the SP :p

PS: If Ubisoft were clever, they would make it as an FPS, increase the draw distance (major problem in GRAW2), tweak the AI to be better and use cleverly the spawning of the enemies. These things with ALL the tactical elements of GRAW2, its arsenal and a better game engine would make it perhaps the best GRAW game (i'm talking about the GRAW series, not the entire GR series ;) ). BUT that won't happen as Ubisoft doesn't really care, they will simply make a multiplatform game which is easier to develop (instead of developing two versions... even if they handed the PC version to Grin or another studio they would have to pay them, which means extra costs)

NarcissistZero
01-22-09, 09:29 PM
BUT that won't happen as Ubisoft doesn't really care, they will simply make a multiplatform game which is easier to develop (instead of developing two versions... even if they handed the PC version to Grin or another studio they would have to pay them, which means extra costs)

I like how you complain about them doing this when it's exactly what they didn't do before.

JohnDio
01-23-09, 04:38 AM
I like how you complain about them doing this when it's exactly what they didn't do before.

They handed the game to Grin and they didn't sell well (at least according to them) and do i have to remind you the minimal support of GRAW2? Don't get me wrong, i really hope that they'll learn from their mistakes, that they'll use a different game engine and that Ubisoft will have the balls to come up and say <<The previous GRAW PC games sales weren't as good as the X360s but you know what? This time arround it will be more polished and tactical>> instead of <<The previous GRAW PC games sales weren't as good as the X360s so this time arround we will port the successfull version to PC>>... i have this feeling that this time it will be the same version (which i guess will be third person). Yes this is entirely speculation and i'll be happy if it is an FPS, so we'll just have to wait and see ;)

NarcissistZero
01-23-09, 05:25 AM
Honestly if they port the console version I would probably be much happier, but... I don't know.

MaxFX
01-23-09, 07:00 AM
Sorry I thought about Rainbow Six, those games are much better as Ghost Recon got way to much tactic feel to me :D

nutcrackr
01-23-09, 07:59 AM
Never liked ghost recon, new or old.

/puts on flame suit :D