PDA

View Full Version : RE5 Available on JP PSN

Pages : [1] 2

Marvel_us
02-01-09, 11:45 PM
For those who have a Japanese account the demo is up. 942mb

Mr. Hunt
02-02-09, 12:38 AM
Awesome... going to go ahead and wait for it to hit the US PSN later on in the day... can't wait to play this dang demo with a decent controller.

BioHazZarD
02-02-09, 05:41 AM
Its up on the EU store aswell now.

Marvel_us
02-02-09, 08:27 AM
Awesome... going to go ahead and wait for it to hit the US PSN later on in the day... can't wait to play this dang demo with a decent controller.

Oh I didn't know it would be out later on in the day. Oh well, everything in the demo is in English. I'm really having a hard time with the controls.:(

|MaguS|
02-02-09, 08:47 AM
I have no interest in this game... wheres my Killzone 2 Demo!?

saturnotaku
02-02-09, 08:48 AM
wheres my Killzone 2 Demo!?

3 days if you have a pre-order code from Gamestop. Though I think it'll be available on the Euro PSN store the same day if you don't have a code.

|MaguS|
02-02-09, 08:53 AM
3 days if you have a pre-order code from Gamestop. Though I think it'll be available on the Euro PSN store the same day if you don't have a code.

Sweet, I plan on getting it at Best Buy since I have a $10 off due to rewards. :)

Marvel_us
02-02-09, 11:10 AM
Finally found the control scheme I can play with. The demo is really fun if you have someone to play co-op with. I feel even better about my pre-order now.

Kz2 I think is SP only and the game doesn't even have co-op which is kind of a let down for me. Multiplayer will be the best part of the game for me anyway.

|MaguS|
02-02-09, 11:28 AM
Killzone 2 will have coop DLC in the future according to rumors.

Mr. Hunt
02-02-09, 12:35 PM
Up on the US store, also.

Marvel_us
02-02-09, 02:15 PM
Killzone 2 will have coop DLC in the future according to rumors.

Meh, I won't get my hopes up. If it happens it happens. The amount of time that they've been working on the game, on top of that it got delayed, I don't see why there's no co-op at launch.

Mr. Hunt
02-02-09, 03:27 PM
Just got done playing through both levels on the PS3 version and I am so glad I preordered this version... controls feel so much better, and the good d-pad is actually nice because you can use it to quickly switch your weapons in your inventory (since now going into your inventory will NOT pause the action). Only thing I hope for in the final version is a way to arrange your inventory because I don't want right on the d-pad to equip ammo :\... but hopefully they fix that.

|MaguS|
02-02-09, 05:28 PM
And difference between the X360 and PS3 versions? Earlier reports said the PS3 version was gimped to hell but Kotaku corrected the comparisons thats another site did by stating that the X360 version demo'd to the media was a newer build then the PS3 version.

JaylumX
02-02-09, 07:22 PM
Though i have both system i think i will be getting the 360 version because i'm not used to the PS3's controls for the game. I completed RE4 on my PC twice (money well spent) last month and i used the 360 gamepad with the tweak that changes all the buttons images to that of the 360. Using type C gamepad configuratuion on RE5 demo (the default for RE4) playing on the 360 was a lot more comfortable for me.

Well still a month till the games release....we will see.

Awesome demo BTW

|MaguS|
02-02-09, 07:47 PM
Don't like it... aiming is horrid and the movement controls are just aweful.

Marvel_us
02-02-09, 10:37 PM
Don't like it... aiming is horrid and the movement controls are just aweful.

Have you tried any of the other control settings? I found that Type D worked the best for me even though it still required a bit of a learning curve. Game was much more enjoyable after that for me.

|MaguS|
02-02-09, 11:18 PM
The whole having to press X to run is what annoyed me, cant run and navigate areas well with the control layout...

Mr. Hunt
02-02-09, 11:59 PM
And difference between the X360 and PS3 versions? Earlier reports said the PS3 version was gimped to hell but Kotaku corrected the comparisons thats another site did by stating that the X360 version demo'd to the media was a newer build then the PS3 version.

Didn't notice many differences... both had a tiny bit of slowdown, but nothing major, and the 360 version had screen tearing pretty bad and I haven't noticed it at all in the PS3 version (yet).

The whole having to press X to run is what annoyed me, cant run and navigate areas well with the control layout...

You can also click in the left analog ;).

|MaguS|
02-03-09, 12:04 AM
Didn't notice many differences... both had a tiny bit of slowdown, but nothing major, and the 360 version had screen tearing pretty bad and I haven't noticed it at all in the PS3 version (yet).

You can also click in the left analog ;).

Oh, On screen didn't prompt me that. But its still stupid, why not just provide real analog controls...

Mr. Hunt
02-03-09, 12:15 AM
Oh, On screen didn't prompt me that. But its still stupid, why not just provide real analog controls...

Yeah the onscreen thing sucks... a lot of stuff isn't explained really... you can also hold circle to bring up a menu of what to say to your partner (which controls them in COOP, I believe). And also, like I said before you can use the d-pad to equip different items without even going into the inventory screen, which isn't shown on the controls either.

LurkerLito
02-03-09, 06:59 PM
I have to agree I just tried the demo and I really didn't like it. The controls feel real awkward. Maybe I need to play it again, but something about it just feels off.

saturnotaku
02-03-09, 07:44 PM
I have to agree I just tried the demo and I really didn't like it. The controls feel real awkward.

Enemy spamming only really works in fast paced FPS games. This game is neither fast paced nor an FPS. As such, it just doesn't work.

Mr. Hunt
02-03-09, 07:46 PM
Enemy spamming only really works in fast paced FPS games. This game is neither fast paced nor an FPS. As such, it just doesn't work.

Bah... you just need to learn how to pick your shots right... best thing is to shoot them in the head, then run up to the one you shot and hit square... you will melee them and usually knock down the other enemies in front of you.

|MaguS|
02-03-09, 07:52 PM
Bah... you just need to learn how to pick your shots right... best thing is to shoot them in the head, then run up to the one you shot and hit square... you will melee them and usually knock down the other enemies in front of you.

Yeah but with controls so aweful its kinda hard to do that.

saturnotaku
02-03-09, 07:53 PM
Yeah but with controls so aweful its kinda hard to do that.

^ This.

RE4 on the Cube did it best.