PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Setpoint 5.10 for G9/G9x mice available

saturnotaku
02-03-09, 04:04 PM
For all you G9 owners out there, Logitech has released a special version of Setpoint for 32- and 64-bit versions of XP and Vista. It's apparently for the G9 only, so G5 and G7 owners are SOL for now. It's a different interface than typical Setpoint fare. It also seems pretty stable so far.

I just got my G9 today and am already liking it better than my MX518, as I can more easily reach the two thumb buttons. Gonna have a bit of tweaking to do, especially trying to nail down sensitivity while using the adjustable weights. So far so good, though. :D

LordJuanlo
02-04-09, 03:35 AM
I think it's the first driver update since launch

crainger
02-04-09, 04:51 AM
The G9s series have always had a slightly different setpoint. I've had mine for well over a year now. Download 5.10 now. ::):

Logical
02-04-09, 08:29 AM
Setpoint 5.10 fails or at least the 64-bit version does. When the G9 switches profile automatically it reverts back to default 800 DPI (2 LED's) each time. So when im playing a game i will put the mouse speed upto 3200DPI then say i minimize into windows the mouse switches profile back to standard from gaming at 800 DPI...i then enter the game again only for it to have reset the DPI in game too.

Big hassle, ive reverted the drivers back for the time being.

saturnotaku
02-04-09, 09:03 AM
Setpoint 5.10 fails or at least the 64-bit version does. When the G9 switches profile automatically it reverts back to default 800 DPI (2 LED's) each time. So when im playing a game i will put the mouse speed upto 3200DPI then say i minimize into windows the mouse switches profile back to standard from gaming at 800 DPI...i then enter the game again only for it to have reset the DPI in game too.

Big hassle, ive reverted the drivers back for the time being.

When you downloaded the software package, there was a link to provide Logitech with feedback. Make sure you report this issue to them.

Logical
02-04-09, 09:55 AM
When you downloaded the software package, there was a link to provide Logitech with feedback. Make sure you report this issue to them.

Yes i already left them an email...

Lfctony
02-04-09, 10:22 AM
Noticed the same thing here... :(

LordJuanlo
02-04-09, 10:51 AM
Wow, this is great, the first update since launch with such a big bug. I won't bother downloading

saturnotaku
02-04-09, 10:58 AM
Make sure to report it. Though I've not tested my G9 enough to experience this bug (yet), I'll send them an e-mail as well. That's the only way this stuff is going to get fixed.

Logical
02-04-09, 05:04 PM
More info on this bug here....

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=gseriesmice&thread.id=921&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Good news is Logitech are aware of this bug and do have a fix but they dont have a date on the release of the fix or wether it may be in the next setpoiont version. ^^

Logical
02-04-09, 05:04 PM
eek double post.

Yaboze
02-04-09, 06:30 PM
I don't even use drivers with my MX518, I just use the middle setting and all the buttons work.