PDA

View Full Version : H.A.W.X PC Specs

Pages : [1] 2

Crow_Nest
02-10-09, 07:51 AM
Dont recall seeing this being posted.

Looks like i'll grab the PC version.

http://www.incgamers.com/Games/1868/News/HAWXPCSpecsConsoleFeatures/14813

Due for release in March, UbiSoft's aerial combat title will include numerous features and this morning we got our hands on the PC specs required to run the game along with confirmation on some of the console features that have been up in the air. The PC specs are as follows:

Minimum requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz/ AMD Athlon xp 2000+ or higher
RAM: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista
Graphics Card: 128 mb directx –compliant, shader 2.0– enabled video card

Recommended requirements:
CPU: Intel core 2 duo 6320 / AMD Athlon x2 4000+ or higher
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card:
256 mb directx® 10.0– compliant video card or directx 9.0 – compliant card with shader model 3.0 or higher
HA.W.X will also support PS3 and XBOX360 flight sticks.

Highlighted features outlined by Ubisoft this morning inlcude:

* No cross platform multiplayer
* No split screen mode has been added as Ubi feel it doesn't lend itself to the game.
* The game will support Matrox TripleHead 2 Go technology for up to three monitors.
* Examples of supported flight sticks include PC: Thrustmaster Afterburner II, Saitek X52, Logitech Extreme 3D PRO. H.A.W.X will also support PS3 and XBOX360 flight sticks.
* Voice comms via headsets supported.
* PS3 Sixaxis support
* PS3 Trophy support
* The game will support TrackIR

Matrox have created support which will eventually go through to a page highlighting H.A.W.X’s Triple Head support, but currently links to their Surround gaming page detailing the hardware.

Blade
02-10-09, 08:13 AM
H.A.W.X Demo Announced!
An official Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X™ demo will be available for download for Xbox 360® on February 11 and for PLAYSTATION®3 beginning on February 12, 2009. The demo will be also available for Windows-based PCs beginning on February 26, 2009

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-10-09, 08:49 AM
so do i need thrustmaster 10K stuff for this or a $20 joystick?

i like fligt games but buying a josysticka nd thrust gauge is just too much i like it simple

a joystick and up up and away.......that´s more my type of flying so is this a pure simulation or arcade like action?

NarcissistZero
02-10-09, 08:57 AM
For all the talk of PC being dead, console ports lately have been really good about using the PC and its accessories/benefits. That's some cool info about triplehead support... I know those on WSGF are smiling like crazy right now.

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-10-09, 09:14 AM
i see so a 360 controller is all i need? and with a real set of flight stuff i get a more "real" feeling perhaps?

Destroy
02-10-09, 09:17 AM
For all the talk of PC being dead, console ports lately have been really good about using the PC and its accessories/benefits. That's some cool info about triplehead support... I know those on WSGF are smiling like crazy right now.

*COUGH* Saints Row 2 *GAG*

Crow_Nest
02-10-09, 09:35 AM
i see so a 360 controller is all i need? and with a real set of flight stuff i get a more "real" feeling perhaps?

Yeah it will do just fine, the controls will be the same as the 360 and likely for the PC version the buttons will be fully remappable. Of course, still nothing beats flying a plane with a proper joystick set.

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-10-09, 09:36 AM
sounds good to me the X52 pro and it´s little brother is a bit too expensive as i rarely play any flight games i did once but that is so loong ago

rudedog
02-10-09, 09:53 AM
I think I'll hold judgment until I can play the demo myself.

With that said, interesting to see the PC peripherals supported. These hardware guys (including Intel, AMD, NVIDIA and ATI) better step up to the plate if they want my money and push PC gaming.

NarcissistZero
02-10-09, 10:23 AM
*COUGH* Saints Row 2 *GAG*

An unfortunate exception, though the patch greatly enhanced it.

methimpikehoses
02-10-09, 10:23 AM
C.A.W.X.

Sabadin
02-10-09, 11:53 AM
C.A.W.X.

odds that it's going to be "piracy" when the PC version tanks?

Ubi should've realised there's a reason all the old flight sim developers stopped making arcade games for the PC >.>

Destroy
02-10-09, 12:05 PM
C.A.W.X.

Mmm...thrusters.

|MaguS|
02-10-09, 03:05 PM
odds that it's going to be "piracy" when the PC version tanks?

Ubi should've realised there's a reason all the old flight sim developers stopped making arcade games for the PC >.>

If this game plays like ace combat then I will be really thankful I can't stand sims. Too much bs just to do the simplist things. If I wanted to fly a plane I would take flying lessons, there not expensive and my uncle owns a plane.

The PC needs more arcade games but I already expect most of you here will dislike it and complain that it lacks the sim aspect.

nekrosoft13
02-10-09, 03:14 PM
looking forward to this game ;)

Koko56
02-10-09, 04:49 PM
If this game plays like ace combat then I will be really thankful I can't stand sims. Too much bs just to do the simplist things. If I wanted to fly a plane I would take flying lessons, there not expensive and my uncle owns a plane.

The PC needs more arcade games but I already expect most of you here will dislike it and complain that it lacks the sim aspect.

*facepalm*

Cut on the assumptions...

If a game is fun, then it's fun.

Sabadin
02-10-09, 04:58 PM

If it played like ace combat that would be great, because ace combat doesn't try to pretend it's something it isn't. I think there was more depth in the gameplay for the old arcadey Jane's Combat series by EA back in the 90's than what I've seen of hawx so far. This is just a simple milking of the Clancy brand and I hope it teaches them a lesson before the brand becomes a complete joke.

|MaguS|
02-10-09, 05:32 PM
*facepalm*

Cut on the assumptions...

If a game is fun, then it's fun.

Problem is many people don't see games like that. They want a game to be something it's not.

Destroy
02-10-09, 05:44 PM
So yay, console demos this week, PC demo 3 weeks from now on the 26th of Feb. :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
02-10-09, 06:00 PM
So yay, console demos this week, PC demo 3 weeks from now on the 26th of Feb. :thumbdwn:

Actually only the XBLive Demo and Euro PSN Demo are this week... US PSN gets it the same as the PC from what I read. Sounds like MS has an exclusive...

Destroy
02-10-09, 06:19 PM
You could be right, dunno. They don't say exactly (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=95574) where I read about it.

|MaguS|
02-10-09, 06:23 PM
You could be right, dunno. They don't say exactly (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=95574) where I read about it.

http://kotaku.com/5150434/update-tom-clancys-hawx-demo-hits-consoles-this-week

The 360 version will hit at 2 a.m. Pacific time. For those living in Europe you can get the PS3 version of the demo on Feb. 12.

The demo will arrive on the PC and Playstation 3 on Feb. 26, in North America.

NarcissistZero
02-11-09, 03:30 AM
From this story on blues news, it seems the game will have arcade and sim modes: http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=95574

Crow_Nest
02-11-09, 11:23 PM
This is bull**** man. The 360 demo is only available for XBL gold membership users. Screw you microsoft! Now i have to wait until the 26th for the PC demo.

Bman212121
02-11-09, 11:28 PM
I'd be interested in trying it out, but I'll probably forget about it by the time the demo comes out. (nana2)