PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Demo in XBL All Regions Marketplace

Pages : [1] 2

NaitoSan
01-26-09, 04:24 PM
It's out. :D

Mr. Hunt
01-26-09, 04:44 PM
Yeah played through both levels earlier... fun game, can't wait to play it on a decent controller.

Had to sign up for a new XBL account so I could get the demo though since I am not going to pay for Gold since I rarely ever even get on my 360.

NarcissistZero
01-26-09, 04:54 PM
I thought 4 was insanely overhyped, and this is just like 4, so... meh.

|MaguS|
01-26-09, 04:57 PM
RE is nolonger a survival horror game...

NaitoSan
01-26-09, 05:19 PM
Loved RE4, it's one of best RE around since 2. RE5 is really great, it has some horror factor going on there. Those possessed Africans do look really freaky, especially those with chainsaw.

This is heavily based on co-op it seems, which is a big addition for RE games. I'm really looking forward to this one, since the team behind RE5 is made up by people who worked on original RE. I have pre-ordered collector's edition of this one for 360. :D

NarcissistZero
01-26-09, 05:54 PM

Yes.

Only it still controls like one. And people praise it. WTF?

|MaguS|
01-26-09, 06:21 PM
I'm really looking forward to this one, since the team behind RE5 is made up by people who worked on original RE.

Doesn't mean much when the original creators and directors aren't associated with it.

NaitoSan
01-26-09, 06:45 PM
You people can be quite a bit cynical. :p

It does mean something to me, at least. Most important of all, if I like it... great! :thumbsup: I like how RE has changed, to keep the series fresh. After RE3 or so, the series has gotten a bit stale until RE4. RE4 introduced something completely different and brought back the series what it used to be. If you hate it, well that's fine. It's all about advancing the idea of gaming than reuse the same old concept of survival horror. RE5 could still consider loosely a survival horror game with new perspective.

JaylumX
01-26-09, 07:03 PM
The RE5 demo got me into the RE4 game. I wanted so much more i got a nice 21 hours of gameplay experience. I really cannot wait for RE5 to come out.

NarcissistZero
01-26-09, 07:14 PM
RE4 introduced something completely different and brought back the series what it used to be.

What?

It used to be a puzzle/survival horror game. RE4 made it a shooter.

NaitoSan
01-26-09, 07:31 PM
I see what you mean, but what I mean was, RE4 got "Resident Evil" back from getting stale. Ever since RE3, the series got a bit stale. Also it was losing its popularity and sales were declining.

|MaguS|
01-26-09, 08:18 PM
They could have kept the same concept with the style and look of RE4/5 but they ignored it all and just made it a shooter.

NaitoSan
01-26-09, 09:14 PM
Man, more I play RE5 demo... more I can't wait for it to come out in March. I hate waiting. :(

HiCZoK4
01-27-09, 11:56 AM
I hate that nonGold members waiting. Good I was able to grab japanse demo month ago from torrent:D

firehawk
01-27-09, 12:10 PM

its a survive in between the slow ass turning game

NaitoSan
01-27-09, 12:11 PM
You should be able to find pretty good deals on 1 year gold membership at any online stores like Amazon.com (don't know if they ship your area). Last time they had it on sale for $30 (don't know how much it'd be for you) including a free month. (13 months total)

NarcissistZero
01-27-09, 02:36 PM
You should be able to find pretty good deals on 1 year gold membership at any online stores like Amazon.com (don't know if they ship your area). Last time they had it on sale for $30 (don't know how much it'd be for you) including a free month. (13 months total)

Some people are just morally against paying any amount of money for the service, since it doesn't offer anything we should be paying for, and competitors like Steam and PSN don't offer for free.

crainger
01-28-09, 12:02 AM
My ISP pays for my Gold subscription. Plus Live downloads aren't counted towards my month quota. :;): makes up for having to pay 100 per month for 60gb limit on a 24Mbit connection.

nekrosoft13
01-28-09, 01:13 AM
Some people are just morally against paying any amount of money for the service, since it doesn't offer anything we should be paying for, and competitors like Steam and PSN don't offer for free.

very true, LIVE is the biggest ripoff from the start, i can't believe that there are so many people stupid enough to pay for it

crainger
01-28-09, 01:24 AM
I'm downloading demo now! Along with Ep9 of The Guild season 2!

kev13dd
01-28-09, 03:03 AM
very true, LIVE is the biggest ripoff from the start, i can't believe that there are so many people stupid enough to pay for it
I can safely say it's the most fun I've had for 10 cents a day

And I can also safely say the biggest rip off I've had certainly gave me a lot less fun for a lot more cost

Paying for something that's free on a different platform doesn't automatically a rip off make. Not to mention I've found it easier and more enjoyable to use than any free system (Steam or PSN) on those other platforms

You can refuse to pay all you want, but claiming anyone who does is stupid doesn't take away from any of the enjoyment people who are paying get out of it

K

NarcissistZero
01-28-09, 04:13 AM
You're having fun with it because you're playing good games online with friends though, it has nothing to do with what you pay MS.

crainger
01-28-09, 05:24 AM
The more money I give Microsoft the more friends and fun I have.

kev13dd
01-28-09, 06:32 AM
You're having fun with it because you're playing good games online with friends though, it has nothing to do with what you pay MS.
And the parties, friends list, messaging, centralized DLC marketplace, and Microsoft servers which host content on? All of that adds to the experience. Ease of use and functionality aren't directly "fun" but they enhance the fun you're already having

Xbox Live is similar to Steam on the PC. It's better integrated and has better features, and also costs more. It's not like all software, software maintenance, hardware maintance, etc, is free for companies. Just because Microsoft isn't hosting the servers you game on doesn't mean they don't still have hardware and people behind the scenes that makes it all possible

I'll agree that straight online play probably should be free. But just because you have to pay to get that doesn't mean that you aren't paying for other things too. Paying 10 cents a day

People pay 10 cents for a text message. Why shouldn't those be free? Afterall it's just using an existing network that you're already paying for on hardware that's already paid for. Or I suppose you could add a text message package to your bill. A subscription. Still, IM's online are free no matter what

I'd be plenty happy if Microsoft made it free, but I don't think people are stupid for paying for it

The more money I give Microsoft the more friends and fun I have.

I don't know about friends, but I don't imagine Microsoft is any different from any other company/product money wise. More money spent can yield more fun had. Buy a fast car, buy a toothpick. I'm sure both can be fun, I bet one can be more fun. One costs more

K

NaitoSan
01-28-09, 01:11 PM
+1

$4 per month or 10 cents per day, that's like nothing. That's a lot cheaper than buying a cup of coffee everyday. So far I've been enjoying playing online games on Live than on PSN. Someday Sony will start charging for PSN. In fact, I hope Sony will so that will get Sony to add more contents and features in PSN and better, faster servers. Sony doesn't provide servers for all games, Microsoft does.

The download on Live is blazing fast and lag-free in online games. I did experience lag in MGO and some games on PSN and download is often slow. Maybe it's on my connection but I doubt it.

I don't think it's stupid to pay for something that you enjoy. If Live was horrible, then I wouldn't have bothered to pay and stick with silver membership.