PDA

View Full Version : Square-Enix looking to take over Eidos...

NarcissistZero
02-12-09, 06:55 AM
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/12/square-enix-behind-eidos-takeover-bid/

Eidos releases most of their titles on PC, whereas Square-Enix releases very few, so this could have reprecussions for PC gamers.

LordJuanlo
02-12-09, 07:02 AM
I'd prefer Eidos to remain independent, I don't like the idea of them being bought by Square-Enix, I have a bad feeling about this

evox
02-12-09, 08:48 AM
Oh god no, next thing we know, Hitman will be a Sword wielding spiky haired douchebag that looks like a girl.

|MaguS|
02-12-09, 09:38 AM
Oh god no, next thing we know, Hitman will be a Sword wielding spiky haired douchebag that looks like a girl.

I don't think thats the case at all. Square stated they wanted to focus more on western focused games because the Japanese Market has been shrinking alot lately. EIDIOS cannot make it alone anymore, they have been losing money on a regular basis, someone needs to snatch them up...

Noriega
02-12-09, 09:42 AM

Well said ;)

evox
02-12-09, 09:52 AM
I don't think thats the case at all. Square stated they wanted to focus more on western focused games because the Japanese Market has been shrinking alot lately. EIDIOS cannot make it alone anymore, they have been losing money on a regular basis, someone needs to snatch them up...
Seriously, even if thats their intent, thats still a big what if. C'mon EA, Ubisoft, look at tasty Eidos! Christ, anyone but Square. They make good games but the art direction is so queer, its ridiculous.

This article is so damn spot-on:
http://checkyourhud.com/how-to-design-a-character-the-square-enix-way/

Noriega
02-12-09, 10:55 AM
Let's hope that it does not mean end of my favourite Hitman series and other series too

Ninjaman09
02-12-09, 11:00 AM
I don't think thats the case at all. Square stated they wanted to focus more on western focused games because the Japanese Market has been shrinking alot lately.

The latest Final Fantasy XIII trailer does not support this assertion. :p

|MaguS|
02-12-09, 11:39 AM
The latest Final Fantasy XIII trailer does not support this assertion. :p

Final Fantasy will never got western focus, its a JRPG and will stay a JRPG but if you look at alot of their other games they have tried in the past it shows they have an interest in the marker (they worked on a Racing Game, Baseball game and acouple of wrestling games).

nekrosoft13
02-12-09, 11:49 AM

haha!!

Lfctony
02-12-09, 12:37 PM
I'd prefer Eidos to remain independent, I don't like the idea of them being bought by Square-Enix, I have a bad feeling about this

I agree, I mean they won't be able to have reviewers fired, I doubt Square-Enix will let them... :headexplode:

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-12-09, 12:46 PM
this is sadly the way things go now days with the finance crisis and all small sturdios canīt keep up with the bigger once.

DICe=EA
Crytek=EA
see my point?

i wished that DICE would have been on itīs own as crytek if EA hadnīt bought them no crysis no BF games and so on.

damn it too baad though Hitman as a FF clone yeah teen gals with no cloths swords bigger tha a air-craft carrier......i see where this is going...........

seriously too abd but i guess better being bought than closed forever

Misfire
02-13-09, 09:30 AM
isn't Crytek just an EA partner? which means they're independent just like iD software and valve are. Last I heard, Crytek bought out Free Radical

JasonPC
02-13-09, 11:34 AM
Crytek is indepedent, they even are buying another studio. EA just published Crysis and Warhead. Eidos has a lot of good titles but it seems like nothing really good has been released by them in a while.

|MaguS|
02-13-09, 11:59 AM
Eidos has a lot of good titles but it seems like nothing really good has been released by them in a while.

Tomb Raider relaunch has been pretty dam good in my opinion...

NarcissistZero
02-13-09, 12:00 PM
Tomb Raider relaunch has been pretty dam good in my opinion...

Yup, all three are excellent games.

I kind of liked Kane & Lynch, despite it's obvious flaws.

|MaguS|
02-13-09, 12:35 PM
I think the greatest addition to Square would be crystal dynamix, they could really make some awesome action games insted of that crap Square tried to put out.

Severian126
02-13-09, 01:27 PM
Square's artwork for their past few games suck. Everyone looks like little girls.

ralinn
02-13-09, 03:10 PM
I love the manliness in this thread.

Lfctony
04-25-09, 10:49 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6208436.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=hot-stories&tag=hot-stories;title;2

Acquisition has gone through...

sl0ppy_sec0nds
04-25-09, 11:45 PM
Agent 47 isn't too happy about having to wear and orange suit with pink tie and having to grow his hair below the shoulders.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9613/91998520060508screen009.jpg

K007
04-25-09, 11:57 PM
i want another hitman game :(, loved the last one.

nekrosoft13
04-26-09, 01:07 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6208436.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=hot-stories&tag=hot-stories;title;2

Acquisition has gone through...

great, can't wait for asian hitman with big eyes and oversized weapons.

Buio
04-26-09, 02:12 AM
great, can't wait for asian hitman with big eyes and oversized weapons.

I believe they bought Eidos to get a bigger presence on European/American type of games. I think Sega has done similar acquisitions before. Although you might just be joking, but I have no humor.