PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead - New Game Mode, Versus Maps, SDK - 2/5/09

H4yd3n
02-05-09, 02:41 PM
The first L4D DLC - dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game is also heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

Go here to read more: http://www.left4dead411.com/news/2009/02/new-game-mode/

grey_1
02-05-09, 02:53 PM
Nice - there are some good looking mods already in the works also.

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php

H4yd3n
02-05-09, 02:57 PM
Gttv showing preview of survival mode Friday at 1am on Spike tv.
http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=9743

CaptNKILL
02-05-09, 03:01 PM
I can't tell from the article if this is going to be free for PC users.

I hope so. :D

H4yd3n
02-05-09, 03:02 PM
I'm 70% sure it's free for PC, 99% sure it's not for xbox.

BioHazZarD
02-05-09, 04:35 PM
Spring ?? sigh are they kidding.. :(

ChaoticNick
02-05-09, 05:03 PM
Spring ?? sigh are they kidding.. :(

Indeed. I've been playing in anticipation of new content, maybe I'll just take a break till the stuff comes out:(

|MaguS|
02-05-09, 05:09 PM
Im not very excited about this. One they are not adding any official campaigns to the single player and im willing to bet that they will just make the two locked campaigns available to versus mode. Only new thing I expect is the gameplay mode and the SDK...

I hope that custom campaigns are seemlessly intergrated into the match making so I don't have to install them manually into the games dir.

NarcissistZero
02-05-09, 09:37 PM
I am super jazzed about the SDK... I bought the game not just for the day one content, but the mods that are sure to come. As long as they release the SDK for free in the near future, I am happy.

That said, I really don't understand why so many on the Steam forum think this is going to be paid-for DLC. It's simply a new mode and an unlocking of modes on the two maps... no one would charge for that, especially not Valve.

If they ever release new "movies" I could see charging for that, maybe, but it might be worth it too.

Crow_Nest
02-05-09, 11:11 PM
I just hope PC users wont be forced to pay for this. But knowing valve, i doubt they will.

nutcrackr
02-06-09, 02:03 AM
2nd of May? Day Month Year. Learn it, Love it.

Who am I kidding, you guys are still using feet and inches :rolleyes:
----

Patch news is very disappointing.

No use of the word "new" and emphasis on versus mode, rather than campaign says to me death toll and dead air - which are already ****ing playable by modders in versus. These should be out already ffs.

six_storm
02-06-09, 07:39 AM
Sounds good to me! I haven't played L4D in a while so this will be fun once I get some decent playing time.