PDA

View Full Version : Help with RMA...

Koko56
01-28-09, 06:58 AM
To make it short.

A Razer Copperhead started to malfunction.
I requested RMA number from Razer
After a bit of time I got the replacement
It happened to be faulty too
So I send an e-mail to Razer saying that the replacement is not functioning as it should
After a few e-mails there and back the message was "we are on it"
They have been "on it" for almost 3 months now.

Anyone know how to make any progress? I have tried Consumer Direct (UK), but since the company (Razer) is based outside the UK they (CD) can not help. They have suggested contacting the European Consumer Center by phone.

I have now given an answer to the question almost, but right now I can not phone the ECC but it looks like the only option.

So the real question is: have any of you ever been in a similar situation, have you resolved it and how if so?

saturnotaku
01-28-09, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. While any hardware RMAs I've had have gone smoothly (eVGA, Logitech, and Western Digital support are top notch), your thread is of particular interest to me as I'm looking for a mouse upgrade of my own. I've been looking at Razer products (Habu and DeathAdder) and had sent the company an e-mail with some product questions. It took them 24 hours to even acknowledge that they received my e-mail; the message said that they'd respond within 24 hours and we're past that deadline with no response. Now, based on your problems, I think I'll be steering well clear of Razer and sticking with Logitech. Their support has been great whenever I've needed it.

I realize this diatribe doesn't help you, but it sure as heck helped me, so thanks. :)

Side note, I realize that the Habu has an MS badge on it but I've read nightmare support stories where customers were endlessly bounced back between MS and Razer.

Koko56
01-28-09, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. While any hardware RMAs I've had have gone smoothly (eVGA, Logitech, and Western Digital support are top notch), your thread is of particular interest to me as I'm looking for a mouse upgrade of my own. I've been looking at Razer products (Habu and DeathAdder) and had sent the company an e-mail with some product questions. It took them 24 hours to even acknowledge that they received my e-mail; the message said that they'd respond within 24 hours and we're past that deadline with no response. Now, based on your problems, I think I'll be steering well clear of Razer and sticking with Logitech. Their support has been great whenever I've needed it.

I realize this diatribe doesn't help you, but it sure as heck helped me, so thanks. :)

Side note, I realize that the Habu has an MS badge on it but I've read nightmare support stories where customers were endlessly bounced back between MS and Razer.

Ouch...

... and yes, you are welcome. :(

You mention the "we will reply within 24 hours" e-mail. Oh I've had a few of those. :/

I mean with the initial RMA request they were pretty good - seemed like human letters and the replies were quite fast - a few hours or so. But with this 2nd RMA request it looks like they are ignoring it. To put ir in a "rough" way.

Koko56
02-02-09, 02:44 PM
And update with a bump! :D

I have received an e-mail telling me that a replacement will be sent out by the end of this week at the latest, they also said that I can keep the current mouse. (ack)

I have took it out of the packaging and had a glance/feel and the right mouse button is pushed in, almost unclickable. I also tried to take some pictures of it, but I could not get any good ones, which would show the button.

Koko56
02-04-09, 08:16 AM
I have received the mouse today.

Now I have two Razer Copperhead mice, with the same problem. :crosseye:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee55/Koko56/004.jpg

Koko56
02-04-09, 01:18 PM
Did all the mice have the same problem?

If so it must just be a design flaw, and there won't be anything they can do about it :(

A design flaw? Well... no, not really. I don't know many mice which are designed to be broken. Think about it. ;)

The first Copperhead that I've had for almost 2 years was not like that, the one I've tried in a shop was not like that. So now I have two faulty mice. :(

Koko56
02-24-09, 07:47 AM
UPDATE!!!!

I have received the 3rd mouse and even though the box felt more rigid and the mouse buttons were more responsive this time around, the RMB was still about 50/50 and did not have a definite response. I told that to Razer and they said that they can't send anymore replacements as this latest one has passed the "quality control"...

I wonder whether the replacements are genuine new mice or not... it certainly does not seem so right now.

I think they also implied that the previous two mice have also passed the quality control. Well, talk about poor QC then, ehhh?

I wonder, now what? :o

Starscream
02-24-09, 08:46 AM
I wonder, now what? :o

Well now it's time to give up on these idiots and buy a mouse from another company.

Koko56
02-24-09, 01:03 PM
Well now it's time to give up on these idiots and buy a mouse from another company.

I think out of all, I prefer the Copperhead.

wysiwyg
02-24-09, 04:30 PM
sell it on ebay before it fails on you like the previous 2

also i have a deathadder which i now use at work and is excellent but for home gaming i have a Roccat Kone and have heard reports on the middle wheel breaking, luckily mine seems ok still after about 5 months or so now, it squeeks ever so slightly when i scroll though (yeah i know mice are meant to :P)

great mouse still

saturnotaku
02-24-09, 06:02 PM
This whole saga makes me glad I decided to go with the G9.

