PDA

View Full Version : Oh...for the love of God!? (Need For Speed is back)

Medion
01-30-09, 09:23 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57012

My favorite part:

And lastly, Black Box and EA Shanghai are working on Need for Speed World Online. Developed exclusively for the PC, the free-to-play racing MMO will launch in Asia first, before coming to North America.

It's been shown time and time again - release an MMO in Asia first, and the USA won't care. No one likes starting behind, or buying an MMO on release date where every secret has been discovered. Simultaneous launch, or failure. EA has chosen failure.

saturnotaku
01-30-09, 09:26 AM
Need for Speed Shift looks interesting. Hopefully it will be a return to the franchise's roots of licensed exotic cars going really fast around closed-circuit tracks.

Bearclaw
01-30-09, 09:46 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57012

My favorite part:

It's been shown time and time again - release an MMO in Asia first, and the USA won't care. No one likes starting behind, or buying an MMO on release date where every secret has been discovered. Simultaneous launch, or failure. EA has chosen failure.

QFT.

EA is full of idiots.

Medion
01-30-09, 10:06 AM
Need for Speed Shift looks interesting. Hopefully it will be a return to the franchise's roots of licensed exotic cars going really fast around closed-circuit tracks.

Seems like it won't happen.

The PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PSP are set to receive Need for Speed Shift, described as a "hardcore racing simulation". Development is being handled by UK start-up Slightly Mad Studios, with production overseen by Black Box executive producer Michael Mann and DICE co-founder Patrick Soderlund.

Bearclaw
01-30-09, 10:12 AM
Yes, zer0, yes.

LordJuanlo
01-30-09, 10:25 AM
No one likes starting behind, or buying an MMO on release date where every secret has been discovered. Simultaneous launch, or failure. EA has chosen failure.

Now you feel like an European my friend, most games are released here some days (or even weeks) later. A good example is PC version of Saints Row 2, that was released yesterday in Europe.

I have said it a lot of times, different launch dates for different regions is ONLY good for pirates.

BioHazZarD
01-31-09, 04:53 AM
Another mmo again ? the first online flopped bigtime..

|MaguS|
01-31-09, 08:17 AM
I think this could be a good turn for the series. A realistic racing sim could be a nice change from the usual crap they put forward. I would have loved it to go back to their previous series standards but oh well.

Oh and this is being developed by the guys who did GRID so it has possibilities.

NaitoSan
01-31-09, 12:14 PM
I think this could be a good turn for the series. A realistic racing sim could be a nice change from the usual crap they put forward. I would have loved it to go back to their previous series standards but oh well.

Oh and this is being developed by the guys who did GRID so it has possibilities.
You mean GTR racing sim series?

Amaury
01-31-09, 03:32 PM
Need for Speed Shift - (Fall 09)

http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o-matic.x?/images/sshots/Screenshot/11385/11385_498325a634f7c.jpg

The PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PSP are set to receive Need for Speed Shift, described as a "hardcore racing simulation". Development is being handled by UK start-up Slightly Mad Studios, with production overseen by Black Box executive producer Michael Mann and DICE co-founder Patrick Soderlund. Slightly Mad Studios was founded by veterans of SimBin and Blimey!, and is said to include "the core development team" responsible for the GTR racing sim series.

Sounds good to me :)

Imbroglio
01-31-09, 08:31 PM
i agree while this may not be the NFS series of old. it'll be nice to have a new kid on the block that isn't GT nor Forza. I mean honestly, console sim racers don't exactly have a lot of content to choose from.

six_storm
01-31-09, 08:43 PM
Why are they even trying with a new NFS game? A NFS MMO game sounds like a decent idea but how far can you REALLY go with that versus other MMOs? Just GIVE IT UP EA!!!!!

Bman212121
02-01-09, 11:00 AM
Why are they even trying with a new NFS game? A NFS MMO game sounds like a decent idea but how far can you REALLY go with that versus other MMOs? Just GIVE IT UP EA!!!!!

You mean run around and grind or PvP all the time? I think they can figure out a way to make a racing mmo as good as that. :p