PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty World at War 1.2 patch info

rudedog
02-05-09, 10:10 PM
I should have the file early am to be mirrored by 12 noon EST, 9 PST. We're getting the files in the am, no word on the linux bits....

As such, I wanted to shed some light on precisely what Patch 1.2 has fixed. But first, Id like to introduce a NEW MAP weve included in this patch Makin Day.

Items addressed in 1.2:
* Free Multiplayer Map! The tide is out and the sun is high this daytime version of Makin sheds new light on the battle!
* Fixed exploits that allowed for power ranking servers.
* Fixed router related server authentication errors.
* Fixed HTTP Redirect functionality for downloading mods
* Fixed sound device crashes stemming from Emulated Sound Devices
* Fixed exploit which allowed players to color their name tag.
* Hits now register properly while targeted player is leaning.
* Enabled /cg_drawfps in multiplayer games.
* Fixed command-line +connect functionality
* /cg_fov no longer resets to the default value in between matches.
* Dedicated servers automatically reconnect to the Master Server in case the Master Server resets.
* "Accept Game Invite" is bound to its default key, F10.
* Implemented fix for attempting to join password protected servers from the server browser.
* Fine tuned Bolt-Action Rifles for balance.
* Screenshots no longer overwrite each other.
* Fixed various multiplayer map related issues and exploits.

We are aware that /record is not on this list, but are happy to say weve already begun working on a Patch 1.3 which will address /record. More details on that patch will emerge after the 1.2 release.

So get ready to get your frag on Patch 1.2 is releasing TOMORROW, Feb. 6th 2009! Mirrors should start being made available in the morning, PST.

Regards,
-JD

methimpikehoses
02-05-09, 10:25 PM
nice!

no more power ranking servers... but the damage is already done... lol

mojoman0
02-05-09, 10:30 PM
how about a less retarded spawn system?

nekrosoft13
02-05-09, 10:39 PM
haha, completly forgot about this game

bob saget
02-05-09, 11:30 PM
cod4 :bleh:

methimpikehoses
02-05-09, 11:52 PM
cod4 :bleh:

(wack)(wack)(wack)

bacon12
02-06-09, 01:12 AM
Too late I am afraid. This ship has sailed and they should have gotten this patch out over 45 days ago.

Sobbsy
02-06-09, 01:43 AM

I'm sorry. This is an exploit? Right, sure, whatever. Better give these guys a time machine so they can go back to when Quake 3 was released and give those guys at iD a real earfull.

Let this be a warning to all of you would-be individuals : DO NOT MAKE ANY PART OF YOUR NAME COLOURED OR I SWEAR TO GOD, TREYARCH WILL **** YOU UP.

Abraxus#
02-06-09, 03:47 AM

They probably did it so malicious exploiters can't change their name tag colours and pretend to be mods in order to steal accounts from panicked players...

rudedog
02-06-09, 06:02 AM

I'm sorry. This is an exploit? Right, sure, whatever. Better give these guys a time machine so they can go back to when Quake 3 was released and give those guys at iD a real earfull.

Let this be a warning to all of you would-be individuals : DO NOT MAKE ANY PART OF YOUR NAME COLOURED OR I SWEAR TO GOD, TREYARCH WILL **** YOU UP.

The issue is, a player can change his name tag to green in game, thus making the other team think he is on their side.

Normally the other team's names are in red..

Logical
02-06-09, 07:49 AM
Oooooh i cant wait for modern warfare 2.... :p

rudedog
02-06-09, 02:24 PM
Patch is out, links and info in this thread
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1924919#post1924919

Buenamos
02-06-09, 02:56 PM
Can't install the patch since I downloaded it through steam. I have to wait for steam to update it.....lame.

mailman2
02-06-09, 03:19 PM
Can't install the patch since I downloaded it through steam. I have to wait for steam to update it.....lame.

thats always the case.