PDA

View Full Version : I Just Don't Care

Pages : [1] 2 3

Matthyahuw
06-03-03, 10:24 AM
I think PA sums this up for me nicely...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030602l.gif

Why do you guys even give this situation a second thought? Aren't there better things to worry about, or are you lacking in stimulation now that your junior high is out?

R.Carter
06-03-03, 10:51 AM
Meh. Like I care that you don't care.

PreservedSwine
06-03-03, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by R.Carter
Meh. Like I care that you don't care.

pfffft...
You think I care that you don't care that he doesn't care that I care :tongue2:

Hanners
06-03-03, 11:11 AM
Is it just me who finds it worrying that a Technical Editor for a well known enthusiast website doesn't care about the industry he comments on?

All I know is that if I didn't care about my job, I'd suck at it.

Sazar
06-03-03, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Hanners
Is it just me who finds it worrying that a Technical Editor for a well known enthusiast website doesn't care about the industry he comments on?

:rofl

pwned

gordon151
06-03-03, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Hanners

Hi :). I care that you care this Technical Editor for a well known enthusiast website doesn't care!

GO HANNERS GO!!!:jumping:

Hanners
06-03-03, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by gordon151
Hi :). I care that you care this Technical Editor for a well known enthusiast website doesn't care!

I wouldn't say I care (hell, i don't even visit Envy News :p), but I'm sure there are people out there who would kill to be in his position and I think it's a bit of a shame he takes it so lightly. Still, it's his decision, so all power to him. :)

bofh1971
06-03-03, 11:25 AM
OMG I think I am gonna hurl
all this caring on this thread.............aarrrgghhh

It's like one of those "Caring" talkshows, like whatshername, that Sally thing.....

ROFL.......
Its a good point however, with everyone spouting about Nvidia's business ethics, yet many of us are running MS products
:eek: :eek:

UDawg
06-03-03, 11:32 AM
I find it pathetic and funny that those of us that don't care which company is better and say so always get flamed. LOL!
Most gamers are like Matthyahuw and I. We buy a card regardless of the company but evaluate our decision based on actual in game performance rather than on sythetic bencmarks. Notice the first 3 or so posts were just pathetic thread crapping and weak attemps at flaming. :rolleyes:

fanboys are really sad.

CWB
06-03-03, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw

Why do you guys even give this situation a second thought? Aren't there better things to worry about, or are you lacking in stimulation now that your junior high is out?

I couldnt agree more. I understand why its bad, misleading, and blah blah blah, but unless you use Futuremark scores to choose which card to buy (a bad idea regardless of this incident), or are just looking for any fanboy reason to knock either company, who really gives a sh*t?

Dazz
06-03-03, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by CWB
I couldnt agree more. I understand why its bad, misleading, and blah blah blah, but unless you use Futuremark scores to choose which card to buy (a bad idea regardless of this incident), or are just looking for any fanboy reason to knock either company, who really gives a sh*t? LMAO nVIDIA once said that and look what happened.

Solomon
06-03-03, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by PreservedSwine
pfffft...
You think I care that you don't care that he doesn't care that I care :tongue2:

Hahahaha. That's funny! :)

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

digitalwanderer
06-03-03, 11:45 AM
Meh. :|

Solomon
06-03-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by UDawg71
I find it pathetic and funny that those of us that don't care which company is better and say so always get flamed. LOL!
Most gamers are like Matthyahuw and I. We buy a card regardless of the company but evaluate our decision based on actual in game performance rather than on sythetic bencmarks. Notice the first 3 or so posts were just pathetic thread crapping and weak attemps at flaming. :rolleyes:

fanboys are really sad.

You apparently don't see the reprocusions from this huh? What will stop nVidia from doing the same in games that have time demo's for benchmarking? There is a bigger picture then just nVidia just strong arming Futuremark. Future reviews of nVidia products could be harder to distinguish if they are cheating or not.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Dazz
06-03-03, 11:49 AM
I don't care about synthetic benchmarks myself but I sure am interested in the companies attitude towards it's competition.
At the moment i am getting the idea nVIDIA just wants to stap out ever last competitor.

Sazar
06-03-03, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Dazz
I don't care about synthetic benchmarks myself but I sure am interested in the companies attitude towards it's competition.
At the moment i am getting the idea nVIDIA just wants to stap out ever last competitor.

welcome to the world of m$ junior...

