PDA

View Full Version : Best SLI Mboard for new Phenom 940 DDR2?

playerone
02-10-09, 04:56 PM
I am confused with the motherbaord choices for AMD Phenoms...Looking for really good overclocking board with SLI (Not crossfire). I prefere Asus.

Recomendations much apreciated & links to reviews helpful.

Thanks

Paul

SLippe
02-10-09, 05:36 PM
Try looking at the ASUS Phenom 'boards over at Newegg.com and sift thru them. The price varies quite a bit, so there should be something for your budget.

playerone
02-10-09, 09:05 PM
Try looking at the ASUS Phenom 'boards over at Newegg.com and sift thru them. The price varies quite a bit, so there should be something for your budget.

Thanks,

I'm looking for the best, dont care the cost.

gstanford
02-13-09, 10:07 AM
I'm using the Crosshair II Formula with my PhII 940. Its working very nicely so far.

I'm a little annoyed with the nForce5xx and PhII situation at the moment. I have two highend nForce590's and would like to put PhII's in them, yet most motherboard makers are not showing a lot of interest in bringing out a suitable BIOS. One does have to wonder if it is the motherboard makers who are unwilling to make BIOSes available or nvidia isn't prepared to put in the effort helping development of said BIOSes. I certainly hope it doesn't turn out to be the latter case.