PDA

View Full Version : intellimouse explorer

cricket
06-03-03, 09:54 AM
when using my intellimouse explorer (the one with the optical eye/red sensor light/no mouse wheel) if i click either an icon like explorer to go online sometimes mouse automatically double clicks it and 2 explorer web brower;s open. this mouse has worked fine for the past 2 years but lately it is like when i click on something it clicks it twice on it's own. i have set at the settings correctly in mouse control's including double click speed etc etc.
has anyone else expierienced their intellimouse explorer acting crazy like this and do you know how to fix it?
it is very annoying and it is not just when opening explorer it happens no matter what i click on. ie:outlook/game desktop icons/etc etc.also when clicking a game icon like enemy territory it launches game 2 times.(as i can see this just before game starts there will be 2 enemy territory's in taskbar trying to start at same time.i even tried uninstalling mouse from device manager and rebooted and let new hardware reinstall it and then reset all mouse properties to correct settings but this did not help either.
could the mouse just be worn out? any help on this appreciatted thanks.

SteveL
06-07-03, 02:28 PM
I gave up on my Intellimouse Explorer about a week ago, it has served my very well for the past couple of years, but for the past few months has been acting a little strange.
Recently this has manifested itself as 'pointer slow-downs' and constant disconnections and re-connections. I guessed the thing was just worn out and invested in a new one. I paid 40 for that mouse 2 years ago, so I would consider that great value for money :)

I had some money burning a hole in my pocket so invested in the new Microsoft Wireless Desktop for Bluetooth(tm) this thing is absolutely AMAZING and now I have all the functionality of my old Intellimouse but now there's no cable, sweet :D

So, yes, in answer to your question, the poor thing is worn out (probably the lamp/bulb making it act weird) time for a new one !!

Smokey
06-07-03, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SteveL
I gave up on my Intellimouse Explorer about a week ago, it has served my very well for the past couple of years, but for the past few months has been acting a little strange.
Recently this has manifested itself as 'pointer slow-downs' and constant disconnections and re-connections. I guessed the thing was just worn out and invested in a new one. I paid 40 for that mouse 2 years ago, so I would consider that great value for money :)

I had some money burning a hole in my pocket so invested in the new Microsoft Wireless Desktop for Bluetooth(tm) this thing is absolutely AMAZING and now I have all the functionality of my old Intellimouse but now there's no cable, sweet :D

So, yes, in answer to your question, the poor thing is worn out (probably the lamp/bulb making it act weird) time for a new one !!

You better hope that you still have that mouse, your problem is not that hard to fix ;) if its not the Explorer 3.0, Ill try to dig up the great link that I used :)

SteveL
06-07-03, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
You better hope that you still have that mouse, your problem is not that hard to fix ;) if its not the Explorer 3.0, Ill try to dig up the great link that I used :)

I'd never throw it away, can still be used, if a little annoying at times. If you can find the link for the fix I would be very grateful. I'll have a look round myself.

It's not the Explorer 3 (I think) it's the VERY first one that had the wheel and two thumb buttons on the side.

Would love to be able to use it with the Laptop if it can be made reliable :)

Smokey
06-07-03, 08:40 PM
K ive had a look but cant find the article, it was usefull aas it had a good set of pics. What it is, is that where the cable goes into the mouse, it has a bad kink, and with time creates a bad connection. To fix this, just open the mouse, four tiny scream underneath, bend the kink in the oppisite way, and pull the cable in a little so that the cable doesnt kink in the same place, some even use same tape around the cable where it enters the mouse to make it a little stiffer.

Hope thats easy enough to follow, Im almost 100% sure that will fix the problem, I was about to change mine until I read how to fix it, its been working as new since ;)