PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 2 Reviews!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
01-29-09, 12:37 PM
IGN has posted their review of Killzone 2 and it received a 9.4. They state its a great SP experience and an even better online experience. A must own for any PS3 owner according to them. :D

They do mention some technical flaws (what game is without any?) but they said they are so minor and can be easily overlooked. I love how they constantly reference the coop feel of the game, we all know Gorilla has plans to release a coop patch for the game in the future as DLC.

Best thing I read is that the AI is really good on the harder difficulties and that only the first two difficulties show some signs of being dumb (mostly delays in actions to help people with slow reaction times).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html

Toss3
01-29-09, 12:58 PM
IGN has posted their review of Killzone 2 and it received a 9.4. They state its a great SP experience and an even better online experience. A must own for any PS3 owner according to them. :D

They do mention some technical flaws (what game is without any?) but they said they are so minor and can be easily overlooked. I love how they constantly reference the coop feel of the game, we all know Gorilla has plans to release a coop patch for the game in the future as DLC.

Best thing I read is that the AI is really good on the harder difficulties and that only the first two difficulties show some signs of being dumb (mostly delays in actions to help people with slow reaction times).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html

Anyone want to sell me their ps3? :bleh:

ralinn
01-29-09, 12:58 PM
But what about the textureszszees\kdeh\s;kdhsd;h!?1

*gasp*

Looking real ace, can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

ralinn
01-29-09, 01:03 PM
Eurogamer Review:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-2-review

9/10

Toss3
01-29-09, 01:19 PM
IGN's Video review (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/killzone2_vidreview_012909.html)

The flamethrower looks pretty lame I must say.. :o

NaitoSan
01-29-09, 01:25 PM
I'm getting it for $10 from my friend at Sony. Hoo-ray! But I have to wait for a week at least. Sony is slow at getting games shipped out from their company store. :(

Buenamos
01-29-09, 01:32 PM
sweet! can't wait!!!

Starscream
01-29-09, 01:34 PM
IGN's Video review (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/killzone2_vidreview_012909.html)

The flamethrower looks pretty lame I must say.. :o

Oh it's brutal in that clip.

Friggin' RTCW has a much nicer flamethrower effect and it came out in 2001.

http://www.porse.cz/programy-img/Return%20to%20Castle%20Wolfenstein%20.jpg

Otherwise the video is pretty neat and I'd like to try this game.

saturnotaku
01-29-09, 01:38 PM
I canceled my FEAR 2 pre-order and will be getting this instead. Despite the **** I flung in its direction in another thread, I think it'll be more worth my time than FEAR.

Mr. Hunt
01-29-09, 01:57 PM
Looks great... only problem I could see was the flamethrower effects... and I hate using flamethrowers in games anyway, so I doubt I will notice it much myself :\.

|MaguS|
01-29-09, 02:07 PM
Think they were going for this effect with the Flamethrower, one more napalm based...
http://vietnamresearch.com/flame/info/flamethrower-boat.jpg

This is the flamethrower were use to seeing...
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

Mr. Hunt
01-29-09, 02:12 PM
Yeah I thought of that... but most people are just use to "THE" flamethrower.

ralinn
01-29-09, 02:21 PM
mmmm napalm

tornadog
01-29-09, 03:06 PM
when's it coming out?

Starscream
01-29-09, 04:36 PM
Yeah I thought of that... but most people are just use to "THE" flamethrower.

If that's the look they are going for they should make it look like this.

thaP_5d8ZpQ

tornadog
01-29-09, 05:20 PM
finally a game to buy in 2009!!!

NarcissistZero
01-29-09, 06:12 PM
Not to be a negative nancy when I usually complain about that, but Resistance got 9+ scores as well and was, at least in my opinion, a fairly average-good FPS.

I look forward to being blown away though, if it lives up to the hype.

(More excited about FEAR 2 though :P )

Marvel_us
01-29-09, 06:44 PM
Just in time for my birthday, well 3 days after but close enough. Looking forward to the multiplayer. If you're into multiplayer and not on my friends list, send me a request so we can play or even start a clan if we have enough people.

NaitoSan
01-29-09, 07:21 PM
Agreed, napalm thrower doesn't look quite right. Doesn't matter, the whole game does look impressive, especially on train level.

RTCW still have best flamethrower effect.

firehawk
01-29-09, 09:05 PM
idk what this gen has against color and "realism"

im renting first... i got way too many other fps i still play. hope the Mp is good :)

|MaguS|
01-29-09, 10:53 PM
idk what this gen has against color and "realism"

im renting first... i got way too many other fps i still play. hope the Mp is good :)

Um, If you have bothered to watch any videos on the game you would see that it has a good use of color. Theres not "brown" look to the game...

And what about realism? It's a shooter that takes place in the future on a distant world...

firehawk
01-30-09, 11:49 AM
Um, If you have bothered to watch any videos on the game you would see that it has a good use of color. Theres not "brown" look to the game...

And what about realism? It's a shooter that takes place in the future on a distant world...

its all brown or grey with the occasional lens flare effect or lighting effect to brighten it up...just looks muddy to me. i get that half of that is because of the environments it takes place in.

"real" (i used the term loosely) as in not stylized or going for a unique look.

NaitoSan
01-30-09, 12:21 PM
its all brown or grey with the occasional lens flare effect or lighting effect to brighten it up...just looks muddy to me. i get that half of that is because of the environments it takes place in.

"real" (i used the term loosely) as in not stylized or going for a unique look.
Have you actually gone to, say, abandoned factory or watch some movie that's set in the future? Often the color is limited, slight washed out with some exceptions like lights from their armors or something.

It's part of communicating the art of atmosphere and expression. Killzone 2 is a dark, gritty futuristic sci-fi game which you should have known. The planet Helghast is a barren, unforgiving world. Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Seriously you're saying that you want Killzone 2 to be bright, colorful like Super Mario Galaxy? Maybe you don't understand the art.

It's about understanding the purpose of game and how color play the role to tell the story, the mood. I thought Killzone 2 does well in that area.

NarcissistZero
01-30-09, 04:19 PM
Let's be honest though, a lot of the dark and gray look has been done over and over this generation, and is getting kind of tiring. I was so excited to see how colorful FEAR 2 is.

Also, I have a feeling the dark look is to hide flaws.

firehawk
01-30-09, 06:40 PM
Have you actually gone to, say, abandoned factory or watch some movie that's set in the future? Often the color is limited, slight washed out with some exceptions like lights from their armors or something.

It's part of communicating the art of atmosphere and expression. Killzone 2 is a dark, gritty futuristic sci-fi game which you should have known. The planet Helghast is a barren, unforgiving world. Helghan provides a ready defense with thick, acidic air, dust clouds, and violent surgical lightning storms. Seriously you're saying that you want Killzone 2 to be bright, colorful like Super Mario Galaxy? Maybe you don't understand the art.

It's about understanding the purpose of game and how color play the role to tell the story, the mood. I thought Killzone 2 does well in that area.

no i get it.

but after that 5/6 hours of story are over...im going to be looking at grey and brown while trying to play mp. a little variety would be nice for that portion of the game. i honestly don't care about the sp as it looks pretty run of the mill from everything ive seen, also you can be dark and gritty without having to use a mute color pallet. i understand art very well seeing how its my profession =\

and not that it really matters but i use to live beside an abandoned meat cannery as a kid and we played in it all the time, i sorta do know what one looks like lol