PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to install Vista Ultimate Help!

Albo
02-09-09, 05:19 PM
I have a 150GB that I want to partition into a 125 GB for Vista Ultimate, and another 25Gb for XP Pro. How would I go about to do that??? Also, I want to be able to dual-boot.

I only have 1HD (this one) will that be a problem?

What should I do first?

Thanks

Wolfhound
02-10-09, 02:41 AM
First do a partition for XP (25G), install and after install Vista on the rest of disk.

Thatīs it

ViN86
02-10-09, 08:47 AM
any real reason to dual boot? (ie programs that wont run in Vista that you absolutely need)

go with Vista, skip the XP.

otherwise follow Wolfhound.

Albo
02-10-09, 08:17 PM
I got it to work and everything, but an error popped up in XP, I forgot the full thing but everytime I tried to open a program it said the configuartions weren't right (and I should reinstall to see if it would work) I did same deal I uninstalled it, the 25GB is still there, maybe sometime in the future ..

BTW I wanted XP for Far Cry 1 mostly, and some other little stuff but, when I played FC with vista, I'd get EVERYTHING white. :(

Toss3
02-11-09, 01:05 AM
I got it to work and everything, but an error popped up in XP, I forgot the full thing but everytime I tried to open a program it said the configuartions weren't right (and I should reinstall to see if it would work) I did same deal I uninstalled it, the 25GB is still there, maybe sometime in the future ..

BTW I wanted XP for Far Cry 1 mostly, and some other little stuff but, when I played FC with vista, I'd get EVERYTHING white. :(

How did you go about installing vista? You need to put the dvd in the drive and then put the dvd-drive as the primary boot device and boot from the installation disc.

How to dual-boot vista and xp with xp installed first (http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_xp__stepbystep_guide_wi th_screenshots.htm)