PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good sniper game!

pRATTICUS
01-24-09, 02:08 PM
Can anyone suggest a good sniper game?

I thought I read that FC2 had some really good sniper components to it, but cannot confirm.

Abraxus#
01-24-09, 02:51 PM
I played the demo of this one and it seemed pretty good:

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/681301/Sniper-Elite/Product.html

NarcissistZero
01-24-09, 02:54 PM
I thought I read that FC2 had some really good sniper components to it, but cannot confirm.

Yes.

You have to do some missions to open the first sniper rifle, then more to unlock the better rifles, but sniping in the game is AWESOME. You can clear a whole enemy camp/village from waaaay far away before any of them get near you. They might try and drive out to you, but you can snipe the driver.

Sniping in FC2 is great. Buy the camo suit, crouch and move through the grass... take 'em all out... avoid the checkpoints... it makes a 7 game a 9.5.

sillyeagle
01-24-09, 04:19 PM
Yeah FC2 is good for sniping. I didn't do a whole lot of sniping my self, but you could easily play through most of the game just as a sniper.

This is the first rifle you can unlock, followed by the Dragunov, and not sure about the last one as I haven't purchased it yet.

http://sio.midco.net/FTP5/fc245.jpg

bob saget
01-24-09, 05:56 PM
call of duty games have lots of sniping. Its selected, but in cod4 there are quite a bit of sniping missions, cod5 also has sniping.

In the multiplayer, after you get some experience, you can snipe alot also.

TheANIMAL
01-24-09, 06:57 PM
Just try a point and click adventure game, its the smae thing as sniping...

I'm just saying... :lol:

Koko56
01-26-09, 05:35 AM
Just try a point and click adventure game, its the smae thing as sniping...

I'm just saying... :lol:

Hey... I know where you got that from. I just forgot.

BF2!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

... can be quite good for sniping.

evox
01-26-09, 05:43 AM
Hey... I know where you got that from. I just forgot.

BF2!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

... can be quite good for sniping.

Absolutely not. Battlefield has terrible TERRIBLE hitboxes and hit-detection. Even direct headshot usually doesn't kill people.

OP, try Sniper Elite.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_Elite

Koko56
01-26-09, 06:09 AM
Absolutely not. Battlefield has terrible TERRIBLE hitboxes and hit-detection. Even direct headshot usually doesn't kill people.

OP, try Sniper Elite.

Well, from your experience. A few misses happen at times but it's far from terrible, like you say...

saguy
01-26-09, 11:49 AM
Yeah FC2 is good for sniping. I didn't do a whole lot of sniping my self, but you could easily play through most of the game just as a sniper.

This is the first rifle you can unlock, followed by the Dragunov, and not sure about the last one as I haven't purchased it yet.Agreed - FC2 has awesome sniping and it is the way I play all the time.

The rifles sound awesome unlike CO4 which sound suppressed. The STALKER games also have some fairly decent sniping.

Blade
01-26-09, 02:32 PM
Joint Operations Novalogic, real ballistics modelling, trajectory, bullet drop etc, great sniping in that game.

ahheadlock
01-26-09, 10:50 PM
Joint Operations Novalogic, real ballistics modelling, trajectory, bullet drop etc, great sniping in that game.

yeah i was going to say this too. That game is really satisfying to snipe in. A good sniper can be a real bastard in that game.

pRATTICUS
01-27-09, 08:56 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

In the Joint Operations line, I did some brief looking and it appears to be an online game akin to BF1942?

Can you tell me which game specifically in the line or is it the Typhoon Rising and Combat Arms games?

Blade
01-27-09, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

In the Joint Operations line, I did some brief looking and it appears to be an online game akin to BF1942?

Can you tell me which game specifically in the line or is it the Typhoon Rising and Combat Arms games?

Far more realistic than BF2, Joint operations is the main game & there is an add on too, still lots of fun & looks good despite being 4 years old!

Has co-op online as well as other gameplay types.

bu1basaur
01-27-09, 11:42 AM
Brothers in Arms series has great sniping moments if you're not against great WW2 games.

Feyy
01-27-09, 03:40 PM

OP, try Sniper Elite.

My dad used to play Sniper Elite. He was a big fan of snipering and he loved this one.
Definetaly worth a try imo! ;)

LurkerLito
01-27-09, 05:35 PM
I remember wanting to buy the Sniper Elite game but never did. I can't remember why, but it might have been because it had Starforce so I passed.

ahheadlock
01-27-09, 07:00 PM
i wonder if anyone still plays JO. I really liked that game.

i installed it a while ago and there were hardly any servers with players on it, none in AUS anyway.