PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 dlc help

trivium nate
02-12-09, 10:29 AM
Okay so on my pc i have a games for windows live application im logged in i added $1000 microsoft points and i downloaded fallout 3 operation anchorage now how do i play it lol

ViN86
02-12-09, 11:00 AM
Okay so on my pc i have a games for windows live application im logged in i added $1000 microsoft points and i downloaded fallout 3 operation anchorage now how do i play it lol

$1000 worth of MS points is about 80,000 points...

sry, idk tbh...

Arachnid
02-12-09, 11:57 AM
Assuming that you have installed Fallout 3 on the C:\OS Drive and in-game you have already exited the vault, play around for a few minutes and you will get a distress signal and the quest will be triggered, make that quest as your active quest and using the map you can reach the location of the distress signal's origin. In case you have installed Fallout 3 in any other drive other than the one mentioned above, it is likely that you won't receive the signal at all and hence won't get the quest, in that case do the following -
I have already posted about it earlier so I'll just give the link -

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1916739&postcount=40

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1916769&postcount=42

trivium nate
02-12-09, 12:24 PM
okay thanks um i installed it to C drive i beat the game i have to replay the beginning and wait for the radio signal? ok thanks!

Arachnid
02-12-09, 12:26 PM
okay thanks um i installed it to C drive i beat the game i have to replay the beginning and wait for the radio signal? ok thanks!

You don't have to replay from the beginning, just load up you favourite save game (before the point of no return in the end) and play for a while, you should get the signal. However if you want to play with a new character, then yes, you have to play from the beginning and exit the Vault to get the signal.

NarcissistZero
02-12-09, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it should find it right away. The only reason to move the files is if you use mods. If it's listed in the "downloaded content" menu on the Fallout 3 main menu you're good to go.

LordJuanlo
02-12-09, 03:26 PM
Assuming that you have installed Fallout 3 on the C:\OS Drive and in-game you have already exited the vault

They haven't fixed the drive C: bug yet???. I'm holding my buy until it's fixed