PDA

View Full Version : Deal: Tigerdirect - OCZ 3x2GB PC12800 139.99$ After 40$ Rebate

styles-T
01-23-09, 07:35 PM
I saw this at fatwallet and figured this deserved a post here since this price is decent. It's 40$ cheaper than Newegg. Its a decent deal for those looking to upgrade. You can add another 10% cash back using Live.com search for Tiger Direct.

Specifications
Memory Size: 3 x 2048MB
Memory Type: Triple Channel DDR3
Memory Speed: 1600Mhz PC12800
Memory CAS Latency: 8-8-8-24
Pins: 240

Link (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4282839&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=.7WaaTN6umc-prHk_giR0z3zMWxbqcwAbw)

methimpikehoses
01-23-09, 07:54 PM
Nice! Now if the x58's would drop a bit....

saturnotaku
01-24-09, 09:52 AM
Tax and shipping kill this for me. I could go to the local shop, but again, there's tax. Anyone who doesn't live in Florida or Illinois should definitely jump on this.

seeker
01-24-09, 09:33 PM
Personally, I would not buy another OCZ product, regardless of the MIR. On a recent purchase of one of their flash drives, which was supposed to have a $20 MIR, they claimed that I didn't send the UPC code in, and I know without any slight doubt, that I carefully stapled it to the rebate form and sales receipt, and with equal care sealed it into the envelope. It is simply their method of promoting sales without paying for it.

jcniest5
01-25-09, 12:28 AM
I have never had problem with OCZ sending out rebate. In such case as yours, you will want to go to their forum and post your problem there. They are known to quickly take any action necessary to remedy the problem. There are Mods who are also Tech Support Rep that can definitely help you. More than likely, the people who handle your rebate (which is a seperate company apart from OCZ themselves) that mishandles your rebate. OCZ is known to go the extra miles to make sure their loyal customers are taken care of. The rebate dept is actually located here in White Bear Lake, MN. OCZ is stationed in northern California somewhere.

saturnotaku
01-25-09, 12:32 AM
This is why you should always make photocopies of everything you send for a MIR. You never know if you might need them.

jcniest5
01-25-09, 01:12 AM
This is why you should always make photocopies of everything you send for a MIR. You never know if you might need them.

Yeap, I always do that just in case unless the rebate is just $5...you'll never know!