Koko56
02-25-09, 02:01 PM
sell it on ebay before it fails on you like the previous 2

also i have a deathadder which i now use at work and is excellent but for home gaming i have a Roccat Kone and have heard reports on the middle wheel breaking, luckily mine seems ok still after about 5 months or so now, it squeeks ever so slightly when i scroll though (yeah i know mice are meant to :P)

great mouse still
Haha!

As for selling it on ebay... meh - I'm would not like to do that to people.
This whole saga makes me glad I decided to go with the G9.

Hey, the actual working-good-mouse I've had (the very first one) was great!

Koko56
02-27-09, 06:04 AM
Pictures:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee55/Koko56/IMG_2036.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee55/Koko56/IMG_2042.jpg

Also - wysiwyg - I have not actually used any of those mice at all, just clicked them as I took them out of the box.

Another "update":

The latest e-mail suggests that I send it out to the USA as the testing of the latest mouse was done in the EU office and has... passed. So... send it to the USA and receive feedback from them...

Just a note - I had a look at the shipping costs with UPS and it came to about 60. Great! :p

I guess the only options are ECS or sending it to the USA, if I can get cheaper shipping that is!

wysiwyg
02-27-09, 09:11 AM
what about Airshure at Royal mail

i was scared to use them when i sent my GTX280 to evga step up as I have had many packages go missing meant for me with royal mail but the card got there fine

Koko56
02-27-09, 04:13 PM

i was scared to use them when i sent my GTX280 to evga step up as I have had many packages go missing meant for me with royal mail but the card got there fine

Hmmm.. that would make it around 10. :o

Nay, ECS it might have to be I guess. :(

AthlonXP1800
02-28-09, 02:32 AM

I used Airsure when I send faulty BFG Geforce 6800GT OC to BFG years ago with no problem, fantastic fast service. :)

Koko56
03-11-09, 04:28 PM
A little update I guess: I've decided to leave it.

I had the original mouse for almost two years and it was a very good mouse while I had it.

Now I have 3 semi-working mice - will try to take them apart and see if anything can be done. After all, I sent an e-mail to Razer "do you want your broken mice back" and got one saying "No, you need not send the mice back to us. Thank you.". :p

Thought just thinking about that... how can they just leave me with whole three "working" mice?

:p

Koko56
03-11-09, 04:29 PM
A little update I guess: I've decided to leave it.

I had the original mouse for almost two years and it was a very good mouse while I had it.

Now I have 3 semi-working mice - will try to take them apart and see if anything can be done. After all, I sent an e-mail to Razer "do you want your broken mice back" and got one saying "No, you need not send the mice back to us. Thank you.". :p

Thought just thinking about that... how can they just leave me with whole three... "working" mice?

Ehhh.... :p

Koko56
03-19-09, 09:43 AM
Hi... :D

I though "why not and plug the mouse in?" (the one in the best condition, or mouse number 3), so I did and now it's being used as a mouse. The RMB is lacking crispness and I could say that the LMB is also a bit... "not crisp". The mouse wheel click is quite a bit louder than normal. Just about all of the buttons just feel "stale" and I'm not too sure if I will keep using it for too long.

Razer Copperhead is a very good mouse, exceptional even, though now even if I want to buy a new one - my confidence is dented - as in whether I would get one of quality I expect, or a similar mouse to the one plugged into my computer now, that has been sent out as a replacement.

I also note that the the first Copperhead - the one I bought was withing the 2 year warranty only by a few weeks if not days when the double clicking started.

I've taken the 2nd replacement apart as it just was not clicking at all with the main MBs, so pics:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=36080&stc=1&d=1237473751
btw - that was taken after I took it apart and tried to put it back together, though I've ended up with this :p : http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=36081&stc=1&d=1237473751

CaptNKILL
03-19-09, 02:44 PM
I've fixed the buttons on Logitech mice before. I don't know if Razer's are harder to work on though.

Basically its either the tiny "button" component that's soldered onto the circuit board or its the contact point for it on the outer button that you press.

I've seen the contact points actually wear a little groove in them from the mouse button. Sticking a little glue in there and smoothing it over will fix it.

If its the actual button component you can probably steal one from a generic working mouse. If you don't have any spare old mice laying around, you could always try taking two working buttons from the mice that you have and using them to make one good mouse. If you don't know how to solder though, you're out of luck. This isn't a hard job but its not real easy either.

Koko56
03-19-09, 02:48 PM
I've fixed the buttons on Logitech mice before. I don't know if Razer's are harder to work on though.

Basically its either the tiny "button" component that's soldered onto the circuit board or its the contact point for it on the outer button that you press.

I've seen the contact points actually wear a little groove in them from the mouse button. Sticking a little glue in there and smoothing it over will fix it.

If its the actual button component you can probably steal one from a generic working mouse. If you don't have any spare old mice laying around, you could always try taking two working buttons from the mice that you have and using them to make one good mouse. If you don't know how to solder though, you're out of luck. This isn't a hard job but its not real easy either.

Well, I barely put the mouse back together - and that was without the ... erm... power cord. :o

So soldering is not really an option and pulling out buttons from the PCB... well, not too tempting. :p