Dazz
06-03-03, 11:57 AM
Microshaft = buys out competitors.
Intel = Spends more time suing then in the office.
nVIDIA = Can't win fairly....... then cheat.

FastM
06-03-03, 12:08 PM
In the end nVidia is getting what they wanted, Futuremark and their software to lose credibility in the Benchmarking area. Good win for Any Graphics card company.

Cause in the end nVidia is right, they could either spend their time and money optimizing drivers for 3dMark or the latest games to hit store shelves. Which would you rather they work on?

I agree with Matty, this story has been played out already with 3dMark2001 and there is no need to get all into it again. Its a waist of time for the Industry itself.

Sazar
06-03-03, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by FastM
In the end nVidia is getting what they wanted, Futuremark and their software to lose credibility in the Benchmarking area. Good win for Any Graphics card company.

Cause in the end nVidia is right, they could either spend their time and money optimizing drivers for 3dMark or the latest games to hit store shelves. Which would you rather they work on?

personally I would rather they do not work over benchmark devs to make their products look better than they really are...

thats what I would want...

I want nvidia to focus on its OWN products and their performance on standardised paths rather than saying the world is against them and bringing down the big old money bag anvil on little companies that dare to stand up to nvidia and ITS vision of graphics in the future...

I want these IHV's to innovate... not stifle...

gordon151
06-03-03, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by FastM

I agree with Matty, this story has been played out already with 3dMark2001 and there is no need to get all into it again. Its a waist of time for the Industry itself.

I don't think its a waste when pretty much every review which we base our assumptions on in the past and even now are based on results from synethetic and game benchmarking routines which can be easily manipulated. It's one thing to bury your head in the sand and accept things as they are, but it's another to do so and then make consiquent judgements on information that could have very well been altered to skew our favoring. From now on it's just my personal objective to pretty much to accept all timedemo results I see posted with a grain of salt and base my conclusions on 1) User results or 2) Benchmarks of actual playing performance such as that which I see in the nV News review of the 5900 Ultra. Go MikeC!

UDawg
06-03-03, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Solomon
You apparently don't see the reprocusions from this huh? What will stop nVidia from doing the same in games that have time demo's for benchmarking? There is a bigger picture then just nVidia just strong arming Futuremark. Future reviews of nVidia products could be harder to distinguish if they are cheating or not.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

I am not saying it isn't serious. If Nvidia is going to continue to cheat then they will lose their base. When that happens they will go out of business. Their actions will damn them selves. What I see in these threads are fanboys using things like this to promote their own bias. Fine so you like ATI over Nvidia. That doesn't bother me. As I said I base my card on real game performance. I also base my purchase on whether the company has lied, I just don't thread crap about it.

jAkUp
06-03-03, 12:58 PM
how can you base a card on games performance???? no reviews show real world gaming... because its not an accurate way to test games. not all of us has a friend with a specific card... most of us buy our cards because of what it says in the review

Nv40
06-03-03, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by UDawg71
I am not saying it isn't serious. If Nvidia is going to continue to cheat then they will lose their base. When that happens they will go out of business. Their actions will damn them selves.What I see in these threads are fanboys using things like this to promote their own bias. Fine so you like ATI over Nvidia. That doesn't bother me. As I said I base my card on real game performance. I also base my purchase on whether the company has lied, I just don't thread crap about it.

indeed...

this has nothing to do with NVIdia cheats or optimizations..
this ATi fans boys ,looking for another oportunity to persuade Nv users.
notice that ATI was mentioned in the FM Report .
but the same people justify the action,"its was only 3%"..
when things looked that they admited they told..
"at least ATI admited it" ," when they denied " it was only an optimization" :)

Nv40
06-03-03, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw

by the way.. MATT..

that was brilliant.. that illustrate perfectly everything here lately :lol:

UDawg
06-03-03, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
how can you base a card on games performance???? no reviews show real world gaming... because its not an accurate way to test games. not all of us has a friend with a specific card... most of us buy our cards because of what it says in the review

We have up her in WA state a couple of smaller shops that let us try out the cards. In fact they have the newest cards set up with fraps and other utilities to play with the card right there in the shop. They also put them in thier lan puters. I never buy a card before I can play with it a little, unless it is a card that has been out for a while and it's performance is well known. I know not every one does this but I have the shops available so I take advantage of them. If you really want to know how a card will run. I am sure for $500 you can talk a sales person into putting one in a puter for you. It isn't like you buying a TNT2.